Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Some new pvp info on patch 5.2

PvP
    Mists of Pandaria Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s PvP gear can now be purchased with Honor Points instead of Conquest Points, including weapons.
    All newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s armor, offhands, and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.
    Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0%). Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power and 0% damage from PvP Power.
    PvP trinkets that clear loss-of-control effects will now also clear these effects from the player's pet as well.
    For casters and healers, PVP Power is now split evenly between main-hand and off-hand in a manner similar to a dual-wield melee class. This change is retroactive, affecting Season 12 Malevolent and Malevolent Elite items. There should be no net change for any character already using a main-hand/off-hand combination.
    PVP Caster weapons in Season 13 cost 2250 Conquest Points (down from 2500) and shields/off-hands cost 1250 (up from 1000), to reflect the increased value of the off-hand slot for classes that use it in this manner. This change is not retroactive and applies only to Season 13 items.

Battlegrounds
    Players in low level battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.
    Rated Battlegrounds now award conquest to the losing team based on their final score. The losing team can earn up to 200 Conquest Points from a very close match.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...es-january-16/

It just came to my attention that the info wasn't in red. If this is already known news then forgive me.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I was wondering the offhand pvp thing then I saw Reckful with spell dagger OH and was like wth ohhhh.... DAT PVP POWER so they wanna cut a few bits that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Battlegrounds
    Players in low level battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.
    Today was a good day.

But seriously, it's about time!

10+ Year Old Account
    In related news, DK Strangulate is now on a 1 minute cool down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    In related news, DK Strangulate is now on a 1 minute cool down.
    Makes sense. I was always annoyed that you had to take Asphyxiate to get that cooldown reduced.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Posting it another time just incase anyone doesn't read it the first two times in this thread.

Best.

Change.

Ever.

No more "I won't BG for another 2-3 levels until everyone is yellow"!

Edit: I just sat here and thought about it for another 2-3 seconds, and isn't this also a bad thing. I mean, you'll hit more often, but your crit will be devalued? Lets say I have 30% crit chance at level 85... does that mean I will only have 5-15% crit chance when it scales me up to 89?
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-01-17 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Posting it another time just incase anyone doesn't read it the first two times in this thread.

Best.

Change.

Ever.

No more "I won't BG for another 2-3 levels until everyone is yellow"!

Edit: I just sat here and thought about it for another 2-3 seconds, and isn't this also a bad thing. I mean, you'll hit more often, but your crit will be devalued? Lets say I have 30% crit chance at level 85... does that mean I will only have 5-15% crit chance when it scales me up to 89?
    Doesn't matter the change is sex.

(sex = the benefits greatly outway the negative aspects).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

excuse me for my noobism when it comes to pvp gear but i know how usually the top pvp gear becomes inaccessible in new seasons. i really like the blueversion of the pvp set for death knights will i be able to do bgs and buy it with honor or will that set be removed?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    excuse me for my noobism when it comes to pvp gear but i know how usually the top pvp gear becomes inaccessible in new seasons. i really like the blueversion of the pvp set for death knights will i be able to do bgs and buy it with honor or will that set be removed?
    The blue set should remain in the game as next season's honor set (476 iLvL). I reserve the right to be wrong though.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that reads as you keep the 30% crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Today was a good day.

But seriously, it's about time!
    No fucking shit. Also, the thing about the losing team gaining CPs based on performance is really, really needed. Now you have an actual reason to keep trying even if you think you're gonna lose instead of just going "guys ffs just afk in the GY it'll end faster!"
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Some interesting changes here! Bg on alts will be a little more interesting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    PvP
    Mists of Pandaria Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s PvP gear can now be purchased with Honor Points instead of Conquest Points, including weapons.
    All newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s armor, offhands, and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.
    With no item upgrading, this means newcomers still are greatly disadvantaged in PvP, doesn't it? Still pretty borked.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No fucking shit. Also, the thing about the losing team gaining CPs based on performance is really, really needed. Now you have an actual reason to keep trying even if you think you're gonna lose instead of just going "guys ffs just afk in the GY it'll end faster!"
    Still probably quicker to leave and requeue if you're sure you're going to lose, than drag a BG out until it's finished. Besides, most people don't care about CP cap cause they can just get it from 2s.

so its better to get all malevolent gear right now coz it will have better stats abd be upgraded to 491?

"For casters and healers, PVP Power is now split evenly between main-hand and off-hand in a manner similar to a dual-wield melee class. This change is retroactive, affecting Season 12 Malevolent and Malevolent Elite items."

So I better hurry up and upgrade my off hand to 478 like I did to the dagger before I complete my malev set right? Cause I won´t have time to upgrade my set since I don´t have half of the malev pieces yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Still probably quicker to leave and requeue if you're sure you're going to lose, than drag a BG out until it's finished. Besides, most people don't care about CP cap cause they can just get it from 2s.
    Thats the whole point. you can't cap just from arena unless your rating is pretty high. This season is a real PITA, gaining 7200 points through Arena and the requirement is 7250 for the pvp weps. On some servers its hard to find a rbg grp to cap. To find competent mates to win one rbg is another story

Deleted
    The low lvl bg change should have been put a LOOOONG time ago but why should i whine im glad they did put it atleast.

It should also be noted that heroic pandaria dungeons give 100 JP's per boss kill, which is an interesting change for those who want to farm it for pve gear and honor points. A very viable way to gear now, if you tend to lose a lot of bgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    It should also be noted that heroic pandaria dungeons give 100 JP's per boss kill, which is an interesting change for those who want to farm it for pve gear and honor points. A very viable way to gear now, if you tend to lose a lot of bgs.
    It was a much needed change. The amount of honor points you could get every day was much more than the amount of JP you could get.