Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The second one is far superior in my opinion. The first one reminds me of an old man who has never before voice acted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd voice is INFINITELY better than the previous. And it's about damn time too, Blizzard has been getting very lax with its voice talent lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE the new voice, his voice kinda reminds me of Ser Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones).
    Aha! so that's the voice it is similar to, been bothering me since I heard it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    perhaps they used different mics for recording each voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

10+ Year Old Account
    His new voice reminds me of the Kormac. I hope he says BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?

I didn't recognize the first excerpts; I do remember the lines, but I'm not sure they were voiced.

The second track is definitely his current voice in-game.

Deleted
    I'm guessing it's the same voice actor, but the method of recording, the tone and/or the quality of the voice over is different.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    perhaps they used different mics for recording each voice?
    This sounds quite likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken from WoWPedia:

Lor'themar Theron was voice by Dave Mallow. Now he's voiced by Gideon Emery starting Patch 5.1.

The 5.1 voice recording was made before Blizzard decided to have Gideon Emery voice him instead. I believe this may have been due to Dave Mallow already voicing other characters and they wanted to create a distinction.

Also I think Gideon Emery's voice acting is superb and fits Lor'themar very well. I hope to hear more in the future.
    Last edited by Silver-Fox; 2013-01-17 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theron's lines were redubbed on the course of the PTR when they got Gideon Emery. I remember that when I did the DO quests I heard him, but I didn't found a video with the same lines in the OP redubbed by Emory.

I did, tough, find a a 5.1 video with other lines voiced by Gideon Emery. (they come just after Jaina) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUWMlAc6gCg

The ability of your average person to find the most inane things to complain about never ceases to amaze me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a video from 5.1 live. Theron has his new voice on there. It starts at 21:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6z6nTCV7w

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    The ability of your average person to find the most inane things to complain about never ceases to amaze me.
    As it amazes the rest of us the need of some people to reply to topics that aren't of any interest to them. It's absolutely baffling!

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its the same played by the guy who did balthier if any of u played FF12
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    As long as it's not Metzen, I call win.

The first one is kinda okay, but the second one is where it's at. It both fits Lor'themar and badassifies him, redeeming his years of inactivity.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    they both sound the same, first is "Angry Brit" second is "Rouse the Troops Brit"

Yup, Belfs = Brits, former great nation/empire, but now we've frakked it up
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Getting past the fact that the first one sounds like Adam West, the new one actually sounds like a Blood Elf, not just an angry Human. Remember, in WoW all the races are identified by their stereotypes, and having a non- or American accent is the hallmark of Stormwind Humans. Now Lor'themar actually sounds like a Blood Elf, but not just any Blood Elf, the king of the Blood Elves, regal. I know he's not actually their king but you get what I'm saying. That first voice kinda sucked to be honest, you probably just think it sounds more "badass" 'cuz he was just angry and yelling the whole time whereas in the new one he's actually having a conversation with the player half the time.

By the way, not sure if it is the same VA, but I don't really care as I think the new one is far superior.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i think its the same played by the guy who did balthier if any of u played FF12
    Oh man I wish, Balthier was like the sole reason I kept up with that game. Talk about hotness.
    Well okay I did like the battle system, too, and the story was actually engaging for once coming from FF stock, and the graphics were nice, and, and...

Deleted
    The second one is the guy who voiced Fenris, for any Dragon Age 2 fans out there

Deleted
    The new voice is waaaaaaay better, in my opinion. He actually sounds like an elf now (commanding, elegant, proud) and not Adam West wearing a pair of cheap Spock ears.

Think Gideon Emery (the new VA) voices some of the cooler Imperial NPCs in Skyrim as well as a whole bunch of other fantasy characters (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256297/). The guy knows what he's doing and sounds cool doing it.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-01-18 at 11:06 AM. Reason: t-t-t-typo!

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    The new voice is waaaaaaay better, in my opinion. He actually sounds like an elf now (commanding, elegant, proud) and not Adam West wearing a pair of cheap Spock ears.
    Glad I'm not crazy for hearing Adam West. Though that would be cool in its own way, but I would hope he wouldn't voice an elf if he were to do a voice for the game. >.>

Deleted
    I like both but prefer the second. Emery's portrayal has both a nice inflection and pronunciation that screams "Blood Elf" and a ruggedness that suits a character like him. He's done a great job in my opinion. And yeah, he does sound like Ser Jorah Mormont, which is even better, lol.
    Last edited by mmoc0d440a836c; 2013-01-18 at 09:50 AM.