Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    5.2 is coming out tomorrow? And here I thought that this was PTR, where everything was subject to change on a daily basis.

This is coming from a 25% "The Sky is Falling" Bladeflurry "nerf", which actually resulted in a BUFF for the skill.
    You're obviously not a rogue. Even at 40% and 4 targets, its still a nerf. There's only a couple fight with the right number of targets for the new blade flurry to be effective, whereas there is a lot of bosses where cleaving is useful. Not to mention that the range of blade flurry is pitiful, and won't be hitting everything unless the targets are nearly stacked.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-01-16 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You're obviously not a rogue. Even at 40% and 4 targets, its still a nerf. There's only a couple fight with the right number of targets for blade flurry to be effective, whereas there is a lot of bosses where cleaving is useful. Not to mention that the range of blade flurry is pitiful, and won't be hitting everything unless the targets are nearly stacked.
    He's talking about Smoke Bomb, mate...

He's talking about Smoke Bomb, mate...
    Woops quoted wrong person. Fixed that now.

Perhaps you do not play a rogue and shouldn't comment on rogue abilities? I don't have a mage, so I wouldn't be a good person to talk about mage nerfs and buffs.

If you do play a rogue, though, you should know how to (very) effectively use Smoke Bomb in PVP, and PVE as well. This is a fantastic buff to a glyphed Smoke Bomb for PVPers.
    in pve it's near useless, its 1 of 16 bossfights where it actually has a use, count a 8 yard raid cd, against a 40 yard one, i never have commented on mages, and i've played a rogue since vanilla, its very easy to see band aid fixes, or changes that only feels like they didnt complete it, its a reason rogues are the class that is still stuck in vanilla and have dropped over 2% in player base. but it's better than nothing, it's still under par with what other classes got, kinda like most of our abilities, just that others have better ones.

Woops quoted wrong person. Fixed that now.
    Well, you quoted me. This is awkward.

It's pretty clear the direction they wanted combat to go. They did not want Combat to be a "Use this only on 2 Add fights". So they stripped the low target cleave ability of it, and granted it a buffed multi (3-4) target cleave.

They're buffing Combats damage to be close to Assassination's single target, and they buffed Combat's cleave to be close to Assassination's FOK spam. You now have a true choice to play whatever you want. Not Assassination for 1 target fights, Combat for 2 target fights, and Assassination for 3+ target fights.

Now you get the liberty to play Assassination OR combat for 1-4 target fights, and Assassination for 5+ target fights. Feels pretty reasonable to me.

Sorry, the sky is not falling for combat rogues, and no offense, but to overlook the other combat buffs to make some kind of suggestion/point on BF being "nerfed" is stupid.

I don't think I'm the one that doesn't play a rogue, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Thought He Was Supposed to Be Hard? --- well that made me laugh

Also it seems that Secrets of the Empire is gona be a raid drop from bosses and if i read the quest right you also need too bring 40 trilium bars for it.

Also good thing they changed BS--- it will make it much more cheaper and i can farm the mats of farm if i am too lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    in pve it's near useless, its 1 of 16 bossfights where it actually has a use, count a 8 yard raid cd, against a 40 yard one, i never have commented on mages, and i've played a rogue since vanilla, its very easy to see band aid fixes, or changes that only feels like they didnt complete it, its a reason rogues are the class that is still stuck in vanilla and have dropped over 2% in player base. but it's better than nothing, it's still under par with what other classes got, kinda like most of our abilities, just that others have better ones.
    It's a damn good thing that the change to smokebomb is related to it's PVP usage. Sometimes it has uses in PVE. You don't see any other classes complaining about their PVP abilities being useless in PVE.

Smokebomb is can now be used defensively in Arenas, instead of nearly being 100% restricted to offensive use / shutting down a healer. Now in addition to Bombing your own healer to save them from a ranged, you can at least negate some damage from the annoying warrior sitting inside your smoke bomb.

And in terms of PVE, yeah, you can effectively use Bomb on Garajal, but this is certainly not the "only" fight it can have a use in. Think outside the box.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-01-16 at 11:52 PM.

