Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    im just going to say this. he isnt a titan. if he was a titan it would be one of the biggest retcons ever. the only beings ever known to have been able to kill a titan is an old god and that was the first time on record that a titan has ever died.

lei shin being able to beat up a titan would be a massive retcon

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 08:21 PM ----------

SPOILERS - Ra-dens voice files.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    The 'titan power level' has been clearly explained, at least insomuch as the specific titans who created/affected Azeroth's history. You can fairly easily surmise their power by comparing them to their opponents, most notably several old gods. In all the battles they had with the old gods, they were never defeated with the POSSIBLE exception of ONE titan, and no one knows for sure if he really died or not. So logic would dictate that titans > old gods, and since the old gods power is fairly well defined, we can interpret at least that titans are INCREDIBLY strong. Not something a mogu, no matter how powerful, could overcome alone.

As for sleeping. I find it a little far-fetched (it was difficult not to use harsher language here) that someone people think is a TITAN, would be 'asleep' on guard duty... right... I can see the lore writer's meeting now.

"Ok guys, how did the Thunder King take this Titan's powers? We have to come up with something good or it won't make any sense..."
    "I GOT IT, he was asleep!"
    "BRILLIANT".

And as for titans being on different levels than the pantheon. Yes, you're absolutely right, by no means are all Titans as strong as the pantheon... however, as many (including most of the crowd who think's he IS a titan) have suggested, Pandaria is one of the most important places on Azeroth (even to the Titans), so why would they send a weaker being to guard it? Even if he's not pantheon level, he's up there for sure.

Which is why in my theory he's the titan that is said to have fallen. The Vale is all about healing powers. Why would the Titans create something liek that after creating the WoE.

When you think of it like that it's not too far a stretch that they Vale was created to heal the injured/damaged titan. As to how Lei Shen got the drop on him? He was powered down or whatever, still recovering. Or maybe he still though that Lei Shen was following his Titanic orders and didn't expect an attack.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Which is why in my theory he's the titan that is said to have fallen. The Vale is all about healing powers. Why would the Titans create something liek that after creating the WoE.

When you think of it like that it's not too far a stretch that they Vale was created to heal the injured/damaged titan. As to how Lei Shen got the drop on him? He was powered down or whatever, still recovering. Or maybe he still though that Lei Shen was following his Titanic orders and didn't expect an attack.
    if he was a titan he wouldve killed all the mogu as soon as they turned to flesh... the titans dont tolerate corrupt servants...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i want a alien world again i want outlands.

the reason outlands was fantastic was because it had unique and varied locations much more then pandaria northrend or even cataclysm

i cant wait for us to go out there again
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    SPOILERS - Ra-dens voice files.

Sounds like Algalon redux.

Not a Titan.

A real Titan would make Deathwing seem like a small fly in terms of power. I would say he is more like Thorim and the others in Ulduar.

I wonder what is at the bottom of the engine that Ra-Den was tasked with watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Sounds like Algalon redux.
    just more angry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis
    im just going to say this. he isnt a titan. if he was a titan it would be one of the biggest retcons ever. the only beings ever known to have been able to kill a titan is an old god and that was the first time on record that a titan has ever died.
    The titan fighting C'thun was never proven to have died; it was only said that he fell. (the questgiver actually points this out)

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if he was a titan he wouldve killed all the mogu as soon as they turned to flesh... the titans dont tolerate corrupt servants...
    They tolerated the dwarves.

They probably wouldn't, however, tolerate one of their kind being abducted.

As for the subject at hand, no, I'm pretty sure Ra'Den is not a titan. Titans are vastly more powerful than any mortal race... the mogu wouldn't be able to imprison him.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-18 at 05:08 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think he will be a mogu-ish titan

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this all boils down to a change of an article.

Ra'den is a titan, but he isn't one of The Titans.
    The Titans are:
    -Aman'Thul
    -Eonar
    -Norgannon
    -Khaz'goroth
    -Aggramar
    -Golganneth
    -Sargeras
    Yet since the titans are complex, (this comes from the RPG books but hold tight) there are lesser titans.
    They are not big and bad like the ones mentioned above. They were created to do the small things like
    watch over installations on planets and the like. These lesser titans make up the keepers/watchers like Loken & Hodir.
    They were made by The Titans like the keepers/watchers made the earthern, the mechagnomes, and such.

Also just because they have metal/stone skin does not mean they cannot bleed. WoW is a fantasy world
    were anything is possible. Personally I have poisoned several ghosts and put bleeds up on several other
    watchers. You can not apply normal rules of science to WoW.

