Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Youre right about the speed limit, however its rude and dickish to NOT drive the speed limit unless there are poor roads conditions due to snow or if youre towing a heavy item that forbids you from doing so. There is no excuse for someone simply driving a car on a normal road to NOT do the speed limit.
    I don't understand why going, say, 35 in a 45 zone is such a buzz kill. If you are simply going a few miles the difference in time it takes in a perfect, vacuum like world (no traffic, or stop signs/lights) is negligible. 35 vs 45 over a distance of 10 miles is something around 4 minutes difference. That is not something i am going to get in a tizzy over. And that, again, is with perfect traffic conditions. a flat out non stop 10 miles. In the real world you will seldom average the speed limit, and run the very real possibility of losing that four minutes anyway.

Now I will typically go 45 in a 45 or even 50, but i sure am not going to get worked up over someone who doesn't go the full posted speed limit.

I will also tend to drive under the posted speed on highways. primarily for fuel efficiency. Around 65 is a sweet spot for me and i burn significantly less fuel at that speed vs going a full 70. Granted if I am on a long trip, an extra 5 or 10 knots makes a significant difference. 65 vs 75 over 200 miles is close to 30 minutes.

EDIT: Of course a 4 minute difference in commute, both ways, 250 work days a year. 33.3 hours. That's a day and 9 hours. Christ, that's 55.5 days at retirement.

Fuck it...people need to drive faster.
    Last edited by poser765; 2013-01-19 at 04:57 AM. Reason: fun with calculators.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I don't do it often unless its just ridiculous. I'm in a neighborhood with a lot of bad drivers, people whom believe they have the right of way regardless of the traffic rules. Over the course of years that I've been driving, I noticed I have been honking more, not as a way to be an ass, but as a way to alert other drivers. There are a lot of bad drivers on the road, the horn is a useful tool, don't be hesitant to use it in the right circumstances. Now one thing I do hate about driving in NYC is the fact that some people feel the need to honk the millisecond the light turns green, that's just dumb and every time someone does that to me, I just roll slowly. :x.

Not often. We have a ton of bad drivers where I live. There's a 4-way stop here at a pretty congested area that's particularly bad. People will run the stop sign, go when it's clearly your turn, and so on. I think I use my horn at that 4-way stop more than anywhere else. I've almost been nailed there a few times.

I only use it when it's reasonable though. I don't get behind slow-ass drivers and lean on it or anything like that (though we do have a lot of those here too).
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Not often. We have a ton of bad drivers where I live. There's a 4-way stop here at a pretty congested area that's particularly bad. People will run the stop sign, go when it's clearly your turn, and so on.
    I had an experience at a 4 way stop the other day where this guy was clearly at the stop before I was, I'm talking 6 seconds before. He wouldn't go, so I started to go 20 seconds of waiting later. A few feet in, he starts going. Like, seriously dude?

Four way stops are where you truly find out who the shitty drivers are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I had an experience at a 4 way stop the other day where this guy was clearly at the stop before I was, I'm talking 6 seconds before. He wouldn't go, so I started to go 20 seconds of waiting later. A few feet in, he starts going. Like, seriously dude?

Four way stops are where you truly find out who the shitty drivers are.
    Yeah. The other thing you see really often here is people who drive like 5 feet out past the stop sign THEN stop (with the rear wheels sitting right over the white line). That really just throws everything all off because you technically ran the stop sign first and stopped immediately after, so the guy behind you really has the right of way now, but if he tries to go it won't look like it's really his turn. I hate it when people do that.

This one 4-way stop I mentioned is REALLY bad. I almost wish they could just put a traffic light there or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Had another situation where I honked my car, yesterday. The intersection is a little funny. There's a dedicated lane for right turns, which actually turns into an additional lane on the road you turned onto. As a result, straight and left-turning traffic must wait at a light while right-turning traffic never has to wait for the light, and also does not have to yield to anyone. You simply turn and keep going.

With that said, this lady I was behind turned onto the road and then stopped. She totally, completely stopped. I don't know why you would do this for any reason other than general stupidity. She stayed for a good 10 seconds before I honked and she got a clue. I mean, shit, there weren't even any pedestrians crossing. Wasting my time ffs, nobody at my damn university knows how to drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.