Misdirection cooldown reseting without glyph

hello there fellow hunters. so basically, i have noticed the last 3 days that my misdirection cooldown resets everytime, like if i had the glyph and misdirected to my pet. but now it resets every single time, regardless to who i md. i kinda like it of course because well it's a bit op for pve and dungeons etc. has anyone else got the same 'problem'?

ps. i am using misdirectionhelper2.

It's a bug due to Glyph of Direction. Not really game breaking so I assume Blizzard just hasn't gotten around to fixing it. Been like this since 5.1,

Has it only been this way since 5.1? I feel like its been bugged since 5.0.

Either way, I'm far too used to it now. Hope they just baseline it.

Since 5.0.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794979691

^ Posted in october, about a week after the expansion released.

I wonder why all the hunters in that thread are so angry about this bug. It's like it gives people an unfair advantage of some kind.

Also lol at: "If this is working as intended then every tank in the game that has a hunter in his group needs to do nothing but not stand in the proverbial fire, and all a hunter needs to do is macro misdirect into a few abilities and he can produce normal damage while producing insane amounts of threat for what is literally now nothing more than a meat shield."

It costs a gcd.....
    Last edited by gulder; 2013-01-17 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Yeah I don't wanna get infracted

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    IT COSTS A GCD YOU STUPID COW
    ...Except it doesn't, though. I know for a fact it doesn't in the current live game, but as for the history on that.......

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=34477#comments

^ Since 5.0.4....

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    ...Except it doesn't, though. I know for a fact it doesn't in the current live game, but as for the history on that.......

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=34477#comments

^ Since 5.0.4....
    I seem to be wrong about a lot of things lately. It's not even on the semi-gcd like rapid fire is.

Well, I learned something there. Still can't out-threat an entire raid group so anyone who tries that in a raid will die stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    gees STOP telling ppl

It's not really a big deal. Threat is a complete non-issue.

I find it handy when I'm soloing since it means I don't have to use a minor Glyph to be able to redirect to my pet, but if you just turn Growl on, threat vs your pet will never be an issue either.

If I'm doing a dungeon or something, and basically doing all the pulling for the tank, it's kind of nice, but really the cooldown is short enough that by the time we're done AoEing one big pack down, the cooldown would have been up for the next one anyway. And if it isn't, I can just let them hit with an AoE first before I start Multishotting.

In a raid, I use one Misdirect off the pull (so I can start DPS immediately, even while the tank is repositioning the boss, and also help some others start DPS right away, too) and then don't generally end up using it again regardless, even though the cooldown tends to be up right away.

I won't just not use it, though. I use the visual cue of the larger character to know whether my Misdirection was correctly applied, and I can't be faulted if the ability cooldown doesn't reset properly...

You can't use Misdirection during the GCD, though, as far as I am aware? It's like Rapid Fire in that sense - you can queue it up and then immediately cast something else after it, but you can't use an ability and then Misdirection, since it won't be ready to use yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    You can't use Misdirection during the GCD, though, as far as I am aware? It's like Rapid Fire in that sense - you can queue it up and then immediately cast something else after it, but you can't use an ability and then Misdirection, since it won't be ready to use yet...
    Well I don't really want to mention this all over the place as it breeds bad habits if people decide to pick it up, but you can technically macro Misdirection to Multi-Shot or any other ability it it will go off constantly off cooldown.

Last time I checked this has no downsides for the Hunter in terms of delaying global cooldowns or anything. But because of the reason I just mentioned I don't actually use it. Maybe it got fixed, or maybe I didn't pay enough attention. But I'm quite sure this still works.