Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    Yes it is, Mouseover macros are one of the most useful things to a healer, unless I've misunderstood you completely.
    Huh? I've never used mouseover macros... it's not that much of a speed gain compared to just targeting anyway, so how is it the most useful thing ever?

I heal with grid' which I keep nice and compact. I just target the person I want to heal and use my keyboard/mouse to heal...

Earth shield doesn't need to go on tank 100% of the time. In heavy raid damage times putting earth shield and riptide on hunter with glyph of animal bond or a cat druid with glyph of cat form will boost the initial heal and subsequent heals from chain heal by a decent amount. Its situational and should only be used if chain heal will hit the max number of targets, but its worth using in between healing rain cooldown.

Spirit link totem was one of the most confusing things for me when i first started healing on shaman. I always just used it for the damage reduction and never really took advantage of the healing part of it. Make sure you heal yourself while affected by it (cuz it gets dropped on your body) or someone else affected by the buff(again can use cat or hunter for more healing). Seems like a no brainer, but if quite a few people are stacked up during heavy raid dmg the healing from link is huge if you make good use of healing people inside of it.

Thanks for the tips so far, I ran the first half of MV last night and didn't get yelled at for sucking so that was good.
    I think I need to work on my Cleanse/Purge usage (still never quite sure when they're applicable), and I think I'll drop a spell or two in LFR until I get better as I'm still not sure about optimal healing. That said, I only forgot to use unleash weapon once or twice before a healing rain!

Next up: getting weakauras and maybe Vuhdo going (did it last night with the standard raid frames)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I commented, but didn't give my opinion on a tip i wish someone had told me starting out.

Mine would be get Vuhdo or Healbot. Click casting is simply faster. People whine and cry and say it's fine with the default UI, but it's really not. (Target Mouseover macro's work SEMI-the same)

In order to heal with the stock UI/Frames, you have to click on that frame.. and push 1 (or whatever). In order for you to heal with Vuhdo/HB/mouseover... it's one action.
    One action = Faster than 2.
    Another neat thing about these addons/macro's is you can have the boss target'd the whole time. You don't have to target anyone to heal them. I can target the boss from 100% to 0%. Purging and Interrupting like my class should.

Last thing.. get totemic projection. Being able to throw spirit link onto the tank/melee from across the room = Awesome.

Deleted
    Refreshing earth shield isn't really THAT important. It heals for ridiculous amounts (like 10 k?) and you only benefit from it when you cast a spell on the tank. So i would recommend refreshing it only when : 1.you're not mana starved 3.there is nothing more important to do rather than lose a gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    Refreshing earth shield isn't really THAT important. It heals for ridiculous amounts (like 10 k?) and you only benefit from it when you cast a spell on the tank. So i would recommend refreshing it only when : 1.you're not mana starved 3.there is nothing more important to do rather than lose a gcd
    Yeah I was thoroughly disappointed in ES this xpac. It's only useful for tank healing, that's it. I don't take its healing into consideration, I just think of it as a 10% healing buff icon I put on someone, but it's not worth the GCD to move around the raid...

Earth Shield : about 5% of your healing in 10m HC for the price of a GCD every 45-60 sec + 20% improved healing on the tank who needs it the most. Totally worth it. But no - dont move it around that much.