IMO: I think Ra'den like the watchers in Uldum & Uldar made the Mogu out of the Engine of Nalak'sha.
    Because they were his creations Ra'den trusted them, yet after the curse of flesh the Mogu turned on
    him. Lei-Shen being the smartest Mogu lead the rebellion and as a part of his victory carved out
    Ra'den's heart and fused it inside of him thus giving him power over storms. I wouldn't be surprised
    if deep within Pandaria there is another Uldar type facility housing something dark which Ra'den and
    the MechaMogu were suppose to destroy yet it is not fully destroyed and is waiting for us
    in patch 5.4.
    Last edited by Rockwood; 2013-01-18 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Ra'den is a titan, but he isn't one of The Titans.
    The Titans are:
    -Aman'Thul
    -Eonar
    -Norgannon
    -Khaz'goroth
    -Aggramar
    -Golganneth
    -Sargeras
    Yet since the titans are complex, (this comes from the RPG books but hold tight) there are lesser titans.
    They are not big and bad like the ones mentioned above. They were created to do the small things like
    watch over installations on planets and the like. These lesser titans make up the keepers/watchers like Loken & Hodir.
    They were made by The Titans like the keepers/watchers made the earthern, the mechagnomes, and such.

Also just because they have metal/stone skin does not mean they cannot bleed. WoW is a fantasy world
    were anything is possible. Personally I have poisoned several ghosts and put bleeds up on several other
    watchers. You can not apply normal rules of science to WoW.
    I'm fairly certain the "lesser" titans thing has been retconned away, and the concept of lesser titans replaced by "watchers."

Blizzard told us that we haven't seen titans in game... and that was after Ulduar came out. Ergo, by Blizzard's definition, Loken, Hodir, etc (and most likely Ra-den here) are not true "titans," but titan creations.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but they are still apart of the Titan faction I guess you could call it.
    So to us adventurers, they are still Titan (the faction) but not The Titans (magical terraforming super-beings).
    was the point I was trying to get a cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    I agree, but they are still apart of the Titan faction I guess you could call it.
    So to us adventurers, they are still Titan (the faction) but not The Titans (magical terraforming super-beings).
    was the point I was trying to get a cross.
    I don't think a single person in this entire thread would disagree with you that the titanic watchers/keepers and other titan creations are affiliated with the titans. Except maybe internet trolls, I guess they might disagree. The discussion (although I still don't understand how ANYONE can think he actually is one) is whether or not he is a REAL titan.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I don't think a single person in this entire thread would disagree with you that the titanic watchers/keepers and other titan creations are affiliated with the titans. Except maybe internet trolls, I guess they might disagree. The discussion (although I still don't understand how ANYONE can think he actually is one) is whether or not he is a REAL titan.
    Oh I know, and I agree with you. Yet in the Dungeon Journal, I think that the Titan reference is refering to that he is apart
    of the Titan faction and not a magical terraforming super-being. They are using Titan like they use Amani in the Amani Bear
    ie they are using Titan as an adjective describing his origin and not as a noun naming what he is.
    (Yes, Yes, I know WOW and High school grammar don't mix well)

Deleted
    So it seems we will see the Old Gods . Or something about them for sure !
    "The lurking below" either way Sha or the Old god himself only as another prisoner or part of him... Cause if Garosh is trying to fuse with power of Sha , and taking control of it , I think that surely there would be another Ulduar like facility deep in Pandaria with the power or Old God energy.

But still the more closely we get to the history of Old Gods and Titans the interesting it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not if "keeper" is the name of the job, which it is. he is a titan worker. a titan keeper.

going by your grammar, he would be keeping titans. where is the titan he would be keeping?
    Sorry it took so long, power's been out at my house. And to answer your question, if there was an actual titan that ra-den was guarding, my money would be on the waters of the vale. There is a theory that the well of eternity is a dead titan or the blood of the dead titan. And the vale waters, having similar properties to the well means that it somehow us connected to it. So after the titan fell and became these sources of immense power, the titans made/assigned ra-den to the vale to keep that smaller source safe from the mogu or whoever. But honestly I still think the whole title titan keeper is the job, as again the word titan is not in adjective form and is not modifying keeper, meaning it's not referring to a race. But ya know I cant force you to see logic.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Sorry it took so long, power's been out at my house. And to answer your question, if there was an actual titan that ra-den was guarding, my money would be on the waters of the vale.
    why would he stay in the north side of kun-lai if he was to be keeping the waters of the vail in the middle of pandaria?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Ra-Den

That could be , if he's a lesser Titan. Maybe not as powerful as other gang . But a lesser one or weaker group of titans... some kind sub-group...
    And that after a battle with Y'Shaarj . He was badly wounded , and was left in recovery state . I actually don't know ! I may be mistaken about the next part that , Mogu are creation of Titans(as i heard in Spoilers from Audio). While he was in the recovery , something happened to the mogu (curse of flesh , or the influence of the Old God etc.). The mogu made their move , as an Empire . As creations of Titans they knew secrets or the creations of the Titans , and knew where to get the source of power .

Many say that the titans are to powerful can crush etc etc etc.....it's still than strange...Tha The Old Gods...who were more powerful then the Titans...and Titans needed a whole company of Brethren to slay or imprison one , which means they're also powerful but still we get a chance to kill the Yog'Saron....Why it can't be that the mogu dudes have just simply took the wounded Titans (a lesser one) powers. And are draining or keeping him for further purpose...And still a very strange thing . A Titan has Heart , they took his heart (Titans live) ! Does that mean that heart of a Titan is just a simply source of their powers...not just a organ of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post

Mortal Kombat ftw
    Uh-huh. And Subetai is from Conan, right?

Subtle hint: MK did not invent Raiden.