Heroic will 10m help

We're getting ready to start progression tonight and I would really appreciate any tips or advice based on our raid comp. Thanks in advance guys!!!!

Guardian Druid
    Brewmaster Monk
    Frost Dk
    Fury Warrior
    Survival Hunter
    Demonology Warlock
    Arcane Mage
    Shadow Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid

druid symbiosis hunter for deterrence to soak sparks, priest can soak groups of 3-4 sparks with disperse, pally can do the same with bubble. As a mage, I soaked each of the courage sparks with cauterize with no issue. Warrior should be able to tank/soak the strength sparks. Try and come up with a "schedule" based on your cooldowns for each spark. Ours was something like this:

2 rages ---kill together and dps the sparks
    1 strength -- feint
    2 rages -- cc one, fent the second
    1 courage --tank [ each 'block' of adds takes about 1:15 from 1st to 3rd rage spawning]
    1 strength --feint
    2 rages --dispersion

boss spawns

2 rages --cloak
    1 strength --rogue feint
    2 rages --feint one, cc one
    1 courage --mage ---------depending on positioning, dank can soak one with cauterize as well as kam w/ rallying cry +shield wall for his strength's spark
    1 strength --feint
    2 rages --dispersion

break ~1: 15 between rage spawns

2 rages --pally bubble
    1 strength -- feint
    2 rages --feint one, cc one
    1 courage -- mage
    1 strength --feint
    2 rages --dispersion
    break

rages --cloak
    strength --feint
    rages --feint / cc
    courage --mage
    strength --feint
    rages --dispersion

break ******this is where we lust********* no more breaks after this

r --warlock
    s
    r all the same
    c
    s
    rages --dispersion

r --cloak
    s
    r
    c
    s
    rages --dispersion

enrage @ 13 minutes
    Obviously, this is tailored to our raid comp(with a rogue to feint soak). You can even have your DK dps as blood, or just use stam flask/food and soak a ton.

How much does a single spark actually hit for?

Depends on the class, etc. But for me as a moonkin with 15% inherent reduction it hits for about 575k (not using barkskin and all that jazz) So the sparks are not to be trifled with. I was able to live just barely by using barkskin + simbiosis anti-magic shell when I had around 400k hp.

NOTE: we did not use what I said above in our kill tactic, just simply answering your question to give you an idea of the damage.

Gotcha thank you

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:01 PM ----------

Another question

Does any of the Dps stay on the boss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaleques View Post
    Gotcha thank you

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:01 PM ----------

Another question

It depends what kind of dps you have. You can't fall behind on rages or courages. Strengths should never be an issue dying. We're doing it with a single melee though, switched out the other melees for range dpsers.

For a first kill probably not. My group still doesn't leave a dps on the boss when we easily can by now (9 or so kills) but it doesn't make that much of a difference. The enrage timer is relatively easy to manage even undergeared and my guess is if youre just now getting to H will your group should have a pretty high average ilevel with the weeks of gear. So keeping all dps off the boss to help keep it all under control so you get bigger full dps windows on the boss in between mini-phases is what I would recommend.

Obviously all dotting classes or really all dps can and should keep dps on the bosses at all times that they can. There is absolutely no excuse to not be attacking something on this fight.

Multidotters can do their thing when they have downtime, but enrage really isn't an issue as long as the tanks dance correctly and you keep adds under control. Adds are always going to be #1 priority!

is the damage from sparks magic or physical?

Also I thought the explosion was 500k per spark.

[edit] Nature damage. 500k per spark source

[edit2] Nature damage. 750k per spark source

I'm going to assume 750k is the correct one.
    Last edited by Nekked; 2013-01-18 at 01:00 PM.

Magic and yes 750k. All players have a bit of inherent resistance and so it wont hit anyone for 750k and then others like moonkin, shad priest, etc have even more resistance. Realistically plan for it hitting without cooldowns of any kind to hit for 575k-625k depending on class.

]Another question

Only DPS the boss when you have a break between the adds. After the first wave (2 Courage, 4 Strength, 4(waves) Rage) you should have approximately 35-45 seconds of boss DPS time. This would be an ideal place to Lust/Hero

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:42 PM ----------

To add, all other waves after the first are only 1 Courage and 2 Strength.

We just stared work on it this week but our general strat is to have..
    1 melee + our boomkin dotting on strength.
    5 ranged on rages with soaking as follows hunter > spriest > hunter > boomkin rinse repeat! Hunters can get every 2nd set of rage sparks.
    Our lock gets the courage spark.

We tried CC'ing rages and killing 4 at a time but it was a total mess.
    Killing them as they come worked just fine for us.

Did 20 plus attempts on this on Thursday had a lot of issues.

1. Tried CCing First set of adds then killing all four together. But we couldn't kill all four at the same time and the adds where running all over the place. We switched to trying to just kill them and had our best attempt but dps got behind on the strengths,

2. We have a good mage who can blink out of the strength and courage spark.

My big question is should we CC rages or just kill them every wave? I think we have enough CDS to soak sparks since our mage can blink out of them. Just had so many attempts where we wiped at 90%. Any tips or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Did 20 plus attempts on this on Thursday had a lot of issues.

1. Tried CCing First set of adds then killing all four together. But we couldn't kill all four at the same time and the adds where running all over the place. We switched to trying to just kill them and had our best attempt but dps got behind on the strengths,

2. We have a good mage who can blink out of the strength and courage spark.

My big question is should we CC rages or just kill them every wave? I think we have enough CDS to soak sparks since our mage can blink out of them. Just had so many attempts where we wiped at 90%. Any tips or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    Really depends on your comp. Some groups find that aoe'ing 4 is easier but I can't find how. Our guild did a couple attempts that way when we were progressing on it and found that it made everything harder. If you have a mage doing strength and courage sparks then there's no reason to kill 4 rages together. Most groups doing that have limited number of classes that can soak sparks and thus that's how they do it.

Also keep in mind the very first wave is by far the hardest. Mostly with the 5th set of adds and handling the courage at the same time. If you find a good way to Aoe them down, I would only recommend cc-ing the 5th wave and killing the 5th and 6th together to then get on the boss for the interlude. And to correct what Zie said two posts back, there's 6 Rage waves, not 4 in the first phase. And then 3 Rages every next. Basically the first wave is a double of every next one which is why it's harder. Much easier to get behind on dps. I think we killed the boss the 2nd time we made it through the first wave cleanly. So don't worry about 90% wipes, that's when it's the hardest.