Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    Well ppl just was focused to much on blood fear nerf. It seems like Locks PvP starts and ends on Blood Fear. If it was like that - it was the only way to nerf it badly. But cos of that they really didnt saw that they've got really nice boost - mayby not enought to top pvp - but lock pvp position should be better than before it.
    What boost would that be?

2-3% damage nerf to aff and destro
    Losing blanket silence
    Losing blood fear (justified, but still a nerf)

Gain 10% damage reduction.

More importantly, rogues are being buffed, which is a gigantic indirect nerf to warlocks.

I'm not complaining as I really don't care, but "nice boost" is pretty wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    What boost would that be?

2-3% damage nerf to aff and destro
    Losing blanket silence
    Losing blood fear (justified, but still a nerf)

Gain 10% damage reduction.

More importantly, rogues are being buffed, which is a gigantic indirect nerf to warlocks.

I'm not complaining as I really don't care, but "nice boost" is pretty wrong.

2-3% dmg nerf will get PvE affli, PvP will get less. Also you just CANT write this dmg nerf as one point and losing blanket silence as another one. You just CANT have 2 at same time.

What you will gain:
    - 10% dmg reduction - 10% !!!
    - 10% more HP
    - DMG boost for UA - really nice one, not only 15% more dmg when dispelled but also 25% faster casting
    - burning rush small buff
    - more healing from ember trap
    and don't forget 10% stamina buff from dark intent
    Also baseline max of 4 soulshards

Yes i would call it nice boost.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2013-01-20 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    2-3% dmg nerf will get PvE affli, PvP will get less. Also you just CANT write this dmg nerf as one point and losing blanket silence as another one. You just CANT have 2 at same time.

What you will gain:
    - 10% more HP
    - DMG boost for UA - really nice one, not only 15% more dmg when dispelled but also 25% faster casting
    and don't forget 10% stamina buff from dark intent
    Also baseline max of 4 soulshards

Nice to see the thread turn into a decent discussion even with my bad OP, minus a few posts by others, which was predictable.

But, do you guys really think that this will last long before you see a nerf to it? When the usual "Locks are OP" tears start rolling in blizz will be there to quickly grant their(other classes) wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by cauzt1cz View Post
    But, do you guys really think that this will last long before you see a nerf to it? When the usual "Locks are OP" tears start rolling in blizz will be there to quickly grant their(other classes) wishes.
    What's the point of worrying about future problems? Enjoy the good while it's around.

Why do so many hysterical kiddies come screaming into forums accusing Blizz of some major crime against their class when generally they are talking through their nappies?

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-22 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Hmm? In Cataclysm days I'd have agreed with you but...
    So, being shat on means offering an easily obtainable BiS trinket which would give us a superior amount of mastery that goes hand in hand with the top spec of the tier Demo? Or were you referring to the pve dps balance? In that case affliction was completely fine in Cata, can't say the same for destruction that spec has been underplayed since forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cauzt1cz View Post
    Now I'm sure this is a common theme with all classes in the forums. But, after a 3 month break I find demo barely better than destruction. Affliction(by far one of the most boring specs in the game imo) tops... I don't expect warlocks to get a red carpet treatment and be over powered but, I feel the class gets shat on all the time. Some balance in pve dps would be fantastic. Mages shouldn't be all powerful and blizz needs to stop humping the mage's legs and salivating all over them. I guess I'll be going back to my cave until the next xpac... [/rant]. Flame on.
    Shaman say hi, I mean honestly warlocks have never been "shat on all the time" :P
    Warlocks are not underpowered, your either bad (rusty after 3 months) or your gear isn't at the sweet spot.

Deleted
    The only thing I still dislike is a 1.5sec cast time of fear (this with 10%haste). When mind numbed or coe etc it will be a freaking 1.875 sec cast. How the hell would one be able to fear occasionally when every mother can interupt nowadays. I see shaman's just focus wind sheering me while I fakecasted two melee interupts. Its not enjoyable to do so much effort for such little return. Fear is the most countered cc in the game.

Deleted
    You mean the class that got the most changes and improvements of gameplay with MoP ? The class that top the meters by a mile ? Or may be the class who got his own island - quest chain in 5.2 ?

The class who got the most love from blizz imo, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    You mean the class that got the most changes and improvements of gameplay with MoP ? The class that top the meters by a mile ? Or may be the class who got his own island - quest chain in 5.2 ?

