Poll: Dating people with a handicap.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you ever date/Begin a relationship with a handicapped person?

People are pretty picky about looks and personality. But i'm wondering how you guys feel about being in a relationship or dating a person with a handicap?
    By that i don't mean people who can't think for themselves or the mentally ill.
    But more people who are lets say, Missing a leg or arm, Born with half a brain (they still function normally) Can't walk, Blind, Deaf and go on.
    Or do you feel like the person has to be "perfect" I think having all organs and limbs in place counts as perfect? in a physical way.

And if you were in a relationship with someone who was fine at first but then Had one of the above handicaps, Would you still stay with the person or feel like you have to end it there?
    This does not mean that you activly go search for handicapped people and make it your fetish. but more like if it were to come on your way!

For me i think it would depend on the handicap when it comes to dating someone, If i was a in a relationship where the handicap showed up later so to say, It wouldn't matter for me.

What about you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the handicap. Missing a hand/foot or something like that is no problems, even all the way up to an entire leg or arm missing. I have a cousin who was born with only one hand, and it never really seemed to bother her. And she's awesome at the piano :P

But I think it would be a bit weird if we're talking like, both legs/both arms missing.

On the other hand, I'm only 21, and talking on a hypothetical subject, so my answer may change depending on who/what I end up spending my life with :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I don't see why not.

For disabilities like the ones you mentioned (blind, deaf, amputee, etc) then I don't have any issue with it at all.

I probably wouldn't if they were severely physically handicapped (like, need live-in full time assistance), but realistically, that's probably an unlikely scenario for someone to have a very active dating life anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I don't know if I would start a relation with a handicapped person, I think it would depend on how much they would depend on me, I like independend people.
    But I sure as hell would never dump my partner if they became handicapped.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2013-01-17 at 05:30 PM.

Depends what you count as a mental handicap.

No but if the person and I had relationship before an accident and became handicap, I would stay in that relationship if we were really in love before that

Don't mean to be a poll troll, but can there be a option for, "Depends on the Handicap and person?"
    Because if the person was my wife, I would continue the relationship.
    But if the person was some random girl with a mental handicap that made her crazy violent, then no I wouldn't.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-01-17 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I don't know if I would start a relation with a handicapped person, but I sure as hell would never dump my partner if they became handicapped.
    I wanted to post something like that.

Well, I'm always afraid to tell possible relationship-persons that I have Asperger (I act totally normal so nobody will notice it unless I tell them).
    Scared it might scare ladies off I suppose D:

I wouldn't mind a missing hand or arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Well, I'm always afraid to tell possible relationship-persons that I have Asperger (I act totally normal so nobody will notice it unless I tell them).
    Scared it might scare ladies off I suppose D:
    Well my GF has Aspergers and at times it can make things really difficult, however I wouldnt leave her over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Don't mean to be a poll troll, but can there be a option for, "Depends on the Handicap and person?"
    Because if the person was my wife, I would continue the relationship.
    But if the person was some random girl with a mental handicap that made her crazy violent, then no I wouldn't.
    I don't know how to add another poll option after it has been made =/ Though a mod can change it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the person.

And if I was with someone and they became handicapped I wouldn't leave just because they were now handicapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    blind or deaf is no issue.

missing parts or deformities depends.

mental handicap? never. i cannot bear it. i would go nuts. same around children and old people (dementia and that stuff).
    psychological things are another thing (if it counts as a handicap). but there are so many differences so i'm not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well my GF has Aspergers and at times it can make things really difficult, however I wouldnt leave her over it.
    I agree on the autismic syndrome & difficulty part, great to hear that people actually sit through it with their lovers.
    On a side note, my relationship with a "normal" girl was far better then with a girl that had PDDNOS (low Autismic syndrome)

As for me, I could live with someone having one less arm or leg, aslong as it is not a thing such as the Elephant man has.
    Heavy mental handicaps are a big no-no for me as well, such at retardation and heavy autism.

Deleted
    If it's a person that I was already in a relationship with, that wasn't handicapped, then yes, I would definitely stay with that person.

No idea though if I would ever go into a relationship with someone that is already handicapped, I guess it depends on the person and how handicapped he/she is and what exactly is the person missing(like an arm, leg or wtv).

Deleted
    I'd be fine with most things. Missing limbs could cause a problem for me though. I wouldn't be able to act casually and therefor never land a date with such a person. Deaf or mute wouldn't be an issue for me, I even prefer the latter

No, I'll pass on this. I had to live with someone that's handicapped for quite sometime. I'm not willingly going to get put back into that situation again, not when there's loads of normal people out there.

Voted no i dont think i could, as i consider handicap to be more than most handicaps are, so truthfully it would be "depends on the handicap" but considering i already mentioned i dont mind very light ones, i went for no.

wouldnt start one, but if partner became would likely stay, depending on handicap, not one to be bound by guilt, would be the persons best friend but depending on the cap could or could not end it...
    Sounds rather shallow i know.

I wish I could put "it depends on the person" but that would be a damn, dirty lie.

I mean even if I really really loved somebody, if that handicap prevented us from sharing physical intimacy, or perhaps other important parts of our lives with each other, then there really would be no relationship to be had.