Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Because then you'd be whining about how they don't let us get enough rep points per day and that you're tired of doing the same thing over and over.

    This is a good change and I welcome it.
    This will end with forums full of "Now I have to do even more today" threads, Its a move in the right direction but still not fixing the real problem. Some people HATE dailies. Personally I do not. I like having one faction to work on at a time. The beginning of the xpack kind of sucked, what with 5 sets dailies. But that time is past and I got my Ambassador kite.

    Blizzard has stated many times they do not want to force people into doing things. Well now what they have done is basicly added another daily. One that will most likely reward a lot of rep. The "I must get it done NOW" crowd (of which I am not a member of) will point this out and whine about it just like they do with dailies and CRZs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  2. #62
    And people will whine about this increasing the "daily chore".

    Unless they make the fatal mistake of adding a daily rep limit, and letting you reach it without touching a single faction quest.
    Boom, factions are once again meaningless.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And people will whine about this increasing the "daily chore".

    Unless they make the fatal mistake of adding a daily rep limit, and letting you reach it without touching a single faction quest.
    Boom, factions are once again meaningless.
    There are ways around that. First of all, you can only get the rep from a dungeon once per day. Which means someone who refuses to do dailies can only get that rep for one faction per day. Someone who is doing dailies as well will be done will all of them faster. Second, Blizzard could easily build the system in such a way that you are forced to do at least the story related quests for each faction. That way the faction lore is still relevant at least.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  4. #64
    Dreadlord Brightamethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kyaro village
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Why does it have to be dailies or tabards? Cata had it the best imo, Ramkahen, Twi-Hi, etc. had both dailies to do for rep and a tabard to champion with. That is an option
    Relatively few people did those dailies though because the tabard was faster, easier, and didn't have a per-day cap. Why would I spend weeks doing therazane and highlands dailies when I could just stand in Org/SW spamming dungeons and be exalted with every single faction over the course of a weekend?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    There are ways around that. First of all, you can only get the rep from a dungeon once per day. Which means someone who refuses to do dailies can only get that rep for one faction per day. Someone who is doing dailies as well will be done will all of them faster. Second, Blizzard could easily build the system in such a way that you are forced to do at least the story related quests for each faction. That way the faction lore is still relevant at least.
    I know, but I think this is a mistake.
    So now you can earn reputation from instances. If it's only once per day, will people who wants "alternatives" (which they don't, they want factions to be a tabard) be content with that or feel like it's too little?
    Will they start demanding Lesser Charms as well?
    Will they then keep complaining about dailies still yielding more?
    Will they keep going on and on until they add a daily reputation cap?


    This is a slippery slope change and I cannot see how it'll quench the daily haters. As mentioned above, they will either
    See it as another chore, since you still need to do dailies for either charms or additional daily rep
    or
    Demand a cap or way to earn all the daily rewards without touching a single faction quest.

    Blizzard can't satisfy the players who somehow think that because they find something dull and repetitive in an MMO, there should be another way to do it. One that ultimately makes factions nothing but a rep bar again.

    Now, the hardest thing about advocating dailies being the sole source of rep and charms is... well, how many do actually enjoy it? I only do dailies max twice a week. I do them when I want to unlock a certain item. I don't particularly like them, but I feel like there's a reward at the end. A necessary evil in a genre that needs to gate their players.
    I fear that the whining about being "forced" to interact with factions will keep forcing Blizzard to make changes like this that'll ultimately end up with no one doing dailies, because running dungeons is better and faster.

    And poff, back to Queueaclysm.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-17 at 08:28 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Actually he does that the whole time, might just want to ignore it. Or have a look at his linked character and you can see that he has no idea what he is talking about because he has never even done any daily quests or reputations.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/reputation/

    I don't grind dailies cause I'm a casual player and am not stupid enough to burn myself out on one aspect of the game. That's ok though, your personal opinion seems to be the only thing that matters in this thread since everything you say is right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. It's ok. We get it.

  7. #67
    Dreadlord Brightamethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kyaro village
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Blizzard can't satisfy the players who somehow think that because they find something dull and repetitive in an MMO, there should be another way to do it. One that ultimately makes factions nothing but a rep bar again.
    It's not unreasonable to for people to want options and it's not unreasonable for the there to BE options.

    That being said, as much as I really with there were more options for rep, I think what we have now is probably the best model. Even if tabards came back and rep per day was capped most people would probably still use tabards exclusively because it's easier. There just isn't a reasonable way to balance dailies vs tabards rep gains like that and I think the system we have now is the lesser of two evils.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The real question is, will it grant you a fixed about of rep at the end of the run, or it it from killing mobs and bosses like normal?

