Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry Removing blink?!? Is this for real?

    Blink is one of the things that makes mages who they are. Its the core soul of the class.
    Removing blink and replacing it with a rogue sprint copy is just bad.
    It isnt only a different way of movement, it will change so much more:
    You wont be able to sqeese out that extra dmg before you need to move in/out from somewhere.
    You wont be able to blink to not get fall dmg.
    You wont be able to instantly get back after a knockback or something like that.

    I hate this homogenisation. =/
    Anyone else feel this way?

    Edit: Ok I had probably missunderstood the patchnotes. =) But keep the discussion about this change to the blazing speed talent.. Is it good or bad?
    Last edited by Cyoor; 2013-01-17 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Keyboard Turner Phalanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6
    Glyph of Blink will now increase the movement speed bonus provided by Blazing Speed's by an additional 50%.
    Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will, provides root/stun immunity, and has a 15sec cooldown (down from 25). This ability replaces Blink.
    Blink is not being removed. If you decide to take blazing speed as your talent, it will replace blink.

  3. #3
    What makes mages who they are is Conjure food, water and a table.

  4. #4
    The patch notes might be confusing, but you should read it more carefully .

  5. #5
    Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will, provides root/stun immunity, and has a 15sec cooldown (down from 25). This ability replaces Blink.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Blizz stating that Blazing speed wasn't a popular choice and that they were going to try and make it more appealing. Now, I'm not a masterful Mage by any stretch of the imagination, but wouldn't this change make blazing speed LESS appealing? It is nearly identical to blink in terms of breaking CC and it also has the same CD. Why would anyone take this instead of one of the other two talents? This feels like it would be a glyph slot if anything. I mean, I suppose if glyphed, you could travel a greater distance than you can with blink, but still. Can some explain this?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Blizz stating that Blazing speed wasn't a popular choice and that they were going to try and make it more appealing. Now, I'm not a masterful Mage by any stretch of the imagination, but wouldn't this change make blazing speed LESS appealing? It is nearly identical to blink in terms of breaking CC and it also has the same CD. Why would anyone take this instead of one of the other two talents? This feels like it would be a glyph slot if anything. I mean, I suppose if glyphed, you could travel a greater distance than you can with blink, but still. Can some explain this?
    Well 1 would think so, but as it seems that only thing blizzard seems to have a clue abt when it comes to mages is PvP. Its an OK situational talent for pvp and depends on the level you play, it might get used even, but in PvE.. Oh my

  7. #7
    I'm going to try it out. You can corner with it. Instead of blinking straight forward you can choose where you end up and go around corners for losing stuff.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will, provides root/stun immunity, and has a 15sec cooldown (down from 25). This ability replaces Blink.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Blizz stating that Blazing speed wasn't a popular choice and that they were going to try and make it more appealing. Now, I'm not a masterful Mage by any stretch of the imagination, but wouldn't this change make blazing speed LESS appealing? It is nearly identical to blink in terms of breaking CC and it also has the same CD. Why would anyone take this instead of one of the other two talents? This feels like it would be a glyph slot if anything. I mean, I suppose if glyphed, you could travel a greater distance than you can with blink, but still. Can some explain this?
    Without glyph blazing speed takes you a small distance further than blink, like 5 yards. The glyph doesn't increase that gap very much, they both take you like 5 yards further with glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  9. #9
    Then it seems to me that this talent would be even less attractive than before. Having an extra escape mechanism versus an extra 5 yards would be much more beneficial. I wish they would just make every change they are proposing other than replacing blink.

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    What makes mages who they are is Conjure food, water and a table.
    And blink. Besides that, we're a plethora of homogenization.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    Currently playing a White Mage/Bard in FFXIV and crying that I enjoy healer abuse

  11. #11
    Pit Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,358
    Makes them immune to roots/stuns for a short period, or while the ability is active... don't know how long it is, but that is pretty damn good in most PvP situations. Both work well for PvP, or atleast I'm assuming that, but only blink works for PvE... considering you want to spend less time running so you can spend more time casting and blink is just the right distance to get out of most PvE situations. Don't know why I bother talking about PvP, it's so dead.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    And blink. Besides that, we're a plethora of homogenization.
    I think it's the bright pink dresses. Wait, those are mages, right?

  13. #13
    I don't see any mages picking this talent if they go through with it replacing blink. Why? because all this talent does is replace blink with a spell that isn't on the GCD and gives you slightly more control of where it brings you at the cost of having your character actually move through the area not allowing you to skip past mechanics. If you don't take this talent you are rewarded with Temporal shield which doesn't cost a GCD and is very potent for many raid fights with spike damage, or Ice Barrier which can compensate for poor healing output.
    I like blazing speed as it is now, I actually prefer having it if I know healers wont be struggling with the fight just so I can get back onto my RoP fast and turret more when blink happens to be on CD.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    I'm going to try it out. You can corner with it. Instead of blinking straight forward you can choose where you end up and go around corners for losing stuff.
    What blink should have is a 'move to cursor' option. That would be preferable.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarai View Post
    What blink should have is a 'move to cursor' option. That would be preferable.
    It had. They removed it for various reasons, including ganking from roofs. Mind you, this was during the vanilla beta.

    Though it's not always preferable, as a target selection would require extra time.

  16. #16
    now i'm going to admit i havent played my mage in some time.. does blink still suffer from the terrain issues where you blink but dont move....

    if so i would think replacing it with the blazzing speed talent would be very appealing since it would be more constant... at least for pvp

    but if the terrain issue is no longer the case then never mind!

  17. #17
    The Insane Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    18,157
    Even if Blazing Speed replaces Blink. I'm still not taking it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    now i'm going to admit i havent played my mage in some time.. does blink still suffer from the terrain issues where you blink but dont move....

    if so i would think replacing it with the blazzing speed talent would be very appealing since it would be more constant... at least for pvp

    but if the terrain issue is no longer the case then never mind!
    Would be the case if blizz didn't constantly fix the places blink bugs on, and atm there are not many in the game..

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Even if Blazing Speed replaces Blink. I'm still not taking it.
    Ofc not, blink is way too useful.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Ofc not, blink is way too useful.
    So... This is a copy of blink that renders you immune to CC for the duration seconds and can potentially move you much further than blink.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •