Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Comparing ret to holy is silly. If you're going to compare ret to anything, it would be other melee since those are who you are competing for spots against.

    Secondly, having a holy and a ret brings 2 sets of each thing mentioned. They're not mutually exclusive.
    You're right, they're not. But you don't need 4 BoP's. It isn't going to be significantly better than 2. Forbearance. And other melee have unique utilities (excluding Enhance, they are in the same boat, except at least they have purge)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    You're right, they're not. But you don't need 4 BoP's. It isn't going to be significantly better than 2. Forbearance. And other melee have unique utilities (excluding Enhance, they are in the same boat, except at least they have purge)
    I really disagree. Having 2 aura masteries also means you can AM every single solar beam from an enemy moonkin, which many teams base their entire strategy around.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I really disagree. Having 2 aura masteries also means you can AM every single solar beam from an enemy moonkin, which many teams base their entire strategy around.
    Uh. Not true? AM has a 3 minute cooldown. And you can't AM if silenced. And it has a pretty obvious animation that any moonkin worth anything will know to watch out for.

  4. #24
    You cast AM as you're AoE gripped.

  5. #25
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    You cast AM as you're AoE gripped.
    I think you are overestimating AM. Also, then good luck having AM for when, you know, your other healers are blanket silenced. 6 seconds every 3 minutes may stop a combo, but grats on your "utility" shutting down 1 spec's ability, if the boomkin is dumb and wastes it. Other than that, any melee other than enhance can do Ret's job better than Ret can. BoP isn't that good when you consider an AoE fear stops ALL DAMAGE(not just physical). Peels will always be stronger than BoP, especially when it is purgable.
    A Ret can't node defend alone because they are insanely susceptible to CC, can't aoe to fish for rogues, and are squishy compared to say a Hunter, Warrior, or really a majority of other classes.
    A Ret can't transfer a flag to your FC like other melee can. A Ret can't go prot to FC.
    The list goes on.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    My advice to you OP is, every time you get a response like "lol ret", ask them to run random bg's with you sometime and show them that you can be a valuable asset to an RBG team. I don't know what else you can do but try to prove yourself outside of an RBG setting. Sorry man.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    My advice to you OP is, every time you get a response like "lol ret", ask them to run random bg's with you sometime and show them that you can be a valuable asset to an RBG team. I don't know what else you can do but try to prove yourself outside of an RBG setting. Sorry man.
    Top damage doesn't win RBG's. KB's don't win RBG's. Showing an RBG leader you can "do well" and "be an asset to the team" in a random doesn't mean anything. Just because you can go 19-0 against people with no gear who don't disarm you during CD's and don't fear you during CD's doesn't mean you will do the same in RBG's. Just the way it works.

  8. #28
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Top damage doesn't win RBG's. KB's don't win RBG's. Showing an RBG leader you can "do well" and "be an asset to the team" in a random doesn't mean anything. Just because you can go 19-0 against people with no gear who don't disarm you during CD's and don't fear you during CD's doesn't mean you will do the same in RBG's. Just the way it works.
    Yeah no doubt they are different settings, but at least doing that would give OP the opportunity to show a RBG leader that he is competent and can play his class. As an ex-RBG leader, I was constantly searching for competent players, mainly through spamming in general chat "LFM random bg's, pst". I also found and recruited a lot of people to the guild I'm in as well. I'd pay much more attention to those players' usage of abilities, calling inc's, and battleground awareness than the numbers they can put up on the scoreboard.

    Point being I'd rather have a slightly less-than-ideal comp filled with handpicked, competent players than have a perfect comp with a couple less-than-ideal players. Obviously you want to have both a perfect comp and excellent players at the same time, but often times that just isn't feasible.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-17 at 02:33 AM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Yeah no doubt they are different settings, but at least doing that would give OP the opportunity to show a RBG leader that he is competent and can play his class. As an ex-RBG leader, I was constantly searching for competent players, mainly through spamming in general chat "LFM random bg's, pst". I also found and recruited a lot of people to the guild I'm in as well. I'd pay much more attention to those players' usage of abilities, calling inc's, and battleground awareness than the numbers they can put up on the scoreboard.

