Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lor'themar Theron's new Voice.. or voices? [Spoilers]

PATCH 5.2 SPOILERS LOL

Blizzard, why do you torment me so? You gave Lor'themar THIS bad ass voice.

Then turned around in 5.2 and made him sound like -this- ..

I was so proud of you for a little bit, there. You actually got a good, stand out voice actor for Lor'themar that made him more than just the average Sin'dorei. And ya' bunged it up.

Oks... i feel quite stupid but.... isn't that the same voices? but in the first video he's angry that's why he sound different..., well at least for me is the same and i like he's voice.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-01-17 at 03:37 PM.

Apart from the fact that the voice is almost the same...I dont follow, I still freaking love his voice. Very special from your average Elf.

Sounds like the same voice to me, just has more of an accent this time.

How could those -possibly- be the same voice?

Could be the same voice actor but the voice on the second one is radically different accent-wise from the first.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Sounds like the voice is the same it's just the decibile level is higher. The higher level of tone alters your voice. We all sound different when we raise our voices or when we're calm.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

Sounds like his accent got a bit stronger, though sounds similar enough to me.. quite like the commanding tones.
    subscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

I.. frankly have no idea how any of you can find any correlation between the two voices, but okay.

Can we remove the [Generic Blood Elf Accent] then? Thanks.

If not compared with the angry voice, then yes, these voice samples sound totally different when they are calm. But it could still be the same actor, it's really hard to tell.

deffo not the same voices.

I like the second one better.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

It sounds the same, but as many peeps have said, the accent is stronger. Also, he sounds better and less generic!

The first one never went live beyond the greetings/farewells. They changed his VA to the guy in the second and rerecorded all of his lines (greetings/farewells included) before 5.1.

I vastly prefer the second one. He sounds cool and collected with a dose of passion.

Plus, this one can pronounce "Quel'Thalas."

Definitely prefer the new one.

Then again, I'm a fan of the voice actor in general. Fenris was one of my favourite characters in Dragon Age 2.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256297/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0d2ADi4q0 (minor Dragon Age 2 spoilers, beware), identical voice!

It really doesn't sound the same, but it's still a good voice.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I LOVE the new voice, his voice kinda reminds me of Ser Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones).

I do like the voice actor a very strong British accent coming through me thinks! (in the 2nd clip)

Still hes flipping benches!

Wasn't the new noice implemented in 5.1? He already sounds like this. And it's the same guy who voiced FENRIS from Dragon Age 2!! ^.^ I actually find that awesome! The old voice sounded far too typical of Blood Elves. The new voice is rugged, but also sounds elvish. (And having a british-accented leader on the Horde is epic as well.)

Currently playing World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, and the Mass Effect trilogy. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The first one never went live beyond the greetings/farewells. They changed his VA to the guy in the second and rerecorded all of his lines (greetings/farewells included) before 5.1.

I vastly prefer the second one. He sounds cool and collected with a dose of passion.

Plus, this one can pronounce "Quel'Thalas."
    I kind of have to agree. The first one didn't sound bad, it just didn't sound like a BE. It didn't have any of the 'refined' quality that I would expect of a BE, especially the BE LEADER.