Poll: Do you hug your friends of the same sex?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you hug your friends that are the same sex as you?

So I grew up in a community where physically embracing people you like was the norm. I hug my dad, brother, friends, and even acquaintances. I recognize this might not be true for everyone though, so I was wondering what % of the population of dudes hug their male friends. I'm going to include an option for females hugging their female friends, but there simply isn't the same kind of stigma attached to females embracing each other as there is for men.

So MMO Champ, do you hug your friends that are the same sex as you?

(Poll inc)

Edit: *Plays FF Victory Music* I figured out how to add a poll. I am a genius.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-01-17 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, why not?

Deleted
    Well I'm female, and I do hug other chicks - but my husband gets hugs from his close friends too. Maybe a cultural thing or even an age thing, I don't know - but there is no stigma as far as I know about two dudes embracing in some way to say hi or bye.

Yes. Its quite the norm for saying hello, goodbye, when giving gifts, winning a game .. etc. I don't see why hugging would be looked down upon.

I hug some of my male friends, and some of my female friends - It all depends on the bond i share with them, not their gender.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    Yes I do, but it depends on what kind of friendship it is. Most of the times I just give a good handshake or kind-of-high-five thing.
    Last edited by mmoc5f651aac41; 2013-01-17 at 09:54 AM.

depends on the person and my bond i have with them. there are sum chicks that i am good friends with and i consider them like my lil sisters and i hug them all the time. but on like a date or something i would only hug them if they want one =)

Deleted
    I don't hug others, regardless of their gender. Don't really like it. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I don't hug other guys often, but sometimes a handshake or pat on the back isn't a strong enough gesture.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yes. Its quite the norm for saying hello, goodbye, when giving gifts, winning a game .. etc. I don't see why hugging would be looked down upon.
    I wouldn't say the stigma is anything truly serious or frowned upon, but I think some guys just don't like it.

Pretty much explains my thoughts on the matter.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Yeah. Mostly when I'm drunk though.

i only normaly hug my family, for friends its a handshake for the guys and a kiss for the girls. kinda the norm in my country i supose
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told that it's embarrassing if you're American and from certain parts to even hug in general. In my country, we... well, it's not shunned but not really anyone would really do. Unless you know them and such, of course.

And of course I hug my male friends! Bro-hugs are some of the manliest things that exist. But really, only happen when I want to show them my respect for them, etc etc.

Hugging is nice, mkay? (Unless you got -that- friend that smells fishy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yeah. Mostly when I'm drunk though.
    I'm a hug machine when I have a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I wouldn't say the stigma is anything truly serious or frowned upon, but I think some guys just don't like it.
    Well that is their choice. Some people in general don't like being touched. Don't let stigmas run your life. if you like hugging your same sex friends, and they are okay with it, do it.

There is the common "bro hug" which is more of a open reach around pat where u kinda pat them with both arms during the hug, so there is less 'embrace' and more of a patting sound. Most guys will do this, its usually like a whats up kind of hug between two guys, usually more than acquaintance, close friend.

I haven't hugged anyone in my entire life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a hug machine when I have a few.

Oh, you too? We should get together...

I'm 26 Hug all my friends and kiss my Mum, Dad, and Siblings (male and female)

Yeah of course. Only the insecure don't!