Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    The only melee that really get spots are dk's and warriors, maybe a rogue to spin flags. That leaves feral, enhance, ret and ww monks out in the cold. Of course no one wants hunters either.

Typical of Blizzard to force us to play rbg's even though a good third of the classes/specs can't get in.
    Hunters do have their use on several maps and are brought along since MoP hit. Rogues and ferals bring stealth altough rogue's argually are a better choice because of smokebomb.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    So from what Im gathering it has nothing to do with how well i play? That bites... I really wanted that mount from 75 rbg wins
    No, it's melees in general. No good reasont to bring them to an RBG most of the time except as flagcarrier/for smokebomb and such. While being fairly strong in Arena and 1on1 situations they get worse as more casters are present because they have to actually reach their target before they can start inflicting damage.

If you want just the mount you dont need a expierienced RBG group. You can do it with a group that has an avarage rating of 1300. Since you will fight teams of about similar MMR chances of winning shouldnt change much from playing in an expierienced team.

Sure playing the good team makes up for more fun, mostly, but didnt we all do stuff for a mount we didnt want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure a 2.4k in 2s 3s and 5s, or a glad could get into RBG in the place of an arms warrior for example. But in order to be even a little bit useful, you need to peel, off heal and support your team. This isn't something the average ret does, so they'd rather take a warrior who face plants his forehead on his shockwave button, or a dk who has every key bound to howling blast or gorefiends grasp.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was this thread made when the OP answered his own question?
    Rets are bad, go holy. That was what you were told, so that is your answer.

-*Mersynd* - *Entensity* - *Stormscale US* - *Sig by Shyama*-

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    And I thought rbgs are balanced and focused on by blizzard!.. oh wait
    this is what they sold them to me as. i'm not a huge fan of arena since its always seemed very static to me, and i've been a bg hero since vanilla, back in S9 i hoped rbgs were going to be more unpredictable and varied, but they turned out to be even more static then arenas.

now wintrading is completely rampant and i can't get a spot unless i go holy, which i'm not sure how i'm supposed to do since item upgrades will stop me from starting my holy set until my ret set is fully upgraded. i've completely given up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Livets View Post
    Why was this thread made when the OP answered his own question?
    Rets are bad, go holy. That was what you were told, so that is your answer.
    and saying that is just insulting to some one whos spent a lot of time learning to play ret and getting better at ret.

most rets don't have holy gear, or can't get it for a significant amount of time due to item upgrade. saying "just go holy" is a lot harder to do then it is to say.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    ur stats are wierd why do u have so little pvp power? missing wep? and 675 ress? do u gem ress all the way? eeeewh
    fragile rets go full resil very early on. resil actually scales better then pvppower so theres really no point to using pvp power.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Met plenty of 2.3k+ rated rets.

Ret brings insane burst during wings, 2 freedoms, 2 bops, a free snare and being incredibly durable due to 1min cd magic shield wall. Not to mention Aura Mastery, the god-cooldown of RBGs.

To say ret brings nothing is delusionally stupid.

Please link all these rets with 2.3kcr in rbgs. You more likely than not meet rets who played holy for rating or used the win trade exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Comparing ret to holy is silly. If you're going to compare ret to anything, it would be other melee since those are who you are competing for spots against.

Secondly, having a holy and a ret brings 2 sets of each thing mentioned. They're not mutually exclusive.
    heroic leap > entire ret spec.

Umm... I feel like no one is actually addressing the OP's original intent which is to get the mount for 75 wins.

You can do that with any class, it is not BoP and you can get the mount and then mail it to whatever character you want to use it on your account. As people have stated, Rets are generally not taken for the multitude of reasons and there is really no getting around that short of creating your own team and leading it (which is not for everyone). The way I see it, these are your options to accomplish your goal (mount).

1.) Go Holy.
    2.) Lead your own group.
    3.) Slog in 1200 rated one win cappers to get 75 wins. (would happen sometime next season if you played non-stop.)
    4.) Roll an alt specifically for RBG and play that to get the mount.

I think you will find that it does not take any amount of time really to get an alt up and you can get enough gear to start cap RBGs pretty quickly. It would even work out better for you because 5.2 is out soon and you can gear out in a weekend with honor then and be competitive. I would wager that by the time you level a character and get comfortable playing it in random BGs and your arena cap each week 5.2 will hit and you can start the new season fresh.

Classes that will always have a spot in RBG (non-healers):

Prot War
    Guardian Druid
    Frost/Unholy DK (will play similar to ret)
    Mage
    Warlock
    Boomkin
    Shadow Priest

Classes that can get into groups for specific tasks:
    Rogues
    Hunters
    Perhaps WW monks next patch.

If you really want to make sure you are in demand and always have a group to run with, my advice would be to roll a warrior. FC are generally the deciding factor in getting a group together, and if they already have a FC most teams will take a warrior dps because of the amount of CC/Pressure they do.

Deleted
    Its sad that youre forced to buy two different armor sets to get what you want easier. Sure, you might have luck and get invited to a group with their own tactics. I made a suggestion to make it so we hybrids could swap gear from like healer to dps all together once per week but people said its not a great idea.

Maybe they are right but i would like to get 75 wins mount fast and simple. I can see that its a bad idea even if it saves time, because that would mean that pve players would whine and i have no clue what kind of problem that will cause.

But yeah i would like to go to the pvp vendors and change the stats for my gear. Gems should be kept like they are for some kind of "punishment".

The new addon oQueue will help with this problem. If not, just make your own group with friends or guildies. You aren't going to get 2k+ this season as ret unless you have a group that will carry you.

Ret is probably the weakest dps spec when it comes to bgs, why would someone take you for their rbgs when ret paladins dont bring anything to the game. The only thing you can do is reroll next season because this one is almost over, or pray that paladins get some new abilities that will make them useful, even if they get a 50% dmg buff theres still no reason to bring one to rbgs.

ur stats are wierd why do u have so little pvp power? missing wep? and 675 ress? do u gem ress all the way? eeeewh
    Anyone who knows anything about pvp will gem resilience and not pvp power, its been proven that the dmg reduction from resil is better than the dmg gain from pvp power. Look at all the top players they all gem resil and have around 47-49pvp power so theres really nothing wrong with his stats...
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2013-01-17 at 09:08 PM.

Well if my stats are wierd then i gues smy gear is wierd. You can armory me, my name in game is the same as on here. And yes i do have the weapon and its fully upgraded. And i guess im gonna have to just drop my dreams of the mount cause I dont really want to stop playing my ret. I just enjoy how it feels.

I really loathe this "DO EVERYTHING TO WIN, FUCK EVERYONE ELSE, ME ME ME ME ME" attitude of MMOs/WoW/Other games like that.
    Want to raid but your guild doesn't raid so you gotta join a pug? Too bad. You don't have the achievement. Or too bad. You don't have the right spec. Or too bad. The raid leader is also that spec, and he doesn't want you in it. Want to do arena? Too bad! not a good spec for that! What's your rating? Too low? Too bad! Wait for a friend instead! Want to do RBGs? Too bad! not the right spec! Rating too low! So on and so forth. Friggin' sheesh. It'd be okay if this was a minority, or just a large portion of people doing this. but it's pretty much 99% of the people who freaking try to set up everything. The slightest bit of failure scares the ever loving shit out of everyone. The slightest idea of helping anyone is so damned foreign, it hurts them to even think about it. Gotta win. Gotta win fast. Can't lose. Can't lose. GO GO GO GO GO GO!

My advice? Form your own group. Be nice to people, be a good person, and have some fun.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I really loathe this "DO EVERYTHING TO WIN, FUCK EVERYONE ELSE, ME ME ME ME ME" attitude of MMOs/WoW/Other games like that.
    Want to raid but your guild doesn't raid so you gotta join a pug? Too bad. You don't have the achievement. Or too bad. You don't have the right spec. Or too bad. The raid leader is also that spec, and he doesn't want you in it. Want to do arena? Too bad! not a good spec for that! What's your rating? Too low? Too bad! Wait for a friend instead! Want to do RBGs? Too bad! not the right spec! Rating too low! So on and so forth. Friggin' sheesh. It'd be okay if this was a minority, or just a large portion of people doing this. but it's pretty much 99% of the people who freaking try to set up everything. The slightest bit of failure scares the ever loving shit out of everyone. The slightest idea of helping anyone is so damned foreign, it hurts them to even think about it. Gotta win. Gotta win fast. Can't lose. Can't lose. GO GO GO GO GO GO!

My advice? Form your own group. Be nice to people, be a good person, and have some fun.
    The problem is when people want their rating and wins instead of suffering through loss after loss, the world isn't sunshine and rainbows man.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Im sure a 2.4k in 2s 3s and 5s, or a glad could get into RBG in the place of an arms warrior for example. But in order to be even a little bit useful, you need to peel, off heal and support your team. This isn't something the average ret does, so they'd rather take a warrior who face plants his forehead on his shockwave button, or a dk who has every key bound to howling blast or gorefiends grasp.
    Naw even those ach its practically impossible, i have my GM title, was top 20 fc US s9 and am 2k rated atm(because i occasionally run my own) i main prot pally fc(which is actually much more viable than people think) and as both ret/prot i still get turned down and laughed at by teams 200 cr lower than i am.
    OP as said u only have a few options, just run non stop low rated if u just want the mount, or form ur own, thats teally all u can do,
    Well, actually, another option is learn how to target call, thats like the most important part of a real team, a reliable tc even as ret is more valuable than a moron dk who spams damage but doesnt call any of his targets or cc or grips etc

Its obv that since blizzsh1t fucked up with classes will give us all a free T2 weapon "just to increase the competition" so nvm just pretend u are holly and troll them the last second with retri, they deserve it in the end with the "retri? /lol" attidute.
    Last edited by akon; 2013-01-18 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    You can say "live with it" but then ill say "i pay for Blizzard".

But the sad part is that they who say "live with it" is the right one actually. Blizzard is not giving a crap about some parts of their costumers, we pay to play this game only, and we have to live with it.

The only hope left is to force devs to play each class for pvp as a full time job but then they cant work as a team because there would be arguments.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-18 at 01:10 PM.

Quoting Camaris from this thread -

Our strength is supposed to be our flexibility in moving between damage dealing and off-heals. This is why we get trained into the ground every match - the opportunity cost for taking us out is very mild compared to our potential effectiveness when left to roam unchecked. It's why we make such powerhouses in open BGs but are extremely weak in any kind of organized play.

This is just an idea im using as a campaign to get my beloved Ret Paladin into RBG's...

Would it be so far-fetched to have 1-2 Ret paladins as healer Body guards? I know we cant really peel, but we can counter silences/interrupts and off-heal (better in 5.2). we can make a healers life easier by healing them while they are healing the other DPS.

I know im just spit-balling and more than likely this will be shot down, but hey! I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    This is just an idea im using as a campaign to get my beloved Ret Paladin into RBG's...

Would it be so far-fetched to have 1-2 Ret paladins as healer Body guards? I know we cant really peel, but we can counter silences/interrupts and off-heal (better in 5.2). we can make a healers life easier by healing them while they are healing the other DPS.

I know im just spit-balling and more than likely this will be shot down, but hey! I'm trying.
    It simply wouldn't work. Assuming both Rets had 5 Holy Power and a 3 stacked selfless healer up, they'd be able to put out roughly 150k healing each (max).. Which in an RBG really isn't that much. A Spriest or Warlock who fears 3-4 DPS will stop far more than 150k damage being dealt.

And as soon as you stopped healer-defending and went for a kill, you wouldn't be much help at all. Rets are easy to kill as soon as they over extend and do literally no spread or splash damage.