Limits of Human Enhancement

Hello people,
    This subject has become a genuine interest of mine, I have a seen a lot science enthusiasts here so figured I may as well ask about it.

What are the limits of human enhancement? As enhancement, I mean what we regulary see on sci-fi and wonder if it will ever be possible in distant future; like greatly enhanced senses, peak human strength, speed and stamina, quick cellular regeneration, extended lifespan, resistance to poison, hot/cold temperatures and disease, incredible reflexes etc.

I'm aware that there are solid biological obstacles blocking the path; but I don't really know if it's technically possible to overcome these obstacles in the future. In your opinion, is this just a part of the radical fiction family that will only live in movies and books, like time travel and pseudo science, or do you see an actual, scientifically debatable possibility here?

In addition, what I ask is not synthethic implants, but modifying the human physiology biologically.

If anyone with knowledge can comment on the subject, I would be grateful, thank you.

I'm not sure there is anyone with knowledge who can comment on the subject. In terms of the things you're talking about, we don't really even know yet what we don't know. If you asked 50 years ago they'd just say, "Impossible" and move on. We're making new discoveries so quickly now that it's almost foolish to call anything impossible - who knows what we're going to figure out tomorrow? Just about everything you mention is probably in the "Huh. That would be interesting. I wonder if it really is possible..." bucket.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

i hope it works some time lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanical augmentation is almost already here. A paralyzed woman moved a mechanical arm with her mind via implants in her brain. Improve on this technology and we can easily have an Adam Jensen running around in a few decades.

Biological augmentation is probably a lot further off. Using viruses to rewrite our genetic code or deliver certain proteins to where they are needed would probably be one way to accomplish this. But I don't know how far they've gotten along with stuff like that.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    You should check out the documentary "Transcendent man".
    I think most of your questions will be answered.