Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I vote for a Legendary "Class" Metagem, like a change in an especific ability or a new feature for the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if Legendary actually meant anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Would be nice if acquiring another one gem after quest completion won't lead to another absurdly enormous gold loss.
    Why players have to pay for Blizzard's crappy game design? It isn't so hard to make gems removable from sockets, like they are in Diablo-like games.
    Gold sinks are needed of course, but paying another 10+k gold is pain for a not-farming raid-logger. Not to mention double/triple spec gear etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Would be nice if acquiring another one gem after quest completion won't lead to another absurdly enormous gold loss.
    Why players have to pay for Blizzard's crappy game design? It isn't so hard to make gems removable from sockets, like they are in Diablo-like games.
    Gold sinks are needed of course, but paying another 10+k gold is pain for a not-farming raid-logger. Not to mention double/triple spec gear etc etc.
    Have i missed something here? Why the f*ck are people talking about 10k gold?

15+ Year Old Account
    How I wish the gem would be something more than a basic stat gem. Perhaps add a proc to it, and every class has a different colored gem I loved the proc trinkets in DS. Shadow bolt volley <3

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay more legendaries that somebody who hasn't stepped foot into a normal instance can receive...legendaries mean nothing anymore it's sad

Quote Originally Posted by cynicalz View Post
    Yay more legendaries that somebody who hasn't stepped foot into a normal instance can receive...legendaries mean nothing anymore it's sad
    I'd rather have this type of legendary than the drop chances back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm this is going to take some business away from JC's. With enough people using this that's a LOT of meta gems not being sold. Glad I phased out my JC'ing and only do some light DMC selling + enchanting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Have i missed something here? Why the f*ck are people talking about 10k gold?
    If you want additional gems they cost 10k a pop (for offspec or whatnot).

I'm actually disappointed :/
    I hoped that we'll be constantly upgrading our weapon throughout the whole expansion up to the final stage when it becomes legendary.. But now? :/
    Meeeh ;/

will see how it works, but I really hoped it'd be a constant chain to get the wapon, not gem every single piece of gear in legendary gems...

On the other hand Pandaria (in W3) was said to be full of jewels.. So maybe that's why we get so many gems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

To be fair, the actual legendary weapon hasn't appeared yet. All anyone has done are just quests for some small stat upgrades.

I'd imagine by the time this quest comes to an end, there will be some sort of funneling effect to lessen the legendaries going out. I don't think Blizzard is that stupid. They won't let people transmog them because they would be everywhere, in their words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Legendary metagem. First was just a legendary gem. This will have a metagem-style cool on-equip bonus, I bet.
    I sure hope so, otherwise it's just another boring stats bonus.

I think there are several things that could happen, and I think that any of these are plausible:

1.) The new meta gem, Crown of the Heavens (henceforth "CotH") will simply be a +stat/+secondary bonus gem that will fit into our regularly slotted helm socket and allow us to have higher-than-normal stats.
    2.) The CotH will give us a chance to siphon some future form of Titan essence, as well as serving the above purpose.
    3.) The CotH will allow players to have a significant proc ability associated with wearing one's Sha-touched weapon, as well as #1 from above.
    4.) The CotH will change (since this is PTR after all) to a prismatic gem that has the requirements that it be socketed into a Sha-touched weapon, along with any of the above additional options.
    5.) The CotH will be this tier's "legendary" and will render the previous "legendary" and Sha-touched weapon significantly obsolete once obtained.

Obviously this is not an exhaustive list, but these are some ideas I was thinking about overnight. I'm sure there are much more creative ways this gem could be used.. I just haven't had my coffee yet -_-

Are you counting the huge time investment it requires? Not even counting the future time investments required. It's fine.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Hope they stick to their current model only allowing it in pve-gear. Dont want a replay of cata where people farmed pve to get advantage in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I enjoy the build up they've been having with this quest chain. And how all groups can get it with enjoy effort, time, and a little RNG in their favor.
    Time and effort? The RNG is the only factor in this whole legendary gem theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Are you counting the huge time investment it requires? Not even counting the future time investments required. It's fine.
    I haven't put in more than 1 hour so far related specificly to the legendary...most of it came out of LFR in which I afk'd 90% of the time.

It isn't fine, this legendary doesn't mean anything to me...could just have been an epic gem.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-01-17 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Would be nice if Legendary actually meant anything anymore.
    Pretty much this, we haven't had a meaningful legendary since Dragonwrath.

Let's not let this thread get derailed into anything other than discussing the legendary metagem, please
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Time and effort? The RNG is the only factor in this whole legendary gem theme.

I haven't put in more than 1 hour so far related specificly to the legendary...most of it came out of LFR in which I afk'd 90% of the time.

It isn't fine, this legendary doesn't mean anything to me...could just have been an epic gem.
    Yes, however you need to consider that there are people who actually dont afk and spend a few hours in LFR boosting you and all the other afkers which is some sort of effort. Maybe its not much but still.

On topic, about the gem I really hope it can be used with any helmet. Becouse RNG sucks, took me ages to get the sha touched weapon even with coins every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

Only took you an hour to beat all of T14, then farm 6k valor and get Black prince rep up to revered and still have time spare to beat the rest of the chain? Impressive.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh