Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it looks terrible, although not as bad as the previous tier
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm View Post
    This. I was kinda hoping for it to look badass. Like Skyshatter but with a more darker, Mogu type style. Also I think the helm looks incomplete when viewed in 3D mode. Its like a mask just stuck to the face, with no bindings or anything. I kinda get the witchdoctor mask thing but I would have liked some lightning effects on there.
    Overall I like it all other then the helm for this very reason. Ya it looks shamany/witchdocterish but it just seems a little incomplete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    T14 is a Bird Set, which Shaman race has an affinity for Birds?

Jungle Trolls disdain Birds, they consider their Spirit as weak.

If you like this Aztec / Maya style, well then you'll like this set, but personally i don't see what is really spiritual on this set, mostly because the spiritual vibe of the Shaman class comes from Orc / Tauren / Jungle Troll, which usually wear more primal looking things and not Voodoo mask made from stone.
    Sets have never been designed according to each race specific background or lore. Being a troll shaman doesn't have the same meaning as being a Tauren shaman : the first is more voodoo-based while the later focuses on the spirits, Orcs are more oriented towards elements and ancestors.

I am personnaly glad we are coming back to tribal sets.

Good thing i almost have a complete tier3 earthscatter transmog set ;-)

But it's looking 'shaman' too me... guess it won't look bad on my troll

I think it looks AWESOME. Very Shaman/Witch Doctor. It also is going to look great with the armored dino mounts that have been discovered. Unfortunately the shoulders look tiny on a female draenai so I may finally have to race change to pandaren.

Looks like a set that was tailored to Trolls/Troll males and then just thrown onto everything else, a bit like Tier 4/5 Paladin and Draenei.

No lightning is dumb though; really, when have Paladins ever been associated with lightning? I say that as a Paladin, it's ridiculous.

Well... another "thanks for the transmog option" looking tier.

At least the set bonuses are good atm.

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Unfortunately the shoulders look tiny on a female draenai so I may finally have to race change to pandaren.
    one of the reasons I changed to panda
    also when parts of the helmet is clipping into the breast like t7? on draenei you know something feels ugly^^
    but of course there are also items that don't look very well on panda too. this set however looks very good, no clippings so far

This set will look awesome on troll shaman.

Deleted
    Thanks for the transmog Blizzard.
    That is all. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm View Post
    This. I was kinda hoping for it to look badass. Like Skyshatter but with a more darker, Mogu type style. Also I think the helm looks incomplete when viewed in 3D mode. Its like a mask just stuck to the face, with no bindings or anything. I kinda get the witchdoctor mask thing but I would have liked some lightning effects on there.
    This, dont get me wrong i like the set but considering we're going against the Thunder King on His Throne of Thunder wiht lightning infused trolls etc...Why not give the true wielders of thunder something along those lines aswell >:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    This, dont get me wrong i like the set but considering we're going against the Thunder King on His Throne of Thunder wiht lightning infused trolls etc...Why not give the true wielders of thunder something along those lines aswell >:
    Not only that, we were waiting like a month longer for our cool set preview...only to get shoulders that are common on trashmobs and bland voodoo mask? Thank god for good old elemental based sets, these new "tribal chic" sets are not my taste at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least it's better than T14. I don't like it though.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Deleted
    NOPE. They could have made an improved tier 6 with the lightning theme.
    They make a cardboard troll costume, looks ridiculous on any other race imo.

At least we've got our tbc transmo's.

I don't think it is bad, I will wear it. It is definitely a lot better than T14, which imo doesn't even fit into pandaria at all. I couldn't figure out where there are firebirds, or what firebirds have to do with pandaria, can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by whitepanda View Post
    Sets have never been designed according to each race specific background or lore. Being a troll shaman doesn't have the same meaning as being a Tauren shaman : the first is more voodoo-based while the later focuses on the spirits, Orcs are more oriented towards elements and ancestors.

I am personnaly glad we are coming back to tribal sets.
    Still the fact remains that no Shaman race reveres Birds in any special way, i merely pointed out that Troll don't revere Birds at all.

And Shaman is pretty Race oriented, they are simply just Orc oriented.

That's why you summon Wolf Spirits, transform into a Wolf Spirit, have Sets with Wolf Head / Skull on their shoulders.

The Problem is simply that Shaman isn't always = Shaman.
    Draenei, Goblins and Dwarves don't really show this spiritual vibe, mostly this Elemental vibe.

Many Orc / Troll / Tauren however take on this spiritual / Voodoo thing.

to me it looks like they spent absolutely no time on this. just bland and retarded looking

My gripe this time isn't necessarily with the style of the set. It fits the theme they're going for with all the troll stuff, but quality-wise I just don't think it's very well done at all. It looks okay on trolls, but on every other race the shoulders and mask look like they're just stuck on. There's also something lacking that makes it not look dramatic enough to be a tier set, as if it could just be another matching mail set from 5 man heroics. T14 was also not my cup of tea, but it at least looked like it had more thought put into its design to make it stand out.

I don't hate it, but it just needs... something.

ugaly.

Just like ever set this tier.

Thumbs down

bring back the BC designers holy shit this is awful.

the helm..... what the hell is that thing stuck to the front of my face

they did a great job on the belt too...... ALOT OF DETAIL I CAN SEE WHY IT TOOK SO LONG TO COMPLETE THIS

the color combinations are also pretty horrible

i wish i had 4 hands to give this set 4 thumbs down
    - Lostep -