Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I thought kaspersky was pretty retard-proof.. Also, what position is it on your list thing? I'm guessing 1 or 2.
    Not my list, OPs... And yes. Kaspersky is really effective, always has been, just hard to tweak.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    AVG Free edition, works like a charm

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people are trying to use using a negative to prove a positive. "I've been using ACME Anti-Virus for 20 years and have never been infected with anything", doesn't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Too many people are trying to use using a negative to prove a positive. "I've been using ACME Anti-Virus for 20 years and have never been infected with anything", doesn't say anything.
    I've been having unprotected sex for 20 years and have never had an STD.

Cause I haven't been checked thoroughly.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2013-01-19 at 06:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can actually recommend AVG Free in all honesty. Checking and recovering other people's PCs is part of my job, and I've found them infected with all kind of things, most of them immediately found by an AVG scan once I brought the machine to my office. So far, it demonstrated it can find stuff that has easily passed through other AV programs, and for what it can't find, Malwarebytes usually can. Using them in conjunction has always gotten me to remove every threat from my clients machines.
    I did run some tests on that as well at first, to make sure it reallu did, using different programs to scan the PC and comparing results and doing manual checks both via stuff like Hijackthis and scanning the registry and the filesystem myself (as I said, I know what to look for in most cases). I have yet to leave a machine still infected with crap after that treatment.

The only case I've encountered so far where AVG was completely ineffective was a ghost DNS malware a couple years ago, but that fucked every major AV program at the time, Norton, Kaspersky and everybody else as well, so it's not really its own negative point. It was one hell of a pain to remove, had to find a very specific utility since the malware was coded to lock down all known AVs.

I hope that's a "positive for positive" approach, for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Webroot.

This past year, they made some amazing changes that brought them into the market as a true competitor with larger antivirus brands.
    It's extremely light weight(716 KB, background services running on anywhere from 4,000-9,000K) all while being the most effective AV I've used yet.
    In the past, I've utilized just about everything. From free to paid as well as military "provided" applications. Nothing has been able to touch on Webroot from my personal experience.

Of course anything can work just fine with a bit of common sense. You might just have to sit down with the miss and teach her the basic rules of safe web browsing.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    I have used Avast! for few years now. It's great. Microsoft Security Essentials (comes already with Win8) is also very good I've heard.

Deleted
    Kaspersky is the best.

I use http://uk.norton.com/internet-security/. It is perfect so far, been using it for 3 years now. Doesn't use much memory, prevents all attacks, works silently on background and keeps my pc clean all the time. I highly recommend it. May find it a little expensive but what you pay is what you get. Check it out!

Used to have avast, but now Im with Kaspersky (paid)
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian