1. #1
    The Patient Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    235

    Flash Heal buff?

    Hey all
    Quick question, and sorry if its already been answered in one of the mega 5.2 threads.
    But from reading the following note update...

    Flash Heal healing has been reduced by 30%. A new passive (available at level 10) increases Flash Heal healing by 43% for Holy and Discipline Priests.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a 13% flash heal buff for holy and disc?

  2. #2
    Yep, kind of sucky for Shadow spec though :S

  3. #3
    100 * 0.7 = 70 - with nerf
    70 * 1.43 = 100.1 - if holy and dc

  4. #4
    it's the same.
    1*0.7*1.43 = 1,001

  5. #5
    I don't think so

    Flash heal reduced by 30% means it goes from healing 1 -> 0.7

    A 43% increase to Flash heal means it goes from 0.7 -> 1.01 (0.07*1.43)

    the extra 0.01 is probably due to rounding, besides that its almost negligible

    however that being said, there is a possibility it is a flat out increase so 0.7+0.43. but unlikely due to the wording

  6. #6
    The goal is to nerf the shadow priest healing.
    Flash Heal for Holy/Disc will remain the same.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynette View Post
    The goal is to nerf the shadow priest healing.
    Flash Heal for Holy/Disc will remain the same.
    Well they are wrong. The 25% pvp healing will be added to shadow so it makes it flash already how it it right now on live. Plus most Shadow healing comes from renew and ur lvl 90 talents so it's a buff realy.

  8. #8
    It's likely meant to keep Shadow healing where it currently is and allow for Disc and Holy healing to be improved in PvP.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Well they are wrong. The 25% pvp healing will be added to shadow so it makes it flash already how it it right now on live. Plus most Shadow healing comes from renew and ur lvl 90 talents so it's a buff realy.
    GC said shadow didn't need the +25% buff to pvp healing so they nerfed flash heals healing then just added a passive for holy and disc so it wouldn't change.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    GC said shadow didn't need the +25% buff to pvp healing so they nerfed flash heals healing then just added a passive for holy and disc so it wouldn't change.
    On the ptr i actualy got some bonus healing from pvp power so i guess it's also for shadow. I hope it stays that way.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    On the ptr i actualy got some bonus healing from pvp power so i guess it's also for shadow. I hope it stays that way.
    Shadow gets the healing from pvp power, but they do not need it, so they nerfed the baseline healing of flash heal so that it ends up basically equivalent to live.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Shadow gets the healing from pvp power, but they do not need it, so they nerfed the baseline healing of flash heal so that it ends up basically equivalent to live.
    Dude.. most of shadow healing comes from Renew/Prayer/lvl 90 talents. Flash heals will stay the same with the 30% nerf, but the rest is sort of buffed.
    Not that hard to understand. We cant get away from warriors so atleast we can Renew them to death /sarcasme

    PS: I think it's fair the nerfed Flash heal, buffing the rest with pvp power is also fair since renew and prayer aint healing for much anyway. 7 k per tick with the glyph (even lower then rejuv) just lol.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2013-01-19 at 01:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •