Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    [Spoilers] Ra-den: Titan or Titanic Creation?

    In the past, Blizzard Confirmed to us that we haven't seen a true titan yet, but now there is Ra-den. A Titan Keeper.

    In the past, titanic watchers or keepers were just called "watchers", "keepers", "sentinels" or in rare cases, "titanic watchers". But in the Dungeon Journal, Ra-den is called a "Titan Keeper".

    "Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha."

    Does this mean he is a Titan? is this "titan keeper" thing his "race-class combination", like a "human mage" or an "orc warrior"? is Ra-den the First Titan to be revealed in-game?

    he seems awefully powerful compared to the average watcher. remember those healthy watchers in uldum, which we beat in 5-man groups? well, ra-den is all beaten up, yet he's a hard-mode only raid boss. when lei shen took his heart, he gained special divine powers over lightning and wind. and when wrathion tells you to get lei shen's heart, he says it has the "powers of a god". true titans were called "gods" by lorewalker cho in his monologue about the thunder king and the mogu.

    I think Ra-den is a titan
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    In the past, Blizzard Confirmed to us that we haven't seen a true titan yet, but now there is Ra-den. A Titan Keeper.

    In the past, titanic watchers or keepers were just called "watchers", "keepers", "sentinels" or in rare cases, "titanic watchers". But in the Dungeon Journal, Ra-den is called a "Titan Keeper".

    "Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha."

    Does this mean he is a Titan? is this "titan keeper" thing his "race-class combination", like a "human mage" or an "orc warrior"? is Ra-den the First Titan to be revealed in-game?

    he seems awefully powerful compared to the average watcher. remember those healthy watchers in uldum, which we beat in 5-man groups? well, ra-den is all beaten up, yet he's a hard-mode only raid boss. when lei shen took his heart, he gained special divine powers over lightning and wind. and when wrathion tells you to get lei shen's heart, he says it has the "powers of a god". true titans were called "gods" by lorewalker cho in his monologue about the thunder king and the mogu.

    I think Ra-den is a titan
    Keepers are extremely powerful.

    Mimiron, Thorim, Freya, and Hodir are very, very, very strong individuals.

    If anything, yes, I'd say Ra'den is more powerful, but he has rage and a millenia of built up power and emotion behind him.

    The other 4 were simply driven by insanity and controlled by Yogg Saron.

    Emotion makes anyone stronger, and on that thought, I'm still convinced he's just a Keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Keepers are extremely powerful.

    Mimiron, Thorim, Freya, and Hodir are very, very, very strong individuals.

    If anything, yes, I'd say Ra'den is more powerful, but he has rage and a millenia of built up power and emotion behind him.

    The other 4 were simply driven by insanity and controlled by Yogg Saron.

    Emotion makes anyone stronger, and on that thought, I'm still convinced he's just a Keeper.
    and Thorim didn't have emotion backing me? His brother betrayed him and the titans and other watchers and killed his wife, the only one he loved in the world sending him into a lonely spiralling depression.

  4. #4
    The Patient crazymack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    <--- that way
    Posts
    267
    I do not think Ra-den is a titan, he looks like to me a similar model or flavor of earthen/giant warriors that the titan use in their armies. I'm guessing he is the missing watcher/keeper from ulduar.
    Last edited by crazymack; 2013-01-17 at 01:36 PM. Reason: corrections

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    and Thorim didn't have emotion backing me? His brother betrayed him and the titans and other watchers and killed his wife, the only one he loved in the world sending him into a lonely spiralling depression.
    In the rage that drove Thorim, he would've annihilated Loken if not for Yogg Saron's intervention, and it's been stated Thorim, at his full power, could destroy an entire continent.

    So yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,419
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    I do not think Ra-den is a titan, he looks like to me a similar model or flavor of earthen/giant warriors that the titan use in their armies. I'm guessing he is the missing watcher/keeper from ulduar.
    It's not. Tyr has a silver hand.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    I do not think Ra-den is a titan, he looks like to me a similar model or flavor of earthen/giant warriors that the titan use in their armies. I'm guessing he is the missing watcher/keeper from ulduar.
    The missing Keeper from Ulduar is called Tyr.

  8. #8
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,353
    It's not a titan, it's a keeper.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    Ra'den is a keeper. Probably the keeper for Mogu'shan Vaults.