1.) Getting a lot of changes doesn't mean you're automatically amazing. The argument of people not liking the current direction of the class is not the same argument of people saying we aren't getting enough attention (Mainly because nobody is saying this). I'm not sure what people don't understand about this point. I absolutely hate the changes they made in MoP, and don't consider them improvements in the slightest. Certain portions of certain specs might be better, but overall it feels as if we went from a class with specs that took a bit of skill to use properly to a class that was pretty facerollably easy. As someone who plays Destruction, I'd rather they take all the changes back and let me play as the Destruction build in Cataclysm.

2.) Affliction is good. In PvE? All sims and aggregate raiding numbers show Demo average and Destruction below that. Nobody is saying Affliction is doing bad. And if they are, they are wrong and stupid. Warlocks are more than Affliction. Believe it or not, people play Demo and Destruction.

3.) Yeah, and Rogues got an entire quest chain in 4.3. Cry me a river. Our reward is a ring and green fire. They got increasingly better incarnations of a weapon building up to a legendary.

In terms of PvP? We're being wrecked by the blood fear change. Their only compensation thusfar that I can count is the change from armor to 10% damage reduction in Fel Armor. The replacement for Blood Fear is laughable at best. Hell, I'd assume the reason they made Burning Rush a bit better is because they know nobody will take the new Blood Fear and wanted to avoid EVERYONE en masse from simply taking Unbound Will. If you wanted an opinion on how we can keep the new Blood Fear and not break Warlocks? Don't force us to choose between HoT, Coil, or Shadowfury. They took something that many Warlocks used all three of and forced us into one with no real good replacement.

For those talking about 4 baseline embers/soul shards, I hope you realize that the things people are going to put in their place aren't exactly game breaking or even hardly an improvement. For destruction, great. I won't have to swap my fear and HS glyph every fight in a raid. The healing ember glyph is incredibly average, and isn't even very useful in PvE anyway. Not when so many fights are about doing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible.

For people yelling about how amazing the new UA glyph is, please read this:

The new Glyph of Unstable Affliction reduces the cast time, but does not affect the GCD. Thus, it is not a DPS gain in a purely Patchwerk situation, but makes it harder to be interrupted, and allows you to start moving again slightly faster.
    And finally, the change to Dark Intent is basically a quality of life change. They realized that nobody uses their imp ever, and thought it was stupid that we had to suffer an even greater dps loss by having it out just for the Stamina buff.

Are we being "hated" on? I don't think so. It seems more likely that in their effort to streamline Warlocks, they broke a lot of things without realizing they were going to break them with the changes at the time.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-01-21 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP trolling us?

I find locks pretty overpowered atm and very fun in MoP.

Deleted
    I actually rerolled warlock a month ago. Got sick and tired of my spriest (after 4 yrs..). One of the best decisions i ever made in this game.

Deleted
    What you will gain:

true. It's a buff but in reality is just a small step to reverting the passive tankiness and self-healing warlocks lost with this expansion which is one of the reasons the class is in the worst state it has ever been in. Also losing the armor on it, so it's only about a 7% buff for the damage that really counts, from melee classes. Warlocks take too much unavoidable physical damage right now. More than 7% too much. Nerf to pet survivability as well.

- 10% more HP
    false
    I dont even know where you get that from.

a buff but a long overdue one and probably still not enough.

Finally all talents in the tier are about equally horrible.Yay! (I like unbound will though I have to admit, even now if blood fear wasnt so superior)
    destro will be even less viable in 5.2 than it is now with even more melee cleaves abolishing locks from arena.

[B][COLOR="#4B0082"]and don't forget 10% stamina buff from dark intent

Very nice. So your enemies can enjoy removing two buffs at once with one dispel from you. Very nice :-D

The buffs seem nice now. But melee cleaves will be more dominant and numerous than ever with massive monk, rogue and DK buffs.

So while some good things do indeed happen to warlocks, 5.2 will be a real nightmare for the class regardless because all the buffs are easily offset by warlock counter classes getting buffed or avoiding nerfs.
    The loss of blood fear alone is already eating up a lot of buffs.
    Warlocks are not very well represented in PvP right now ("but chaos bolt in RBGs is so nice!!!") and many players keep complaining and lobbying for buffs. I say save your energy and enjoy what you have right now, 5.2. will be a rude awakening.

this thread is about pve though and affliction is in a very good place right now. demo and destro have been getting shat on since the game went live so I dont see how that would warrant a thread :-P
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2013-01-21 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    false
    stamina for DI

In terms of PvP? We're being wrecked by the blood fear change
    This sentence is the best argument that could be maded that blood fear needed this change.

Blizzard gives locks brand new quest chain. Obviously they hate you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    ^ This. It is a HUGE defensive buff. I don't think people realize just how much. I was shocked when I saw the patch note, to be honest. I don't think anyone expected it.
    same. people will understand when 5.2 hits though.. that is a fantastic defensive buff.

also we get 4 shards / embers baseline.. and a new glyph "New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%." .. that is so good its stupid and will probably eat a nerf :[. locks will be horrible kill targets in 5.2 and we should be. losing lock out / blanket for sac'd pets sucks tho :[

on the bright side of that - {{Sacrificial Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate, down from 50%.}} with observer because that pet should be the go to pet in 5.2 just for the lock out / silence...could be good BUT atm imo we still need the 45% dmg buff (was 50%.. not a big hit for aff) to make us relevant. it's getting close!

far from hated on, relax <3

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post

Oh so that pertains to the current status of warlock DPS between specs? Good for you and a completely irrelevant post to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Why do so many hysterical kiddies come screaming into forums accusing Blizz of some major crime against their class when generally they are talking through their nappies?
    As you're screaming up to your mother from her basement for more snacks and soda. Why do idiots like you come into threads and post ridiculous statements. Mommy didn't give you enough attention today?

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    What you will gain:

true. It's a buff but in reality is just a small step to reverting the passive tankiness and self-healing warlocks lost with this expansion which is one of the reasons the class is in the worst state it has ever been in. Also losing the armor on it, so it's only about a 7% buff for the damage that really counts, from melee classes. Warlocks take too much unavoidable physical damage right now. More than 7% too much. Nerf to pet survivability as well.

false

a buff but a long overdue one and probably still not enough.

Finally all talents in the tier are about equally horrible.Yay! (I like unbound will though I have to admit, even now if blood fear wasnt so superior)

destro will be even less viable in 5.2 than it is now with even more melee cleaves abolishing locks from arena.

The buffs seem nice now. But melee cleaves will be more dominant and numerous than ever with massive monk, rogue and DK buffs.

So while some good things do indeed happen to warlocks, 5.2 will be a real nightmare for the class regardless because all the buffs are easily offset by warlock counter classes getting buffed or avoiding nerfs.
    The loss of blood fear alone is already eating up a lot of buffs.
    Warlocks are not very well represented in PvP right now ("but chaos bolt in RBGs is so nice!!!") and many players keep complaining and lobbying for buffs. I say save your energy and enjoy what you have right now, 5.2. will be a rude awakening.

this thread is about pve though and affliction is in a very good place right now. demo and destro have been getting shat on since the game went live so I dont see how that would warrant a thread :-P
    This thread welcomes discussion on PVP also as I'm not strictly a PVE player. Very good points on everything and I completely agree with you. Glad you're one of the few posters that can actually read on here.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-21 at 09:12 PM.

PVE balance "seems" fine in theory. The danger, however, becomes if a new raid tier comes out and all of the fights are bad for affliction. Remember in Wrath when warlocks were basically #1 for every fight in Naxxramas? Then what happened? Ulduar came out and warlocks went off a fucking cliff. If that happens, Blizz will either have a massive problem on their hands because changes to demo and destro will have PVP ramifications or just let locks sit.

I also did not like that Blue response: Mages would disagree. Who gives a fuck what mages think? Please do not insult what little intelligence I have.

For the record, I don't think warlocks are being hated on, but I have to wonder, when mages are clearly the most bullshit class right now, why all the attention is on warlocks. Maybe the question should be, why does the community keep hating on warlocks?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Because they are evil beings who toy with dangerous demonic magic

You know, you could give someone the potion of eternal life, served by a golden unicorn wearing a full gold armor, some people will just complain that they can't choose the color of the unicorn.

In PvE warlocks are fine, some destro lock's blast the meters (Zumzum says Hi), affli is fun to play, demono has it's use (I personnaly don't like it but... Hey, different folks blablabla)

In 5.2 we are getting some changes, some nerfs, some balance, everything's not perfect (how long have we waited for that KJC change ?) but I see no reason to complain like many people here.

In Pvp, skill matters. And I suck at it. Badly. But I agree that blood fear needed a nerf. Warlock will have to adapt but hey, it's changement. Everything change someday and it will be fine...

I have never been so happy with my warlock than during BC time, when we could destroy everything by just spamming SB. And it was considered normal...
    Last edited by Shauni; 2013-01-23 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added conclusion