Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why will noone accept me into an RBG?

67% res, 47% power ret pally with fully upgraded weapon.

In random battlegrounds im almost always top of the charts, and im very clutch in most situations.

Everytime i see someone spamming looking for dps for RBG's i whisper all my stats and i get replies like

" Not taking rets" or
    "Ret lol" or
    " will you go holy?" or
    "rets are bad"

I feel like im a good player but i cant even get a chance to show my skills because noone will ever give me a chance.
    Even my guild runs weekly RBG's and wont let me in until i roll holy, but those same people can never get near me on the charts in random battlegrounds.

I just dont understand why noone will give me a chance?

I am guessing its because other melee dps simply do more damage. Stomping people in random bgs is one thing, but in rated battlegrounds teams want the best they can get to optimize their chances of winning, and right now, ret pallies damage is eclipsed by dks, warriors, and ferals. As for whispering your stats, having full gear is pretty much the expectation for a decent group anyways this late in the season.

The only melee that really get spots are dk's and warriors, maybe a rogue to spin flags. That leaves feral, enhance, ret and ww monks out in the cold. Of course no one wants hunters either.

Typical of Blizzard to force us to play rbg's even though a good third of the classes/specs can't get in.

Rets don't really bring anything into the rbg, that is probably why you can't get into a rbg.

Get the Addon OQueue from curse.

So from what Im gathering it has nothing to do with how well i play? That bites... I really wanted that mount from 75 rbg wins

If you want RBGs go Holy.

Ret literally brings -nothing- to a BG. (If anything it's a negative thing having a Ret in an RBG, because it fills a spot that could have a better class).

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 10:35 PM ----------

Just saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    So from what Im gathering it has nothing to do with how well i play? That bites... I really wanted that mount from 75 rbg wins
    If you want to do RBGs as Ret just for the mount, join a really low RBG group and tell them you're fully geared and whatever Arena experience you're at. An Arcane Mage in blues and could probably score an RBG team at 1300 rating if he was 2.2k in Arena.

Unfortunately as stated above. You have an insane (fairly easily neutered) burst every 3/5 minutes and then.... nothing.
    You'd have been brought as a "dps that can heal" prior to the pvp power healing nerf for hybrids. As the new patch stands, expect to be welcome again (getting buffed).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

As stated above, basically the only melee that are brought to rbgs are frost dks and rogues (depending on the group). Prot warriors and guardian druids are generally the flag carriers (druids being better it seems). The big problem with rets is that they have great burst.....and then they're pretty crappy until their cooldowns are back up. Sorry to say it, but it's just the way it is, with off healing the way it is rets really aren't all that great period, they can burst hard but after that they have a little bit of utility, that's it.

stopped reading at "ret pally". unfortunately since the creation of rbgs, ret pallys have no place in them, before you could at least bring a second LoH, now you can't even do that. And double freedom/bop doesnt do much and your nearby holy pally always have them.

regardless of pvp res/power rets are simply bad at rbgs since everyone does everything else better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just try to make your own rbg then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Yeah there's just no reason to waste a spot on a retribution, it's a great spec for random bgs, but RBGs are no place for one, there's just nothing that a retri brings, that another class won't bring a better version of. Sorry but, either go holy or make your own RBG.

Met plenty of 2.3k+ rated rets.

Ret brings insane burst during wings, 2 freedoms, 2 bops, a free snare and being incredibly durable due to 1min cd magic shield wall. Not to mention Aura Mastery, the god-cooldown of RBGs.

To say ret brings nothing is delusionally stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    Get the Addon OQueue from curse.
    this will probably help you the most if you need to find a random grp for your weekly cap
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    Same goes for enha shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Met plenty of 2.3k+ rated rets.

Ret brings insane burst during wings, 2 freedoms, 2 bops, a free snare and being incredibly durable due to 1min cd magic shield wall. Not to mention Aura Mastery, the god-cooldown of RBGs.

To say ret brings nothing is delusionally stupid.
    Holy brings all of that with room for DPS that brings similar burst and better sustained.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Holy brings all of that with room for DPS that brings similar burst and better sustained.
    This exactly. Especially when you have limited melee spots. DK's, warriors, rogues, ferals are all better decisions. Ret has nothing (until maybe 5.2, will have to see how useful instant aoe Blind is compared to Holy's cast time) that is useful in RBG's that another melee can't do better or having that utility on a STRONG pvp healer is a better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll holy or start your own rbg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    rbg is serious
    Serious or not, even when doing the weekly cap at 1200 mmr or whatever, you don't want to waste everyone's time because some retardin wants in.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Comparing ret to holy is silly. If you're going to compare ret to anything, it would be other melee since those are who you are competing for spots against.

Secondly, having a holy and a ret brings 2 sets of each thing mentioned. They're not mutually exclusive.