Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    and Thorim and crew are Titan Watchers, we know they are not titans, your point?

    I guess to make a real world example, say an electrician makes a little robot and is called Electrician robot. The robot is not an electrician. just made by one. Same thing with the Titans and Ra'den.

    First off much to weak to be a titan (nor does he seem as big as a titan would be)
    give me a source of thorim ever being called a "titan watcher".

    Watchers are always called just "watchers". one watcher was once called a "titanic watcher" (ironaya).

    titanic = relative to titans
    titan = titan
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  2. #22
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,519
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    give me a source of thorim ever being called a "titan watcher".

    Watchers are always called just "watchers. one watcher was once called a "titanic watcher" (ironaya).

    titanic = relative to titans
    titan = titan
    Oi, check my other post, Checking. I got a really big response for you you may enjoy. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  3. #23
    Bloodsail Admiral Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    give me a source of thorim ever being called a "titan watcher".
    I believe it was either a quest in Storm peaks or one of the quests with Bran but I'm not about to search it up just to help prove how a Titan keeper is not a titan (Even though it is glaringly obvious he is not)
    Last edited by Throren; 2013-01-17 at 02:13 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oi, check my other post, Checking. I got a really big response for you you may enjoy. :P
    not only that. according to wrathion, the equipment the titans left in pandaria can be used to create WORLDS.

    which makes me wonder. if the titans can make their own worlds, why do they want to modify the worlds of others to fit their image of perfection? it's like they are not satisfied with anything other than complete order in the entire universe
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,519
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not only that. according to wrathion, the equipment the titans left in pandaria can be used to create WORLDS.

    which makes me wonder. if the titans can make their own worlds, why do they want to modify the worlds of others to fit their image of perfection? it's like they are not satisfied with anything other than complete order in the entire universe
    Ya know it's kind of ironic.

    People say that Pandaria, and this entire expansion, are skippable and have no true importance.

    This patch honestly trumps that entirely.

    Pandaria may be more important than any other land mass or area on Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I believe it was either a quest in Storm peaks or one of the quests with Bran but I'm not about to search it up just to help prove how a Titan keeper is not a titan (Even though it is glaringly obvious he is not)
    why is it obvious he isn't a titan?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  7. #27
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,353
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why is it obvious he isn't a titan?
    Because he isn't. If he was a titan, not only would he be bigger, and more physically imposing - he'd also never have been bested by the Thunder King or left behind. He's a watcher, nothing more nothing less. Oh and the Dungeon Journal often comes with typos and spelling errors.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why is it obvious he isn't a titan?
    I mention it last page, he doesn't nearly have the proper power level. A titan, even of the lowest no-named variety would far surpass watchers like Thorim in power (and Thorim could destroy entire continents if he wanted to) yet this guy was beaten by a strong Mogu? While of course the Pantheon are the strongest Titans just a common random Titan has mre power than anything you could find on azeroth (save maybe the old gods)

    also read this

    Edit: Also read this- http://www.wowpedia.org/Titanic_watcher

    Watchers[1][2] (also known as keepers,[3] and in rare cases Titanic Watchers[4] or sentinels[5])
    Things classified as stone keepers and stone watchers seem to have been renamed watchers and keepers, and the terms made synonymous. There are vast differences in power between entities with these titles.
    Now before you say it is all written by fans/untrue. All enough on there is cannon as it's all taken from in-game and out of game cannon sources. Only thing on wowpedia not cannon is the rpg book sections. And I have yet to see a troll but outright fake info on it.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why is it obvious he isn't a titan?
    Because a no-name Titan fought against a fully powered C'thun and both fell (you know the story). Now any Mogu, Mogu King or whatever is able to fight against a Titan and even capture him? Well, no.. not in this story.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster Cairm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    1,439
    Maybe they should have written Titan's watcher. It could be just that he is guarding a titan, or something titanic. Just like Algalon (hard-mode only boss) was protecting something titanic.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Because a no-name Titan fought against a fully powered C'thun and both fell (you know the story). Now any Mogu, Mogu King or whatever is able to fight against a Titan and even capture him? Well, no.. not in this story.
    nobody knows how it happened. there's a big chance that lei shen didn't defeat ra-den fair and square. he could have an army. but what we know is that ra-den's heart gives people god powers. sounds powerful to me.

    also it seems to me people severely overestimate the power of a titan. all their overachieving powerful stuff comes from their tech, not their intrinsic power. wrathion said the mogu had enough tech there to build worlds.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-17 at 02:32 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Maybe they should have written Titan's watcher. It could be just that he is guarding a titan, or something titanic. Just like Algalon (hard-mode only boss) was protecting something titanic.
    Algalon is a titanic watcher, who's now watching over Azeroth after his defeat in Ulduar. He came on Azeroth because a fail-safe system popped up on his iPhone, when we killed Loken.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Algalon_the_Observer

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    nobody knows how it happened. there's a big chance that lei shen didn't defeat ra-den fair and square. he could have an army. but what we know is that ra-den's heart gives people god powers. sounds powerful to me.
    Yeah, saying "godly powers" could also be exaggerated or just powerful enought that they couldnt explain it. Loken is able to destroy continents if he wants to... and well, the Dragon Aspects had "godly powers", as they were empowered by the Titans.
    Last edited by UcanDoSht; 2013-01-17 at 02:33 PM.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yeah, saying "godly powers" could also be exaggerated or just powerful enought that they couldnt explain it. Loken is able to destroy continents if he wants to... and well, the Dragon Aspects had "godly powers", as they were empowered by the Titans.
    if he could, he'd have done it. it would have facilitated yogg-saron's escape. 5 people can't just kill someone who can destroy a continent.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    also it seems to me people severely overestimate the power of a titan. all their overachieving powerful stuff comes from their tech, not their intrinsic power. wrathion said the mogu had enough tech there to build worlds.
    Dunno, the last time a mortal (Broxxigar) fought a (fallen) titan, he needed an axe, empowered by a demigod and he could just land a single scratch on his leg, before he got pulverized by said titan.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    nobody knows how it happened. there's a big chance that lei shen didn't defeat ra-den fair and square. he could have an army. but what we know is that ra-den's heart gives people god powers. sounds powerful to me.

    also it seems to me people severely overestimate the power of a titan. all their overachieving powerful stuff comes from their tech, not their intrinsic power. wrathion said the mogu had enough tech there to build worlds.
    Titans are very powerful by themselves, like I said many times, Thorim, who is only a watcher, a construct made by the titans, ha the power to level a continent. Look at Sargeras , powerful as hell (I'm talking pre-corruption)


    and as I stated above which you politely ignored, on the page for watchers it says they are also known as keepers though there is a distinct power level difference between the two and under the list is Ra-den.


    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if he could, he'd have done it. it would have facilitated yogg-saron's escape. 5 people can't just kill someone who can destroy a continent.
    but we sorta did.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if he could, he'd have done it. it would have facilitated yogg-saron's escape. 5 people can't just kill someone who can destroy a continent.
    Yeah, Voldemort could have also killed Harry Power in the first book. But he didnt, because the author wouldnt have a protagonist to write 7 books about... ya know?
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    and as I stated above which you politely ignored, on the page for watchers it says they are also known as keepers though there is a distinct power level difference between the two and under the list is Ra-den.
    did blizzard put him on wowpedia? or was it a fan?

    I'm not disputing that he's a keeper. he is a keeper. but a keeper is a JOB, not a race. the journal says he is a "titan keeper". it could have said he was a "titan warrior", a "titan mage", a "titan guard" or a "titan fruit vendor". the important part here is that he is a titan. he's not just a keeper. he's not a titanic keeper. he's a titan keeper.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ra-den
    /eod
    Race: TITANIC WATCHER
    From the Titanic Watcher page.

    On this wiki, the fan-coined term "titanic watcher" is often used as the race name, despite being used only once in-game, and after it was (mis)used on Wowpedia first.
    And besides which, if the Divine Bell was made of chunks of Ra-Den's flesh, he has metal skin. The other things labelled "watchers" are of stone construction, aside from Mimiron, who is a robot. The only thing we know about actual Titan physiology is that they're composed of metal.

  19. #39
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,587
    He's not a Titan. It would make no sense of a Mogu could just go "LOL I'MA TAKE YOUR HEART." Since the Mogu are creations of the Titans then one would wager Ra'den is NOT a Titan but a watcher and or keeper.


    did blizzard put him on wowpedia? or was it a fan?
    You are being obtuse. Fans check very very viable sources to their claims on WoWpedia. The fact Blizzard supports websites like those and Wowhead proves it's official. The only person that is denying it is you for someone that *checks* facts.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-01-17 at 02:46 PM.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    He's not a Titan. It would make no sense of a Mogu could just go "LOL I'MA TAKE YOUR HEART." Since the Mogu are creations of the Titans then one would wager Ra'den is NOT a Titan but a watcher and or keeper.
    cho says he tore the heart of the "mogu god", and that the titans fell silent for generations before the mogu went deranged.

    "you stopped telling us what to do? than F U bitch, we don't need you anymore." *takes heart*
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •