Legendaries of the past: Re-Activated (Post 5.2)

I love weapons with a long a bloody past around them. For lore's sake the game really needs more of them. I hope they come up with something brand new but in case they don’t her’s my idea.
    It got me to thinking, what if the Old Legendary Weapons that we loved and pined for in previous expansions were given a fresh does of Titanic Power which could make them a match for the upcoming battle with the Legion (or worse) ? .

A simple set of Sockets and Wrathion gems could replace the meager stats given at the time they were earned. A Set of quests could empower you mastery/haste/crit from learning to wield it like their former masters did in raid combat. The final quest could be to reignite the spark of their special ability and bring that up to par with current raid tier.

Examples:
    Twin Blades of Azzinoth
    Golad, Twilight of Aspects \ Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages
    Shadowmourne
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    Andonisus, Reaper of Souls
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

This isn’t a request to give everyone a Shadowmourne. It is just an idea that would take Shadowmourne off the shelf one last time if we had to go “All or Nothing” War with the Legion at its best. Why Transmog when you can infuse the real thing with competitive POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I love weapons with a long a bloody past around them. For lore's sake the game really needs more of them. I hope they come up with something brand new but in case they don’t her’s my idea.
    It got me to thinking, what if the Old Legendary Weapons that we loved and pined for in previous expansions were given a fresh does of Titanic Power which could make them a match for the upcoming battle with the Legion (or worse) ? .

A simple set of Sockets and Wrathion gems could replace the meager stats given at the time they were earned. A Set of quests could empower you mastery/haste/crit from learning to wield it like their former masters did in raid combat. The final quest could be to reignite the spark of their special ability and bring that up to par with current raid tier.

Examples:
    Twin Blades of Azzinoth
    Golad, Twilight of Aspects \ Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages
    Shadowmourne
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    Andonisus, Reaper of Souls
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

This isn’t a request to give everyone a Shadowmourne. It is just an idea that would take Shadowmourne off the shelf one last time if we had to go “All or Nothing” War with the Legion at its best. Why Transmog when you can infuse the real thing with competitive POWER.
    I think this is a great idea, but there will be QQ.

Oh the amount of QQ.

It would be nice but then you run into the issue of people running older content in order to get what will most likely be BiS, and I dunno about that /shrug

they should just make legendaries transmogable, but with an absurd cost like 25k per mogging. so they'd still be rare and legendary, and only those who are more attached to them would use them.

it would be annoying if all sword users had a massive thunderfury in hands lol

EDIT: or worse: 2 massive thunderfuries
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.