Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jumping Mechanic finally added to a raid boss

Not like Thaddeus or any fight involving jumping from Platforms.

I mean..well..

Lightning Whip Lei Shen cracks a Lightning Whip across the floor, inflicting 250,000 750,000 Nature damage to enemies within 80 yards infront of him, leaving a lightning bolt behind on the ground. that can be avoided by jumping over it. 500 yd range. 4 sec cast.

What're your thoughts on the ability? It actually sounds like a nifty new mechanic for boss fights!

I like how it worked in Brawler's Arena on Disruptron, but I'm curious as to your input.

Discuss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    That looks interesting.

Sounds horrible for people with a highish ping.

so we'll be fighting the latency boss? those never really work out well

I guess the title was supposed to be "added to a raid boss?" But idk why you then mention brawlers guild if that was the case though.

Anyway.. "a boss" already has a mechanic that requires jumping. The last boss in stormstout brewery. You can jump over the brew waves to avoid the stun.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    I guess the title was suposed to be "added to a raid boss?" But idk why you then mention brawlers guild if that was the case though.

Anyway.. "a boss" already has a mechanic that requires jumping. The last boss in storm stout brewery. You can jump over the brew waves to avoid the stun.
    Yeah, my bad.

If a mod can add in "to a raid boss" that'd be awesome.

And a Heroic Boss, like Brawler's Guild, is kinda meh with the mechanic imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jumping mechanics of this nature can be annoying with latency issues and server/client character locations not agreeing with each other. Can't say I'm looking forward to that boss!

I believe you could "dodge" the damage from rhyoliths stomp if you timed the jump right and your ping didnt hate you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadin View Post
    Raiding is horrible for people in highish ping. Doable on some easier fights sure, but no less horrible an experience.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    The laser firing, orb dodging mechanical gnome boss of Rank 8 Brawler's Guild (Disruptron?) has far more jumping in it, and ping's never been why I died there. Forgiving mechanic is forgiving tbh

Oh wow! We have wind blowing us and now jumping, I wonder what else they can rip off from 80s and 90s platformers. Perhaps we will see slippery ice next.

On a serious note as others have said this can be a nightmare for people with bad latency and I would rather they did not add twitch based mechanics that one lag spike can cause the player fail.

Wasnt this in a boss in the Bewery aswell or did EVERYONE just ignore that and not bother jumping? (when they weren't busy ignoring the healers)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Could be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    I believe you could "dodge" the damage from rhyoliths stomp if you timed the jump right and your ping didnt hate you.
    Common myth, but not true.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    might sort out the baddies. Heigan did that and it was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadin View Post
    This... welcome the Lag Boss 2.0.... dungeon jumping bosses should have been prove enough that this is a horrible idea especially if 25man would be alive anymore....

You can't blame latency in the Brewery boss fight (and also the exalted Golden Lotus quest) but in those fights there's a mechanic where you jump really high.

I bet it's more painful if it's more like the last boss in Vortex Pinnacle, where you only have your normal jump to avoid the root.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    This... welcome the Lag Boss 2.0.... dungeon jumping bosses should have been prove enough that this is a horrible idea especially if 25man would be alive anymore....
    I'm in a 25 man Heroic guild?

Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Common myth, but not true.
    That makes me smile. My Alliance guild was convinced that if you jumped during a stomp with Morchok and Kohcrom you'd take less damage. Was hilarious to watch them trying to jump it. They simply would not believe it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    That makes me smile. My Alliance guild was convinced that if you jumped during a stomp with Morchok and Kohcrom you'd take less damage. Was hilarious to watch them trying to jump it. They simply would not believe it wasn't true.
    This is because it was true for the trash mobs in Stonecore with similar models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    This is because it was true for the trash mobs in Stonecore with similar models.
    Not for Ozruk though, but Assad in Vortex Pinnacle had an ability too that could be negated by jumping.