  10. #10
    than why does the dungeon journal call him a titan?

    keeper is not a race. keeper is a job.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  11. #11
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,353
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than why does the dungeon journal call him a titan?
    It doesn't. It calls him a Titanic Keeper - meaning he's a Keeper build by the Titans. Just like Thorim and the gang.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than why does the dungeon journal call him a titan?

    keeper is not a race. keeper is a job.
    Link please.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It doesn't. It calls him a Titanic Keeper - meaning he's a Keeper build by the Titans. Just like Thorim and the gang.
    it calls him a TITAN keeper, not a titanic keeper.

    keeper is not a race. it's a job.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Link please.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ra-den

    Dungeon Journal

    Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #14
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it calls him a TITAN keeper, not a titanic keeper.

    keeper is not a race. it's a job.
    Says who?

    From everything I've seen he's a Titanic Watcher, in other words simply created to guard what lies in what we now know to be Mogushan Vaults.

    I don't think in the slightest he's a Titan to be honest.

    It'd be awesome though if he was.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 02:00 PM ----------

    Besides, the "Titan Keepers", or these Titan creations are always left behind to guard something. That's why they're watchers.

    He has a job similar to the other Watchers/Keepers we've met. It's no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    He has a job similar to the other Watchers/Keepers we've met. It's no different.
    but he was the first one to be called a titan in-game.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,759
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ra-den
    /eod
    Race: TITANIC WATCHER

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it calls him a TITAN keeper, not a titanic keeper.

    keeper is not a race. it's a job.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:58 PM ----------



    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ra-den

    Dungeon Journal

    Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery.
    and Thorim and crew are Titan Watchers, we know they are not titans, your point?

    I guess to make a real world example, say an electrician makes a little robot and is called Electrician robot. The robot is not an electrician. just made by one. Same thing with the Titans and Ra'den.

    First off much to weak to be a titan (nor does he seem as big as a titan would be)

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    but he was the first one to be called a titan in-game.
    no he wasn't, he is called a titan keeper.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ra-den
    /eod
    Race: TITANIC WATCHER
    wowpedia is written by fans, it's not official. the dungeon journal is official.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,816
    Judging from voice files and the quoted line the OP wrote I'd say that sometime those 12000 years ago, when Lei Shen ruled, that he came across what is now Mogu'shan Vaults, found the Engine of Nalak'sha and found Ra-den here and maybe Nalak, the Storm Lord too.

    So I'd say that Ra-den was the keeper of Mogu'shan Vaults back in the day, wielded the power of storms and was robbed of his powers by Lei Shen who then imprisoned Ra-den in the dungeons of the Throne of Thunder.

    On another note, what I wonder is Lei Shen saying he "sought only to finish the work of the gods". Now, Lorewalker Cho says that the Mogu are children of the Titans, and with the titans being "gods" then I'd say that would make the Titans the Mogu gods... So unless Ra-den was unworthy or his demise was necessary, in Lei Shen's opinion, then I don't see why he'd go ahead and hurt a titan keeper...

    Also, LOVE THE LORE! XD
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Kazzak EU

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    but he was the first one to be called a titan in-game.
    Aside from his Dungeon Journal where does it classify him as a Titan?

    And why would the Titans leave one of their own on Pandaria.

    Hold on though, because if you're correct and I'm wrong, it proves my hypothesis and further credits what Wrathion has said for this patch.

    You're probably wondering what I'm talking about..

    Well, Wrathion said the Titans had some..special interest in Pandaria.

    I mean, there was an Engine there to CREATE constructs. Titan constructs of Stone and Metal. Along with the Engine of Nalaksha whose purpose we don't even truly know yet.

    Not only that, but they actually killed the Old God that dwelled in this land, yet the curse still remains.

    Also, the Mogu were apparently left on Pandaria to..Guard or Destroy something. Something that's still hidden and something they failed to do either about.

    AND, to further add to that, Wrathion said there is something dark at the center beneath Pandaria, along with Ra'den hinting at the same thing.

    Pandaria is special.

    It's special to the Horde, Alliance, Wrathion, AND the Titans now.

    It just makes you wonder what's underneath this gigantic land mass, and if you're right and I'm wrong about Ra'den being a Titan, it further credits the fact that there's something we're really missing about this landmass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •