1. #1

    DPS balancing on N Sha of Fear

    Hi Everyone,

    My group had it’s first full night on normal Sha last night, and I just can’t seem to get the right DPS balance. We finally started getting the panda platform under control, but it seems like we are just not getting any damage on the boss. We are running 2 healers, but have 3 or even 4 available if needed. I know we are behind this tier, but please resist the urge to answer with something along the lines of “step up your DPS newb!!!!1!!1!!!!”

    I’m at work now, but will post logs when I get home. DPS is averaging 65-70K on this fight, and that is with all of the target switching.

    I’m stuck with either:

    A.) Damage on the boss but adds start to pile up and overwhelm healers
    -or-
    B.) Adds are under control but almost no damage on the boss.

    My raid comp was:
    Guardian Druid
    Blood DK
    Disc Priest
    Resto shammy
    Ele Shammy
    Frost DK
    S. Priest
    Destro ‘Lock
    Enh Shammy
    Balance Druid

    Thanks for any help you can provide!!

    ~shpinx~

  2. #2
    When people get back from the small platforms, they have a buff which should allow them to clear any adds left every time.

    Priority should be adds, and dps the boss when you move in safety zone for the fear breath. At 20% you can start ignoring the adds.

    Other than that, the key to this fight is make sure the archers don't get healed so you get out of the platforms faster, by making sure no orb isn't soaked.

    Honestly, adds do avoidable damage, so they are not such a big deal if your raiders don't stand in purple stuff.

    You run 3 dot classes in warlock, shadow priest and boomkin.. I really fail to see how damage on the boss while killings adds would be an issue.

  3. #3
    two heal, then just have dps kill adds when up usually we have the 5 not on the cackle platform kill until there is just 1 add remaining then focus on boss. when the people return with fearless debuff they clean up that 1 and any others that have spawned. This is from the perspective of a dps, we honestly never really talked about it, we just killed adds when there was a few up. If you can manage dps for garalon, the guy should fall over as long as you're getting back from pandas before next 5 are sent away.

  4. #4
    2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps.

    Focus adds first, then boss. You can tunnel the boss around 20% if enrage is a problem. If you have enough dps to get back from platforms in time every time, you have enough dps to kill the boss.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Pippo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps.

    Focus adds first, then boss. You can tunnel the boss around 20% if enrage is a problem. If you have enough dps to get back from platforms in time every time, you have enough dps to kill the boss.
    This.
    The more time you have left to the next Ominous Cackle when the shrine is cleared, the more time you'll have for enrage. It's a simple way to evaluate if you'll beat the enrage.
    Make sure the globes are soaked, don't have one person pick every one as they do damage and more important, they increase the runic power reg, rage reg, mana reg for healers, energy reg etc..
    During Death Blossom, let the tank pop a CD and stay outside.
    And concerning the adds outside. After the last Breath of Fear before the cackle let the dps already spread out and damage the adds. Before the shrine group returns, you need communication from the platform group, for example "We'll get the adds without your help, focus on Sha with your 60% dmg buff" or "Please kill adds first".
    This really helped us coordinating the damage.

    Panda/shrine example: In the week of our first kill, the shrine groups were so fast that the Panda was dead about 20 seconds before Cackle. We had plenty minutes left on Enrage, it was ridicoulus.

    This week (different setup) we were struggling a lot more and had only 5 seconds left on Cackle, I (warrior tank) even had to take the Reaching Attack from the Sha 1-2x because we were so slow at the shrine. So the other tank was already flying away when I just arrived at the platform.
    In the end, we had 10 seconds left on enrage lol.

    Feral Druids and DPS Warriors are really good at the shrine, they're able to bust the hell out of the Panda with the increased resource regeneration of the globes.
    And those two were missing this week, it was really remarkable.

    Good luck OP!
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2013-01-18 at 08:49 AM.
    The roots of evil are deep. Irreversibly so in the hearts of men.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    My group had it’s first full night on normal Sha last night, and I just can’t seem to get the right DPS balance. We finally started getting the panda platform under control, but it seems like we are just not getting any damage on the boss. We are running 2 healers, but have 3 or even 4 available if needed. I know we are behind this tier, but please resist the urge to answer with something along the lines of “step up your DPS newb!!!!1!!1!!!!”

    I’m at work now, but will post logs when I get home. DPS is averaging 65-70K on this fight, and that is with all of the target switching.

    I’m stuck with either:

    A.) Damage on the boss but adds start to pile up and overwhelm healers
    -or-
    B.) Adds are under control but almost no damage on the boss.

    My raid comp was:
    Guardian Druid
    Blood DK
    Disc Priest
    Resto shammy
    Ele Shammy
    Frost DK
    S. Priest
    Destro ‘Lock
    Enh Shammy
    Balance Druid

    Thanks for any help you can provide!!

    ~shpinx~
    I think it's just a gear issue, which results in the DPS issue you're having. We have no problems with raid average ilvl of 493+. Farm some more imo for your listed comp to work. Oh and afflic is 10 times better than destro and every other class atm.

  7. #7
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I think it's just a gear issue, which results in the DPS issue you're having. We have no problems with raid average ilvl of 493+. Farm some more imo for your listed comp to work. Oh and afflic is 10 times better than destro and every other class atm.
    Waiting till you outgear content is wrong and shouldn't be taken seriously. If this guild is progressing on Sha then good for them.

    You should keep on progressing and be patient. This fight has a long enrage timer and you should have plenty of time to DPS down the adds with the current gear.
    Good luck on your progression and one more thing.. Don't think of progressing on sha as being behind on raid content, take your time and progress in your own speed.

  8. #8
    A tip for your DK (if he isn't already doing it) - he can AMS the breath, meaning he can stay on the adds for every other breath, this should increase his dps uptime on the adds.

    The people left on the main platform should aim to kill 2 adds before the cackled group returns, then focus the boss, people returning need to clear up any remaining adds. The fearless buff makes you immune to the breath so don't worry about running in straight away when you return from a platform.

    At ~20% just nuke the boss, the bolts are easy to avoid

    Good luck!

  9. #9
    The thing about the boss is that you need to burn the add and kill him around the time death blossom ends, otherwise the other group will be sent down and nobody will stay up. One thing you can do is always have 2 adds up, so when 4 comes, you kill two - the reason is that the bolts are really easy to avoid, and even if you take 1-2 of them it doesn't do much difference. GL.

  10. #10
    We focus on side of adds and when the group get back they burst the opposite side down. We never have a problem with having more than 2-3 adds up at once.
    Tenser @ EU-Auchindoun
    Officer of <WTFlux> 2-day-weekend-raiding-guild, T14: 8/16HC, T15: 2/13H
    Warlock POV - streaming raids on sat/sun 10am-2pm GMT+1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •