Email changed, I don't know what to do!

Hello forums;

Firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong place, but I am not able to login to my wow account to go on battle.net forums because my email has been changed! The only place I know is here so I am looking for your help.

30 mins ago I got an email saying that my email has been changed to m***@hotmail.com, I was so scared and didn't know what to do. I did the post account hack ticket but I feel that if they try to email me it wouldn't work. What I am scared more about is I looked at my characters armoury, and all I see is about 20 purchases of "Pet Cage". I am scared this would mean I would lose my 12k gold and have no more!

I really do not know what to do, the blizz support is offline, I can't login, I can't do ANYTHING. And what is even scarier is that my email has not been logged into anywhere else but my IP, so I have no clue how they changed my email! What do I do!?

I hope for some quick replies, thanks!
    \

I think you need to phone Blizzard directly. Make sure you have whatever forms of ID they may require to ensure it is you calling.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    I think you need to phone Blizzard directly. Make sure you have whatever forms of ID they may require to ensure it is you calling.
    I tried to, but it says their offices are closed and I should call at around 10AM pacific time+ So the issue is I would have to wait like 4-5 hours before I call. And the damage one can do in that time is significant.
    \

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have a friend open an in-game ticket for you saying you were hacked!

Only thing you can do while waiting for the phone lines to be opened

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    I tried to, but it says their offices are closed and I should call at around 10AM pacific time+ So the issue is I would have to wait like 4-5 hours before I call. And the damage one can do in that time is significant.
    The damage means nothing since Blizzard can just roll your characters back to a point before you were hacked.

So this is what you have to do:

- Either use a clean computer and avoid yours until your account is secure, or clean your computer by using an anti-malware/anti-virus to make sure no keyloggers are there, then:

- Change the email and password back (if possible)
    - Get an authenticator through your phone or pay for the very very cheap hand-held one
    - Contact Blizzard as soon as their support is open again

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    My solution will seem VERY 2005-ish but...Ever thought to use the...wait for it......PHONE ? To kind of...Contact customer's support ASAP ? You know.....To...FIX THE PROBLEM BEFORE it gets worse ...
    Couldn't you read what I said!? I CALLED and it said their offices were CLOSED.. What else am I supposed to do?

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The damage means nothing since Blizzard can just roll your characters back to a point before you were hacked.

So this is what you have to do:

- Either use a clean computer and avoid yours until your account is secure, or clean your computer by using an anti-malware/anti-virus to make sure no keyloggers are there, then:

- Change the email and password back (if possible)
    - Get an authenticator through your phone or pay for the very very cheap hand-held one
    - Contact Blizzard as soon as their support is open again
    Alright thanks for the quick reply, I just made a "hack support" ticket so I hope they will be able to reset my email, I just changed my emails password, did a scan for any viruses and I just downloaded and authenticator from the appstore. The only fear I have in mind is that last time this happened to my friend (account hacked), he got everything back but his gold, and apparently Blizzard cannot restore gold if it was used through the "player" economy. In this case I can see pets were purchased and I can only assume that it would be sold on some neutral AH.

I really hope I could get my gold back

Thanks for the help also ^^
    \

Couldn't you read what I said!? I CALLED and it said their offices were CLOSED.. What else am I supposed to do?
    There is nothing else you can do but wait.

All the damage the hacker can do is remove all your gear and gold. Even delete your character. None of wich is a problem. Blizzard roll it back and no harm done.

The chances of a hacker ruining your name and reputation is slim to none. They are there for the gold. thats the only thing they care about.

First thing i would do if i were you. Was to change my password on my email and all other sites with the same email/password.
    Second of all. Call blizz when they "wake up" and tell them your situation. You need proof, possibly the last digits or the first of your visa card used to pay with. If you have a cd key it would also help. Possibly also just your personal id number. I dont actualy know what they need. But something like that

But what ever you do. Dont panic.

and i just noticed some dude in a few posts over me just said the same thingie

Alright so it seems the web-forum I posted did work out, I just got my email verification back and it is now tagged. But now it says my account has been permanently banned!? I have no clue what is going on, is this normal?
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so it seems the web-forum I posted did work out, I just got my email verification back and it is now tagged. But now it says my account has been permanently banned!? I have no clue what is going on, is this normal?
    Yes. They suspend accounts under suspicion of being hacked to prevent more damage or a hacker making it harder for them to fix or cause more damage than is necessary. Makes a hell of a lot more work for them if they do.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Call blizzard. No matter what happens, at the end of the day you will get your account back.
    The person will probably have stripped your account of gold / items on all characters and blizzard will readily replace all your items.