    If it's the latter everyone will just run whichever instance gives the most rep every day.
    Since it states "first" I'd say it will be tied in with the rewards from doing LFD/LFS.

  9. #69
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,713
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Great now In order to max rep out I have to do dailies AND heroics and a scenario. Why can't they just put a daily cap on rep gains per faction?
    Okay, they can remove the dungeon/scenario rep gain. Then you'll only have to dailies.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its a nice chance but it would be even nicer if they did it like the valor from hcs in cata, where you could get a weeks worth in one day, but then none for the rest of the week. would make me happy. but this is a welcome change.
    Agreed. There are days that I have the time and feel like doing tons of dailies. I can rep out my week that way. With the current system I miss days every week just b/c I do not have the time and some days I just can't stand to do another daily.

    This change does help though.....at least a little bit.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And poff, back to Queueaclysm.
    That's something that I hope does not happen, and I don't think it will come to that. I'm hopeful that Blizzard does not take it that far, as I honestly believe that while it may be more convenient for the players, that it is not healthy for the game overall. So far Blizzard seems to be pretty adamant about sticking to the idea that there ARE options available, even if they are not the most optimal or efficient way of doing things. The only place that argument fell apart was the lack of viable alternatives for gaining rep. Now that one exists, I think they will be able to hold the line here, as it is harder to argue for everything being equal across all aspects of gameplay than to argue that people are being forced into one singular activity.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  12. #72
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,799
    The real question is, will it grant you a fixed about of rep at the end of the run, or it it from killing mobs and bosses like normal?

    If it's the latter everyone will just run whichever instance gives the most rep every day.
    Likely fixed and very likely tied into the random heroic first day thing, to prevent what you say.
    Good decision, should have been in the game from the start.

    Hope they go back to 7xHc per week instead of 1 per day.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    It's not unreasonable to for people to want options and it's not unreasonable for the there to BE options.

    That being said, as much as I really with there were more options for rep, I think what we have now is probably the best model. Even if tabards came back and rep per day was capped most people would probably still use tabards exclusively because it's easier. There just isn't a reasonable way to balance dailies vs tabards rep gains like that and I think the system we have now is the lesser of two evils.
    It's simply a battle of design, time:reward and keeping factions relevant to progression.

    If dailies is the single source of reputation and charms, of course there'll be conflict.
    Now it won't be, but it doesn't resolve the issue of those who think they need to cap everything every day.

    Dailies aren't "fun" per se, some might think so, but if players could get the same reward from doing dungeons (which already has its own rewards), and there's a cap, then of course players will choose that route. And thus faction quests becomes obsolete. Queueaclysm.
    And if there is no cap, we're back to the same square again. Players feeling like they need to do dailies to stay competitive (which is nonsense)

    I suppose we need something like this.
    Rep is capped at 2500 per day.
    You can earn 1000 from dungeons alone. You can also earn maybe 15 lesser charms.
    The rest comes from dailies.

    But that doesn't resolve the issue as a whole, as said, dailies would still be necessary to cap.
    Hence why I think this change is a slippery slope that risks forcing even more "choice", until factions in the world is obsolete again.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-17 at 09:01 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    But why did you push to exalted? All the gear is available at revered. You spent way more time than needed. Don't tell me you wanted easy mounts and vanity items, because if that is your point, well I have no pity.

    I did all to revered except Klaxxi and Golden Lotus so I had access to gear, and frankly even on my alts (5 90s) it isn't that bad with the double rep. I am so confused at the people bitching about how hard it is. They are fast and done (revered) fairly quick. I even have the 5.1 faction done on my main and revered with an alt. my main doesn't even do dailies as I have been done for weeks and have enough coins for 8 weeks of turn ins.

    When I see people still crying about the effort, it tells me then didn't put in the effort yet, other wise they would have been done a month or more ago.
    Explain: How is doing dungeons and gaining the same amount of rep per day MAX as I was from dailies "easier" then doing dailies for the same amount of time. "Ease" has nothing to do with it. Dailies suck. Doing them over and over and over again is boring and time consuming and wasteful.

    You keep confusing the word "hard" with the phrase "WASTING MY GOD DAMN TIME DOING THE SAME POORLY DESIGNED BS OVER AND OVER AGAIN". There is nothing hard or challenging about your daily accomplishments. You just sat and sank the time. I've got better things to do, things with friends(who aren't interested in rep), things that are FUN. Klaxxi and Lotus have gear at exalted thats better then raid finder drops.

