Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Crown of the Heavens - Legendary Metagem?

Confirmed in the newest 5.2 PTR Patch notes:

Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new legendary metagem, Crown of the Heavens.
    Interesting turn of events. As they've stated, the playerbase (rightfully so, IMHO) took the words "head enchantment" a bit too literally when the notes were released, but I cannot be the only one who is surprised at this being the change they are intending. How will this interact with the Sha-touched Weapons? How is this a part of the overall Legendary theme? I know that nobody here has any answers as of yet, but I'm curious as to what you all think.

The Anduin/Wrathion audio files recently discovered talk a lot about it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

so is it just a goldsink/stat gem again ? if so holy cow i hope they come up with something realy good at the end of this expasion
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Legendary metagem. First was just a legendary gem. This will have a metagem-style cool on-equip bonus, I bet.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Helms better not be on the last boss again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    And drop 2-3 other items you class/spec can use in addition to the helm token. Once you get your item for a second or third time before your helm token, it's not yay loot, it's crap, screwed over by RNG again.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the build up they've been having with this quest chain. And how all groups can get it with enjoy effort, time, and a little RNG in their favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This will have a metagem-style cool on-equip bonus, I bet.
    It would be quite disappointing if it was just a buffed version of the ones already in game tbh.

I really hope we get a legendary cloak enchant next!!!!!1!one!!

Really, wratharion stuff has been a let down, and it's excessively expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

Really, wratharion stuff has been a let down, and it's excessively expensive.
    What, 10K is expensive for a 500 stat gem?
    You pay more for crafted items that are less of an upgrade on most servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    it's a meta gem, every helmet has a meta socket.

Unless this is exactly like the Sha-touched stuff PvP'ers are gonna raaaaaaaaagggggeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    it's a meta gem, every helmet has a meta socket.
    You know there are those "I won't put this expensive stuff into my not so expensive equip, because it's not worth to get 500+ int on crappy equip" type of guys. It's the same with the weapon enchant: No I don't put the expensive weapon enchant onto my blue weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Unless this is exactly like the Sha-touched stuff PvP'ers are gonna raaaaaaaaagggggeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Why pvpers should rage if this is pure PVE RELATED STUFF.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Why pvpers should rage if this is pure PVE RELATED STUFF.
    Because it would become mandatory if it was only a normal meta gem and had better stats than the PVP ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Because it would become mandatory if it was only a normal meta gem and had better stats than the PVP ones.
    I'd like it if it was usable in PvP, if I got around to doing whatever it is that needs doing to obtain it that is.

The people who complain will be those who, for some reason, feel obligated to obtain every possible upgrade for their character and then hate themselves for it.

I'd welcome the gem's usage in PvP. We shall see if this turns out to be the case.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I'd like it if it was usable in PvP, if I got around to doing whatever it is that needs doing to obtain it that is.

The people who complain will be those who, for some reason, feel obligated to obtain every possible upgrade for their character and then hate themselves for it.

I'd welcome the gem's usage in PvP. We shall see if this turns out to be the case.
    It won't be. That's pretty much exactly what Blizzard said when people thought it was going to be a head enchant. They don't want to force pvpers to do pve. (A legendary meta gem will be a huge deal, like it or not)

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Won't happen because that would make tailoring useless...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    Won't happen because that would make tailoring useless...
    Not really because they would obviously stack.

Deleted
    It'll most likely be "flat stat increase and healing/damage dome/damage taken reduced by x". Can't see any other way it'll be balanced.