Targeting Circles

This has perplexed me why Targeting Circles are such a bad thing, but I'd like to point out one thing that makes me (and probably everyone else) laugh, if you didn't make the connection yet:

- Due to people not wanting targeting circles for Single Target rotations, Pet Freeze has been removed
    - Rune of Power sees no changes, still requiring you to use a targeting circle
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

For most people RoP refresh is under your feet or just blink range and that is kinda easy to target. Now I'm not saying freeze is hard or anything.. It is rather easy, but on bosses its a bit annoying at times, but hey that's just how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    For most people RoP refresh is under your feet or just blink range and that is kinda easy to target. Now I'm not saying freeze is hard or anything.. It is rather easy, but on bosses its a bit annoying at times, but hey that's just how I feel.
    I actually feel the opposite. I find it easier to freeze than RoP based on my mouse.

Regardless, why remove ONE and not ALL?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    People see targeting circles as something that's hard to incorporate into their gameplay? I had no idea. That's a bit silly.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    People see targeting circles as something that's hard to incorporate into their gameplay? I had no idea. That's a bit silly.
    Oh I totally agree, but Blizzard seems to think otherwise, yet they only remove Freeze but not Rune of Power (or rather, tweak it or make a Minor glyph to allow it placed directly under our feet)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the people that have problems with targeting circles are the ones who keybind absolutely everything and aren't used to using their mouse for anything.

Placing RoP could be fixed by simply making two versions of the spell. One that is targeted like the current one and one that automatically places it at your feet.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    This has perplexed me why Targeting Circles are such a bad thing, but I'd like to point out one thing that makes me (and probably everyone else) laugh, if you didn't make the connection yet:

- Due to people not wanting targeting circles for Single Target rotations, Pet Freeze has been removed
    - Rune of Power sees no changes, still requiring you to use a targeting circle
    A few days ago I tweeted GC about removing the reticule from RoP and replied to a thread on the Mage forums about the very same topic.

I definitely agree it should go. Also of note, there was a Rogue ability that was going to be added in 5.2 but removed because Internal testers didn't like the reticule (hit and run). The circles pretty much an unnecessary hassle since the vast majority of time you're just trying to drop it at your feet anyway. The QoL with the new Invo crushes RoP's QoL.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-01-17 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    I dont know his name the the mage MVP on wow forums talked about that. Imo, he was focusing on silly things and making waves for nothing, but maybe they listened to him.

His point was, you should have to use a targeting single on a single target fight rotation. (hence freeze), he then went on and on arguing his point.

To me, freeze wasnt a problem, i'm used to it, but for some people, I see where it could be, (using freeze while moving or strafing etc). But I agree that sometimes, having to search for your mouse in raid and puting down RoP is a little tricky too depending on fight ^^.

Target reticles are not an issue by itself. Take freeze for instance, you could always cast it during GCD from instants and/or during frostbolt cast time. Never had issues.

As for RoP, I wouldn't say it will be enough if they change how the targetting circle works. There are many other reasons why this talent is bad, very poorly design.

But I understand OP's point. But you're expecting logic from Blizzard actions? Oh well...

One can hope.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I think the people that have problems with targeting circles are the ones who keybind absolutely everything and aren't used to using their mouse for anything.

Placing RoP could be fixed by simply making two versions of the spell. One that is targeted like the current one and one that automatically places it at your feet.
    I don't like RoP as a talent but I like it's target circle, so you can preemptive cast when needed.

How this suggestion of yours would work? 2 different spells? Or glyphing it?
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2013-01-17 at 12:03 PM.