You're obviously not a rogue. Even at 40% and 4 targets, its still a nerf. There's only a couple fight with the right number of targets for the new blade flurry to be effective, whereas there is a lot of bosses where cleaving is useful. Not to mention that the range of blade flurry is pitiful, and won't be hitting everything unless the targets are nearly stacked.
    Well the whole point was to nerf the cleave. Combat rouges were far and wide the absolute best for 2 targets by a long shot. No class should be that far ahead for any sort of niche (atleast one as common as a 2 target cleave fight). And Blade Flurry really does not have that small of a range.... as long as the targets are all within your melee range they will be hit. I've hit targets rather far away from each other (tentacle trash on Zon'ozz in DS) by stand in between the two of them at max melee range, one directly in front of me the other directly behind me, hitting both of them still.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:51 PM ----------

It's a damn good thing that the change to smokebomb is related to it's PVP usage. Sometimes it has uses in PVE. You don't see any other classes complaining about their PVP abilities being useless in PVE.

Smokebomb is can now be used defensively in Arenas, instead of nearly being 100% restricted to offensive use / shutting down a healer. Now in addition to Bombing your own healer to save them from a ranged, you can at least negate some damage from the annoying warrior sitting inside your smoke bomb.

And in terms of PVE, yeah, you can effectively use Bomb on Garajal, but this is certainly not the "only" fight it can have a use in. Think outside the box.
    I really do like this change, I'm pretty sure though it was an almost pure PvE standpoint change, since there was quite often very little use for it. Only boss I can think of would be the icelance chick (can't remember her name) in DS. This will finally bring rogues some raid utility! Now that rogues aren't OP in PvP anymore, they can change it without to much whining :P It certainly does help in PvP, but smoke bomb could always be used defensively before, just not against melee really. Dropping it while getting bursted by a caster team and your healer is in a CC was pretty nice. I've used it a few times against melee to prevent charge/shadowstep/deathgrip and the like, but it was very rare.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Only boss I can think of would be the icelance chick (can't remember her name) in DS.
    It was good on Hagara, you're right. It's also very good currently for Gara'jal.

We never needed it's usage on normal mode, but when we progressed to Heroic Gara'jal, if you glyph into Smoke Bomb to extend it's duration, you get 7 seconds of no one in the raid taking damage from the shadow bolts.

Dark Intent change is nice, now I can buff stamina without having to change my pet (or retalent if I'm using sacrifice).

The tooltip fix for Fel Armor is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Druid buffs, disc priests nerfs should help balance out the edges of healing rankings. However Spirit shell untouched still seems a bit strong but i guess we will wait and see how it plays out
    Prayer of healing being nerfed (out of Divine Aegis) takes care of the biggest problem with Spirit Shell. You aren´t double-dipping with PoH anymore. That is what really made SS OP.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2013-01-17 at 12:22 AM.

Disc priests was too strong but I think it's very likely this is a huge over-nerf on them. Also hurt Disc in PvP where they are considered by fare the weakest healer. Oh well. PTR is PTR. Hopefully we'll see some more balanced changes and fine tuning before live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    Disc priests was too strong but I think it's very likely this is a huge over-nerf on them. Also hurt Disc in PvP where they are considered by fare the weakest healer. Oh well. PTR is PTR. Hopefully we'll see some more balanced changes and fine tuning before live.
    No these changes are actual buffs for disc pvp. Disc never uses prayer of healing in Pvp. And by halving PW:S cost, it will greatly help with mana, because you in pvp situations couldn't care to much about rapture because people wont wait to do damage when your rapture is ready.

Deleted
    Well, seems like the titan data mined from previously will indeed be a big part of the Ra-Den fight considering he is the achievment icon for "I Thought He Was Supposed to Be Hard?". Cant wait to get more information about how he relates to the whole Throne of Thunder complex.

Still no fix for Fist weapon transmogging? Meh. borrrrrrrrrringggggggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    I've Got 9999 Problems but a Bone-White Primal Raptor Isn't One (New) Obtain the reins of the Bone-White Primal Raptor from Ku'ma, the Bone Collector. Account Wide.

oh jesus it wasn't a placeholder

Gave Paladins the worst MoP talent in blinding light and then they nerf it. Cool beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Prayer of healing being nerfed (out of Divine Aegis) takes care of the biggest problem with Spirit Shell. You aren´t double-dipping with PoH anymore. That is what really made SS OP.
    lol no that is not what made spirt shell so OP. Mastery stacking with spirit shell was the large problem. Made spirt shell unreal good.
    Spirt shell was (OP) because players were smart enough to use it before raid damage. Then other healers cry. WAH we have nothing to heal and our meters suck. Thats directly blizzards fault with the design...

Please make the dino bones stack to more than 500 this build D: I have a whopping 8 slots free!