Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    I believe you could "dodge" the damage from rhyoliths stomp if you timed the jump right and your ping didnt hate you.
    You couldn't, though people insisted that you could. Probably mostly because he looked like the Stonecore trash mobs that it did work against. That, and someone at some point presumably tried jumping and got a lucky resist, then started a rumor about it "working".
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    This... welcome the Lag Boss 2.0.... dungeon jumping bosses should have been prove enough that this is a horrible idea especially if 25man would be alive anymore....
    Horrible latency generally already introduces big delays between casts, destroying DPS, so why bother being a deadweight and raiding with such a lag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Horrible latency generally already introduces big delays between casts, destroying DPS, so why bother being a deadweight and raiding with such a lag?
    The average Aussie plays at 300ms and there isn't much they an do about it. I play at 170ms which you can not physically get any lower because our servers are in the US.
    Aye mate

Sounds great, sucks for people with bad internet though. However, not a first as some have pointed out, trash in Stonecore and Yan-zhu both have such a mechanic, first for raid sure, but not more than that.

Deleted
    People in competitive raiding with high latency should have their internet connection fixed, one way or the other.
    Just saying.

EDIT: To our Aussie friends: Sucks to be you guys/girls, I guess.
    But you have bigger issues to worry about than one raid boss' mechanic.

Deleted
    Hmmm. Surely there are high end guilds from Oceania? Players? Or..?

A lot of people here are complaining about people with bad Ping / Lag. I agree it will be a pain, but personally I'd rather see more interesting boss fights, then those tailored to people with a poor connection.

Personally, I am glad. Using Mogu'shan Vaults as an example, there is little to do in the form of movement. On almost every boss I can position myself just right, and i'll rarely need to move. Maybe a roll or two, but that is it. I'd love to see Blizzard take boss fights more to a co-ordination, group effort then a simple Tank & Spank.

Having the boss in the right place, the Damage Dealers watching their positioning for traps, or other harmful effects and other such mechanics would make raiding much more enjoyable, then a rotation check.

Just like with oceanic, if your ping is consistent there's no reason for you to fail after a couple learn attempts to get the time right.

It's people with truly bad inconsistent internet (who shouldn't raid in the first place unless their group is happy with dragging them) who will struggle, of which I imagine there are few these days.

Being from X location with consistently 500+ or whatever latency does not make an excuse for you to fail this mechanic after a couple weeks. At first, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better learn to jump rope

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Never WORK OUT is the golden expression... It's not new and don't have a history of success. BAD, BAD call from Blizzard.
    OH BOY I SURE LOVE THEM SPLIT SECOND INTERRUPT OR WIPE MECHANICS IN CATA

Man, Dat halfus shout after a blink interrupt, maloriak's thunderbolt ticking for 100k every .5 seconds and the GONG boss who needs a proper click or else he ticks 2-3x for insane damage due to americans interrupting in .02 seconds compared to .3-.5 seconds.

90 dailies a week.
    My pvp gear is 476 vs 491.
    Now I have to make sure my 24 other oceanic brothers have to overcome an insanely biased 1-shot skill that happens multiple times.

Yeah I'm keeping my money until 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    OH BOY I SURE LOVE THEM SPLIT SECOND INTERRUPT OR WIPE MECHANICS IN CATA

Man, Dat halfus shout after a blink interrupt, maloriak's thunderbolt ticking for 100k every .5 seconds and the GONG boss who needs a proper click or else he ticks 2-3x for insane damage due to americans interrupting in .02 seconds compared to .3-.5 seconds.

90 dailies a week.
    My pvp gear is 476 vs 491.
    Now I have to make sure my 24 other oceanic brothers have to overcome an insanely biased 1-shot skill that happens multiple times.

Yeah I'm keeping my money until 5.4
    gong is the only one you have an argument with here, and it doesn't apply to this boss either.

I don't think latency will be an issue, it's not like having a high latency suddenly makes you slow at everything. I play on an oceanic ping (200-250) and I rarely fail mechanics. People learn to adjust to latency and people who blame international latency for failing mechanics are just bad.