Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I am a mace smither on my DK , can i smith the sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    I am a mace smither on my DK , can i smith the sword?
    from what i can understand, you have a "chance" to learn the pattern when you make the lightning steel ingots....not one you already know...but a new one.

the cost of those mats though...i really wonder if they are just making this bop because of the high cost. they could be BOE...but i would charge over 100k for one of the weapons based on the pain in the ass getting all the motes of harmony.

i think it may be time to start pulling mobs and farming for motes....because i'm going to need plenty...unless motes become boa...which makes things a little easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing this. I had wanted the Lionheart Executioner for my pally set, but the specialization had been removed by the time I leveled Blacksmithing.

Sure is expensive though...

Deleted
    Very happy to see these weapons return.
    Will they differ visually in any way from the originals?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmeplenty View Post
    Very happy to see these weapons return.
    Will they differ visually in any way from the originals?
    No one knows yet...I would expect them to be cleaned up a bit..textures and whatnot. Too bad my warrior isnt a blacksmith...dual weild drakefist hammers...hot stuff.

I'm wondering if the names will be changed as well. For example it currently says names like Lionheart Executioner, Reborn and BlazeFury, Reborn etc. Does that mean those are what the actual weapon names are going to be? I think it would at least be a good way to differentiate between the original weapons. Look wise it would be cool if it was slightly changed, like the revamped Zul Gurub mounts etc. Just wondered. But I guess it's impossible to know for sure as we don't have enough info yet.

I wouldn't name it as "return" of TBC BS specialization Weapons.

Return of them would mean return of actual weapons with exact IDs, names, mat-costs, skill level required, etc. These new weapons have new IDs, new names, MoP mats and MoP level of blacksmithing. Nothing what lv70 were using and could use now.

Great news, dumb me picked up Armoursmithing back in TBC ... don't ask. Any news about them being of more use than just for transmogging?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I wouldn't name it as "return" of TBC BS specialization Weapons.

Return of them would mean return of actual weapons with exact IDs, names, mat-costs, skill level required, etc. These new weapons have new IDs, new names, MoP mats and MoP level of blacksmithing. Nothing what lv70 were using and could use now.
    I guess all that remains is if Blizzard will change the colors at all. I'd think not, but you never know.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I guess all that remains is if Blizzard will change the colors at all. I'd think not, but you never know.
    It'd be nice if Stormherald was prettied up a bit.

I hope that with such high cost and the source of them being Lighting Forge, they will have upgraded textures/models. Like Vanilla weapons got upgraded textures for lvl 80 Onyxia loot.

Deleted
    Any clarification will these be tmog only or actually viable items for raiding? If the latter, im changing my professions instantly because extra sockets already bring you the edge in pvp play and adding clear but grindy bonus for PVE is too good to be missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might have to start saving spirits of harmony now. I understand that we won't be able to make those weapons fast with the cd on lightning steel ingots but knowing my incredibly sad sad sad speed of spirit of harmony farming, I better start now, else I won't be able to keep up with the weapon making.

Hopefully they'll make these actually worth using

hopefully the new farm upgrades will allow for 2 or more spirits of harmony collected per day.. this is gonna get pricy.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since a lot of people just want them for xmog, seems kind of weak that they couldn't just reimpliment the old BC recipes properly and removed the BoP nature of the items.

Farming outdated mats that don't matter much anymore is one thing. But are they expecting someone to farm up hard to get/expensive mats that could be used for actual current content shit and use them on replicas just for xmog?

Or are they at least going to make items worth using as a 90 for the mats involved?

Deleted
    Yay I can finally delete an old level 70 warrior (stupid Draenei) that I only kept because he has Bloodmoon and Stunherald and can get them on my main \o/.
    As for the mats needed, not sure what people are complaining about, what are you spending your current spirits on? I've been stockpilling all of them for a future patch, got like 10 stacks already, same with living steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon my french, but that is absolutely fucking ridiculous. So those who still have the pattern, because they were lucky enough to learn it back then, get to use oldworld mats that are fairly easy to come by (or were the patterns removed from Blacksmiths who had it?)...but the rest of us get to spend HOURS farming spirits of harmony, ingots, etc for the same thing? Fuck you blizzard, seriously, fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Pardon my french, but that is absolutely fucking ridiculous. So those who still have the pattern, because they were lucky enough to learn it back then, get to use oldworld mats that are fairly easy to come by (or were the patterns removed from Blacksmiths who had it?)...but the rest of us get to spend HOURS farming spirits of harmony, ingots, etc for the same thing? Fuck you blizzard, seriously, fuck you.
    You do realize that back in the day the mats for the old specialized weapons were a massive grind as well right? The new "reborn" weapons are reflecting that same grind, but just with up to date mats needed.