Cool What do you all think of social networking?

Do you think these days people spend more time on there droids or computers meeting people? hell i know when I was in college I had a lot of girls to mess around with. now that I'm grown it sucks. Well don't get me wrong I have a cute GF but I use to have a long string of them. Hell most people these days don't go out anymore when they get to that age! by the way! I'm 31! yeah yeah i'm old! deal with it!
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2013-01-17 at 01:34 AM.

I'm not really seeing what your supposed college experience with girls, have to do with social networking? Other than demonstrating a stereotypical showing-off behaviour that one might suppose occurs often on social networking sites.

Are you asking whether people use social networking sites to find dates more or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, your post doesn't have much to do with social networking.

As for getting older, there's still plenty of places you can go to meet other people. The places are just different than they were in college.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    lol what are you like 23-25? I mean honestly yeah they spend a lot of time on their phones but I still see them out all the time the only time I see a lot of the phone sit is like on the bus or walking between classes.

Not entirely sure what you are talking about as the post doesnt make much sense...

You mean that people are spending too much time on cellphones and droids instead of actually going out and meet people?
    If that is what you are saying, hmmm depends on the area, i hardly use social networks other than to talk with my gf and some friends.
    Also schools are prime spots for meeting people, specially other gender as for many its a new experience, there is excitment in the air and for the first time they are away from the parents, so yeah that will happen a lot, after they grow it resumes "normal" levels.

Edit: also what i find, but might just be me, is that i meet less people nowadays, but meet better people.
    With social networking you usually find people who share things in common more easily than a random assorted group such as a class, in which you might, or might not relate to anyone in there....

Also i do recall some study, i am sorry i cant give exact numbers and am pulling them out of memory, that teenagers have around 15-20 friends while people over 40 are more akin to 5, but its far more stable and more trusty connections... might just be that we filter all the people we dont really get along with and end up with less friends in general, but better?

Anyway wtf, i need to sleep starting to rant.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-01-17 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, that post looks awfully like a "Hey guys, I have a girlfriend and messed around with girls in college, look at me" type of thing. No judging, just saying.

Secondly, I think it's just more convenient to talk to people over the internet. And easier really. I mean, when you're face to face with someone that's a complete and total butthole, you have to put up with them. Over the internet it's much easier to deal with. And lord knows how many assholes there are out there.

I think OP is blaming the lack of ass he's getting nowadays to cellphones. That's honestly the only thought I can see in the OP.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think OP is blaming the lack of ass he's getting nowadays to cellphones. That's honestly the only thought I can see in the OP.
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    LOLz I think you may be right!

I think its a great way for the government to build up information about you.
    Facebook myspace etc are terrible platforms.
    I hope you like all your information stored on government harddrives incase you ever do something slightly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think its a great way for the government to build up information about you.
    Facebook myspace etc are terrible platforms.
    I hope you like all your information stored on government harddrives incase you ever do something slightly wrong.
    personal information is the last, the real problem with facebook and surveilance is that it allows to know exactly who are the leaders of said agitation, putting it in wow terms is hunters mark on top of leaders.
    So if anyone starts some social agitation, they know who leads, who follows, major advantage.
    Then again, personally i dont understand why would ANYONE put real information on facebook, screw that.