    And finally, I pushed to exalted because I wanted the Exalted rewards. If they don't put any gear at Exalted and stop tabard gain at revered that's fine too, though there is still no sensible design behind it other then forcing to people to dailies. And the dailies suck, they are no different from any other hole-in-the-wall quest you find leveling. It's artificial content and it's garbage and I don't need to be spending my money every month to be forced into doing them. Make another option for people who don't like dailies. Why is it the prerogative of everyone of this forum to complain and try to force people to do bullshit like walk around, not have flying mounts, and generally make the game shittier. None of us are asking to take away dailies, we just want OPTIONS to play the game in a way that is fun.

    If I can get rep CAPPED AT THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF REP I WOULD GET FROM COMPLETING DAILIES, why is it a problem for you? Why does it bother you so much that I, gasp, get to enjoy playing the game I paid for? Why does it bother you so much that you can't fathom me being able to take a path to the rewards that I enjoy, that is flexible with the time I can play every day, enables me to gain rep while playing with friends who have no interest in rep and/or who played and finished the reps before me.

    Regardless of how much or how little time you or I spend in game, we both pay the same sub. We're both equal customers. I am not satisfied with the product so I am going to express that until it is up to my standards.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hope they go back to 7xHc per week instead of 1 per day.
    Pretty sure they changed that because now every heroic run gives Valor Points. The first one for the day gives 80, and all the runs following that give 40. The reason they did the old change was because the first run (or first seven runs) were the only method to get Valor at all without raiding, not even mentioning the fact dailies now also give a small amount of Valor.

  16. #76
    Now to watch people leave the dungeons with the least trash, wait out their deserter buff and queue again, hoping for a trash filled dungeon.

    Yeah this will be a great solution to the whiners.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Why does it have to be dailies or tabards? Cata had it the best imo, Ramkahen, Twi-Hi, etc. had both dailies to do for rep and a tabard to champion with. That is an option
    They had dailies, but no one did them. Why would anyone do them if you got more rewards by doing dungeons? JP, VP and items.
    Which of course leads to "if no one wants to do them, why have them in the game?"
    Because they are meaningful. They keep players in the world. They slow down progression, by a reasonable amount.

    As soon as dailies become obsolete, we're back in Cataclysm where no one felt the need to leave the capital.

    Blizzard should make options yes, but as soon as someone can earn enough rep and charms from "options", they become void and unnecessary, and from a design POV, that is NOT what they want with MoP.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Only my first sentence was directed to you specifically. Thus why I separated the second point into a new line and addressed it to "people".

    I liked WotLK, but it was way too accessible. You may have had no complains about having nothing to do, but you can't deny it was one of the biggest (unwarranted, as always) complaints the fanbase had. Being able to get an alt to 80 and be raid ready after a week (mere days, if you were diligent) was not something I particularly agree with. So they start gating content, and adding more things to do and all people can do is complain again some more.
    Because if you are interested in raiding all they have done is slow the game down for you and add in a bunch of crap you don't want to do to fill the time you can no longer spend raiding(the thing I enjoy)

    See, I'm the reverse of you. I hate dungeons, and would rather do progressive dailies (Shieldwall, not so much GL/SP). You can't assume your opinion is universal. Either way, I'm not against having a champion system that lets you get rep from dungeons with a daily cap set to the same as daily quests. But what they're doing now isn't that different...they haven't said how much rep you gain per dungeon or per scenario. Heck, depending on how much they do give it could even be your idea but quicker and more efficient.
    I don't assume my opinion is universal. Thats why I never ever said "Take away dailies and screw the people who like them" like the people against tabards have done to me. Keep doing your dailies, by all means. I am SO GLAD you like them.

    I despise them. I don't want to be forced into them. I want a CHOICE. And I also don't want to be forced into the world so I can be in the backround of someone else's screen to enhance their experience. I happen to like my capital cities
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-01-17 at 09:09 PM.

  19. #79
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,397
    Not what I was hoping for, but depending on how much rep is rewarded, I may or may not be pleasantly surprised.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  20. #80
    Dreadlord Brightamethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kyaro village
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    I don't assume my opinion is universal. Thats why I never ever said "Take away dailies and screw the people who like them" like the people against tabards have done to me. Keep doing your dailies, by all means. I am SO GLAD you like them.

    I despise them. I don't want to be forced into them. I want a CHOICE.
    There isn't really a choice though. Whichever one is more efficient becomes the 'right' choice and everything else is a waste of time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •