Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Excuse me? I don't personally think a change goes far enough, so I am being negative? I don't like the current reputation gating system, or the dailies gating system.

I want the game to be more open, flexible and you should be able to gain reputation for many, many other things. I'd personally like to see it so we can Champion a Faction, and what we do around the world, doing quests, events, dailies, heroics and much more go towards that reputation, but make it much cooler then a silly tabard.
    They tried that in Cata, where doing a rep just meant dungeon running. And fun fact, Cata was stupid in that you spent all of your time in Stormwind. It doesn't take all that many days of dailies to finish off a faction - I only resubbed in December, I leveled 2 different chars to 90, and now my main is exalted with golden lotus/klaxxi and shado-pan and celestials are coming along quickly. Dailies get you out in the world, and there is definitely something to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It all comes down to this.

Either factions in the world are relevant, or they aren't.
    Making dungeons award sufficient rep and charms will take us back to Queuecraft.

I want the game to be more open, flexible and you should be able to gain reputation for many, many other things. I'd personally like to see it so we can Champion a Faction, and what we do around the world, doing quests, events, dailies, heroics and much more go towards that reputation, but make it much cooler then a silly tabard.
    Which may sound good on paper, but would ultimately lead to players again running dungeons, because it's the easiest most rewarding way to do it. Choices in an MMO aren't real choices if you can find one that is the most beneficial. That's why the tabard system doesn't work, and the reason why rep was from only one source until now.

Because most players always choose the easiest most rewarding route.
    So, either players accept that they will need to do some dailies to stay ahead, or they accept that they will be slightly behind those who engage in the world factions.

Or maybe this would work:
    You can get equal amount of reputation from dungeons (slightly less) and dailies, but only dailies award charms. Should upset the least amount of people I feel.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-17 at 09:21 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    There isn't really a choice though. Whichever one is more efficient becomes the 'right' choice and everything else is a waste of time.
    SO then the better option is to leave a badly designed, slow, repetitive, and in my opinion, completely crappy game design in place? Where I to understand it from everyone line "It's your CHOICE to do DAILIES MAN" "You don't HAVE TO". So then the people who like dailies can choose the slower, more boring, less inclusive, and all around crappier way to play and the rest of us can get on with the parts of the game we like.

If everyone stops doing dailies to get rep from dungeons, doesn't that tell you there is something wrong with the daily gating design? Doesn't that tell you that that isn't what people want? I know the "path of least resistance" thing will come up, but hell, if I had to do 3 dungeons every day to get the same rep I would from the dailies I would do them. Because I can do dungeons with friends, dungeons offer rewards that appeal to people with different interests and at different points in character progression. It can be fun and challenging to try and blitz them as fast and in as few pulls with as little downtime as possible.

When I ask my friends or trade or general "Who wants to group and do some DAILIES BABY YEAH WOOOO" no one is excited or interested. They want to go do things that are fun. Not sit through blizzard ringing out months after months of "content" from "Go to A, kill B, loot C, repeat 12 times, return to A" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Oh and by all means leave the charms attached to dailies. I have no problem with that. I can get the 90 I need every week by picking the dailies that I find fun, in zones I like, or if I log on and only have a certain amount of time, the quickest. That offers some flexibility. Holding the game ransom behind daily quest gated reputations does not. It's bad design.
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-01-17 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    Explain: How is doing dungeons and gaining the same amount of rep per day MAX as I was from dailies "easier" then doing dailies for the same amount of time. "Ease" has nothing to do with it. Dailies suck. Doing them over and over and over again is boring and time consuming and wasteful.
    Applying that logic, I could say I want set pieces but I hate raiding. Let me get set pieces from pet battles. If I want set pieces, I have to raid. If you want rep gear you have to earn it by doing menial tasks for that faction.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    They had dailies, but no one did them. Why would anyone do them if you got more rewards by doing dungeons? JP, VP and items.
    That's simply just not true. I did the dailies every day.

People just stopped doing them after they got Exalted.

The same way I've just drop dead quit doing dailies at revered after recieving the rewards that I wanted.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I ask my friends or trade or general "Who wants to group and do some DAILIES BABY YEAH WOOOO" no one is excited or interested. They want to go do things that are fun. Not sit through blizzard ringing out months after months of "content" from "Go to A, kill B, loot C, repeat 12 times, return to A" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    Um... that pretty much describes a dungeon too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Still dosen't do much. I'm hoping 5.3 will bring back wow's real grinds. The once that you can do at you're own speed, wearing no tabard for it, not questing for or daylies.

I miss grinds like goblin rep, Winterspring, Argent Dawn, Cenarion Circle and so on. Yes there a pure mob kill grind, but thats totally fine for me. I did loads off thoes, and never minded it. I was exalted with Argent Dawn inn classic wow as a druid, and that was totally fine spending so much time on killing stuff.
    That's dailies, the only reason dailies are daily is because otherwise the zone would be flooded 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Applying that logic, I could say I want set pieces but I hate raiding. Let me get set pieces from pet battles. If I want set pieces, I have to raid. If you want rep gear you have to earn it by doing menial tasks for that faction.
    But here is where the logic fails. "Rep" gear has nothing to with reputations its gear for raiding, it's gear that is better then what drops in LFR, in every expansion I played I could go get that gear without reaching exalted with a reputation. In cata the epics you got from rep were inferior to epics bought with valor but you could get them quicker to get some gear while you grinded valor

So this is like "I want raid gear! So I have to....quest?"