    Point being I'd rather have a slightly less-than-ideal comp filled with handpicked, competent players than have a perfect comp with a couple less-than-ideal players. Obviously you want to have both a perfect comp and excellent players at the same time, but often times that just isn't feasible.
    I can agree with that, but most people will just be looking for a good player for those specific classes they want, which is very, very rarely Ret =/

  10. #30
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I can agree with that, but most people will just be looking for a good player for those specific classes they want, which is very, very rarely Ret =/
    Yeah too true man. I'm just hoping that, at some point, some leader is looking for a melee dps and thinks of OP. Way I see it, I'd rather take a good Ret Paladin when compared to either waiting who knows how long for a feral/dps warr to come along, or just canceling that night's RBG's.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  11. #31
    Try being a lolmonk.

    A squishy dps that cant do burst.
    A squishy healer that cant heal burst.
    And a squishy tank that cant flag carry.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Try being a lolmonk.

    A squishy dps that cant do burst.
    A squishy healer that cant heal burst.
    And a squishy tank that cant flag carry.
    Monk healers have insane AE heals for RBGs.

  13. #33
    I think you guys, and most other people as well, are too fixated on composition. Player skill simply matters more, unless your team plays at a high level for RBGs. I would bring a good Ret over a mediocre/bad Arms warrior every time.

  14. #34
    i played ret in rbgs in s9 to about 1700, then i was forced to go holy because i wanted higher ratings. i find holy excruciatingly boring.

    i think it comes down to ret being able to bring somthing with it's hand spells that holy paladins can't.
    every class that gets brought to rbgs is bought for their gimmick, locks for aoe, boomkins for knockbacks, ect, ret needs somthing unique it can do. if that boils down to somthing as simple as giving ret it's stun break back then they should do that.

    ret doesn't bring the mongoloid damage of a warrior, the cleave of a dk, or the control of a rogue. but they've always excelled at support, its just a large amount of that unique support like it's stun break and defensive dispel has been either taken away or also given to holy, like repentance, over the years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    I think you guys, and most other people as well, are too fixated on composition. Player skill simply matters more, unless your team plays at a high level for RBGs. I would bring a good Ret over a mediocre/bad Arms warrior every time.
    if my friend hafleur, who has gladiator x4, hero of the horde x2, battlemaster, arenamaster, and over 300k hks, and made some semi famous ret pvp videos can't get into 1800 rbgs what chance do the rest of us have? i thought rbgs were supposed to bring a greater variety of comp and specs into pvp?
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-01-17 at 05:37 AM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    I think you guys, and most other people as well, are too fixated on composition. Player skill simply matters more, unless your team plays at a high level for RBGs. I would bring a good Ret over a mediocre/bad Arms warrior every time.
    Would you bring a good ret over a mediocre mage / lock / balance druid / shadow priest?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Would you bring a good ret over a mediocre mage / lock / balance druid / shadow priest?
    Over a mediocre mage or lock, no, but yes to the other two classes. Balance druids are a necessity for high level RBGs, but less competitive teams lack the coordination to pull off or make effective use of solar beam.

    My point was that I've seen too many dogshit players get into higher rated RBG groups just because they fit the standard RBG compositions. A good Ret would've contributed more than these mediocre/poor players. Therefore, I don't think this is a black and white issue, unless you play at a very competitive level.

  17. #37
    Wow... I just think that team leaders want like dks or warriors for melee. While maybe holy pally for healing though


    Join us if you are Alliance on Darkspear, image says it all

  18. #38
    I would have thought double bop and double freedom would be exceptional on an attacking force, allowing your heavier melee to stick to their target and stop your clothies getting squished or having to blow their defensive CD's straight away.

    I've had this problem with Enhance for a long time. Always quite well geared, always listen and follow orders, but it's just better to take other melee. Bring the player, not the class y0
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i thought rbgs were supposed to bring a greater variety of comp and specs into pvp?
    And I thought rbgs are balanced and focused on by blizzard!.. oh wait

  20. #40
    ur stats are wierd why do u have so little pvp power? missing wep? and 675 ress? do u gem ress all the way? eeeewh

    " A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •