Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The point was not to depict an accurate comparison of average DP damage.
    The point was to illustrate that it will be extremely unlikely to be able to match the damage of a single 5.1 DP CRIT in a single cast in 5.2, for PvP spike damage purposes. I thought that was clear, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Haste scaling for DP is mostly irrelevant outside of breakpoints. The change will increase the value of getting an extra tick and that's about it.
    It's very possible that because of this, it will raise the value of mastery and with the new set bonuses mastery "might" be our best stat.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone done the math regarding the new version of PW: Solace?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

Power Word: Solace has been replaced with a new talent: Solace & Insanity
    For Holy and Discpline, Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage, and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.
    For Shadow, this ability causes Mind Flay to gain the Insanity effect when it's cast on a target with 3 Shadow damage-over-time spells on it. Insanity causes Mind Flay to deal double damage for the duration..

Problem is that we'll only get one/two casts of MF with buff (and most likely overriding proccing MS or MB's along the way), so I don't know exactly how good it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    Problem is that we'll only get one/two casts of MF with buff (and most likely overriding proccing MS or MB's along the way), so I don't know exactly how good it'll be.
    I'm not sure how its possible to ever override a MS proc when you take the MF;I talent. In fact it's impossible... But, yes, the numbers are looking good doing a 1 orb rotation with MF;I. The spell is still a little clunky and still has some working out to be done. But it is a nice push in the right direction. It also allows us so scale better during lust which is huge for us right now.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I realize I wasn´t very clear. I didn´t exactly mean override, so much as: Is MF with Insanity worth more DPS-wise or per cast than those procs that come up during the channel when we have all 3 dot´s up? I would like to know if somebody has come up with some DPET values to compare, such as you might see in most dps guides, even if it´s a ball-park-type figure.

I agree with the whole scaling during BL with you, those MF´s are gonna be SWEET xD
    Last edited by Yetiman; 2013-01-21 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Adding comments

Deleted
    As it looks right now we are not going to be using 3 orbs for DP anyway, atleast not fights, the new talent "Solace And Insanity" is so strong that its whorth gimping 3 Orb DP for a 1 or 2 ORB DP to keep Insanity up as much as possible.