That or bring back valor vendors for gear but don't lock them behind reps. Then I wouldn't care how fast or how efficient my rep gain was.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...k-rep-tabards/

Originally Posted by Draztal
    For 5.2 you will be able to champion a faction and earn rep with them on your first heroic and scenario of the day
    thoughts on this? seems like a nice extra. it'll probably be as an alternative to doing dailies that day.
    sadly as someone with their main exalted with all factions andf 4 alts revered atleast there is no incentive for me to run the daily scenario/hc if they only award rep

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    We'll have to wait and see. I imagine you'll be able to run a dungeon and do a scenario for rep and then if you wish to do some more you can do some dailies. If that's how it works, it's a decent compromise.
    ive been asking for this compromise for a while glad they listened

Nice with at least a little bit of extra rep, sure won't mind that even though I gladly do the dailies.

Um... that pretty much describes a dungeon too.
    I can do dungeons with friends who are doing them for gear, justice points, valor, etc. Dungeons with friends > Dailies by myself. When I ask if anyone wants to do dailies, no one does, because they suck. It's a common opinion that they suck. Everyone logs on and bangs them out as fast as possible by themselves because there isn't much fun to be had coordinating a daily quest run.

With dungeons there is tons of fun to be had chain running them down as quickly as possible with the least amount of pulls, gathering the biggest sets of mobs. In my opinion it's a lot of fun and I enjoyed chain running dungeons to gear up people in WoLK very very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, because of all of the WoW community's incredibly negative complaints about dailies, Blizzard decides to actually listen to them and make it to where you can get to exalted with a reputation without ever having to do a daily again... and now they are complaining this isn't good enough... FFS actually use your brain and think for once, Blizzard is giving you exactly what you wanted (reputation without dailies) while still maintaining the ability to do dailies for rep, so stop all the complaining! Buncha whiners I swear...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    So, because of all of the WoW community's incredibly negative complaints about dailies, Blizzard decides to actually listen to them and make it to where you can get to exalted with a reputation without ever having to do a daily again... and now they are complaining this isn't good enough... FFS actually use your brain and think for once, Blizzard is giving you exactly what you wanted (reputation without dailies) while still maintaining the ability to do dailies for rep, so stop all the complaining! Buncha whiners I swear...
    No.

Giving people what they wanted would be returning tabards in addition to keeping the dailies. They system they had for Ramkahen and (especially) Wildhammer/Dragonmaw was perfect. But then people bitched and moaned because they are incapable of thinking for themselves and picking from choices so Blizzard, in their common knee-jerk ways, bowed and took out a perfectly good system so that we would have no choices.
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-01-17 at 09:37 PM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    If the rep bonus from the heroic and scenario is equal or better then you'd gain from doing the dailies, you might have a point.

Oh and by all means leave the charms attached to dailies. I have no problem with that. I can get the 90 I need every week by picking the dailies that I find fun, in zones I like, or if I log on and only have a certain amount of time, the quickest. That offers some flexibility. Holding the game ransom behind daily quest gated reputations does not. It's bad design.
    It's objectively good design because it keeps people playing in the world. That was Blizzard's goal, and they accomplished it.
    If you have an alternative to non-instanced repeatable content that keeps people both playing the game day after day and in the open world, then by all means share it with the class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The mere fact that you can be able to "champion" a faction is ludicrous to begin with. Factions only give a shit about what's happening in dungeons that concern them. It made no sense in Cataclysm, and it makes no sense now.
    When you champion a faction you are out in the world doing good deeds for others on behalf of the faction you are championing thus improving the way the world views the faction. Thus it is only normal that you gain in stature (rep) with them the more things you do when championing them.

It makes no sense that they only care if you take out X mob in instance A ONLY. It however makes perfect sense they would reward you for bettering there image around the world rather than just helping them with there internal problem as this would lead to more people learning about them and more members joining and championing there faction.

the tabard system made perfect sense!

What you posted is the equivalent of saying no one cares about there county's Olympic team at the olympics even if they are wearing there contrys jersey because the events are happening in another country!

Seems like a good way of doing it.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Giving people what they wanted would be returning tabards in addition to keeping the dailies. They system they had for Ramkahen and (especially) Wildhammer/Dragonmaw was perfect. But then people bitched and moaned because they are incapable of thinking for themselves and making choices so Blizzard, in their common knee-jerk ways, bowed and took out a perfectly good system so that we would have no choices.
    It's not real choice if one option is obviously superior to the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not real choice if one option is obviously superior to the other.
    And yet people play every class and every race...
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

It's pretty lame, but they looooove to trot out the excuse that they want to prevent people from hitting exalted in a few days. Nevermind that it was pretty rare for all bit a minuscule portion of the population that did it, and nevermind that there would be a number of ways of preventing it. It's pretty clear that there is a concerted effort to gate things so that you log in every single day of your life, and this is a tiny attempt to to appear to listen to the gamers that don't want to have daily chores whilst still adhering to the "log in every single day" directive.