Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Less-Rabi Soloing Question

I'm currently attempting to solo LK Heroics to finish the last few achievements I needed for the achieve, and got down to only one left that I needed. Only problem is when I get to Moorabi I pop everything, but everytime I get him down to 1 health he's instantly went into Mammoth form. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Current configs I've attempted on:
    Enhance Shaman (50k Dps)
    Feral Druid (40k DPS)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that he begins to cast at exactly 50% (and all 5 secs. after it)....so you have to carefully bring him to those 50% and then interrupt and nuke. I hope that works...

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 10:26 PM ----------

The cast time is increased by his health, not amount of interupts. We just did a 25 second kill and the 3rd was near instant and we didn't get achievement
    oh dear, didn't see that coming.....the safest would be with someone else. You can solo all the Glory achievement exept (this) and "Share the Love". Good Luck.

Basically you want to hold off, slowly burn him down to around 50%, then as soon as you interrupt it burn him down the rest of they way. It's helpful if you have a silence you can use, to drop it on him near the end of the CD on his transform to buy you a few extra seconds, otherwise, you will just have to ask for help (or get better gear :P)

He's immune to silence. Solar Beam worked briefly as a constant interrupt after being introduced, but was hotfixed shortly.

OP it's possible to just smoke him before the first cast, or at least it was at one point, especially with a heroism. I did it at 85 on my own. If nothing else you could consider getting help from a destro lock. With dark soul and maybe an on use trinket they can take him down in one chaos bolt.

If it really is bugged and he's casting it at 1 health without dying or something, try using no dots and leaving after he transforms. As in, leave the room. He'll reset (if he doesn't, use displacer beast or another vanish type ability) and pull shortly after he returns. He'll already be a mammoth, won't re-transform, and you can get it, unless that's been hotfixed as well.

You want to get the glyphs to maximize the lockout duration. As said, his cast speed is based on his remaining health %. So get him to about 30-40%, wait for a cast, interrupt, then burn hard before his next, near-instant cast.

With all CD's (tiger's fury, berserk, incarnation, NV) your feral should easily be able to burst over 150k DPS, which will cover the lockout duration on your (glyphed) skull bash.

Quick and painless way to get this:
    1. pick up a decent geared windwalker monk
    2. make sure his health is higher than the boss (He can pop fortifying brew for 20% more health. Priest fort is win too)
    3. have him glyph into Touch of Death
    4. Have him use touch of death on the boss.
    5. instant dead boss and achieve.

You're welcome.

Why your dps is so low is what I'm wondering

Above 50% he has a 10 second cooldown. below 50% he has a 5 second cooldown. The cooldown wont change when he transitions through 50%, ie if he has 7 seconds remaining when he hits 49%, it will still take him 7 seconds till he casts again.

The cast time decreases the less health he has. You essentially have to preempt his casts. What you should do is get him to 55%, then wait for his next cast. When it's interrupted, burn everything, and have the next interrupter count in their head, and interrupt when they manage to count to 10. Then the next counts to 5, and so on. It may take some practice, but it's doable.
    RETH

I did it during Cata on my rogue, he only had a single cast (which I interrupted) and he died before he had a chance for a second cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    2. make sure his health is higher than the boss (He can pop fortifying brew for 20% more health. Priest fort is win too)

You're welcome.
    Are you sure you're can ToD a boss?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Are you sure you're can ToD a boss?
    you can ToD anything that has less life then you

Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post

You're welcome.
    Actually, every monk has ToD so go with the flavor that has the most HP (i.e. my MW spec has more HP than my WW spec due to gearing). Fort, stam potion / flask, fortifying brew (also available to all specs and is multiplicative with the other pre-existing buffs - gives 20% of your current health pool) - basically anything that increases your HP.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    As many have said. The cast time is tied to his health.

Above 50% he casts it every 10 seconds. Below 50% he casts it every 5 seconds. The base cast time is 4 seconsd, so at 75% health its 3 seconds, 50% its 2 second cast time, 25% 1 second etc. So the goal is to figure out, how much can you burst him in 5 seconds. Say you can burst 40% in 5 seconds. Bring him down to 40%, save all your cooldowns, wait for a cast, interrupt it, then pop all cooldowns and burn before the next cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    you can ToD anything that has less life then you
    Not players

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Not players
    You can with PvP set bonus.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    You can with PvP set bonus.
    Only if they're sub 10% or a silly warrior trying to intervene someone else.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

As others have said, get a monk OR interrupt one cast and then kill him(most classes should be able to kill him in like 3 GCDs)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah easiest way is to just bring a friend or something. I actually did Less-rabi earlier today because I joined a group that was trying to do Share the Love (requires five players). We killed him as he was casting his first transform, before I could even use Touch of Death on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Actually, every monk has ToD so go with the flavor that has the most HP (i.e. my MW spec has more HP than my WW spec due to gearing). Fort, stam potion / flask, fortifying brew (also available to all specs and is multiplicative with the other pre-existing buffs - gives 20% of your current health pool) - basically anything that increases your HP.
    Just grab a brewmaster spec. Even with low-ilvl WW (or hell, MW) gear, Ox Stance (20% stam) + Leather Spec (5% stam), yes please.

Thanks all, still working on it. (unfortunately university started this week so not much time for attempts) am leveling a brewmaster at the moment so I feel like I can get it eventually. Tried today and had the same unfortunate luck. But I will keep trying till i have that drake lol