Next step is get rid of the keylogger that is probably still on your computer. Kaspersky internet security is a godsend for spotting keyloggers. Take the free scan on their website or you can download the trial if you want. 9 times out of 10 it will find it.

Until you get rid of the virus, use virtual keyboard. Every OS has one.

You probably got the virus from opening an unsafe email or going to a really crappy website. Stop doing that. Otherwise if you still want to and use firefox, download no-script. It instantly blocks all scripts from being ran when you enter a webpage which greatly reduces your chances of getting a virus.

GL

Hi Wollveren,

Not a problem, we'll help you get it taken care of. We will need to address this as soon as possible, but so long as you're having us look at this within the first month of when the issue happened, it shouldn't be too difficult for us to assist with. In addition to our phones, we now also offer chat support during our phone times (depends on your region). Our contact page is Blizzard Support Page.

Once we do get you fixed up, please make sure to consider putting an authenticator on the account. You're also welcome to PM directly if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    /Araxom

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty common, I'd say. They have to ban to prevent further issues, but once you get control back they'd unban it

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi Wollveren,

Not a problem, we'll help you get it taken care of. We will need to address this as soon as possible, but so long as you're having us look at this within the first month of when the issue happened, it shouldn't be too difficult for us to assist with. In addition to our phones, we now also offer chat support during our phone times (depends on your region). Our contact page is Blizzard Support Page.

Once we do get you fixed up, please make sure to consider putting an authenticator on the account. You're also welcome to PM directly if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    /Araxom
    Oooh we have a blue on our side

blues on MMOchamp? oO did i miss something?

You should run a virus and malware scan, just to be sure you have nothing on your PC.
    See if you can still access your email account.
    change it's password.
    Do not click on any of the links on the notification email...if you have to do anything account related go to the site manually

Hello forums;

Firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong place, but I am not able to login to my wow account to go on battle.net forums because my email has been changed! The only place I know is here so I am looking for your help.

30 mins ago I got an email saying that my email has been changed to m***@hotmail.com, I was so scared and didn't know what to do. I did the post account hack ticket but I feel that if they try to email me it wouldn't work. What I am scared more about is I looked at my characters armoury, and all I see is about 20 purchases of "Pet Cage". I am scared this would mean I would lose my 12k gold and have no more!

I really do not know what to do, the blizz support is offline, I can't login, I can't do ANYTHING. And what is even scarier is that my email has not been logged into anywhere else but my IP, so I have no clue how they changed my email! What do I do!?

I hope for some quick replies, thanks!
    First: Stop buying gold and online items. This is the most likely reason for how they got your E-mail in the first place.

Second: To get it fixed have freinds report your account as hacked then be patient and contact blizzard via phone. They have a process for confirming that you are the original account holder.

Third: Once they restore your account which will also include any gold and items not purchased through nefarious means place an Authenticator on your account and never under any circumstance share your account with family or friends.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    First: Stop buying gold and online items. This is the most likely reason for how they got your E-mail in the first place.
    Maybe in your experiences, but this isn't the most likely reason for contracting a keylogger. Any website related to WoW, be it looking up stats, rotations, builds, ect can have a virus waiting for you. Lots of the times completely unrelated websites can infect your computer with keystroke copying software for bank accounts, paypal information, facebook interest, ect. When they get your email login info, only then can they dig through and mine for things they can get money out of. All online scam artists are familiar with the money to be made from finding a Blizzard GM response email waiting in someones inbox. A quick 20 bucks from a chinese account chop site usually.

But hey, you could be right too.