EU RELEASE DATE: WII-U/3DS - 22/3/13
    AUS RELEASE DATE: WII-U/3DS - 23/3/13

Free Demo Download: Wii-U/3DS - 2/21/13

Changes from Monster Hunter Tri

35 new monsters, including many subspecies
    4 new weapons! The Hunting Horn, Bow, Dual Swords and Gunlance
    HD Graphics!
    Dynamic Shadows
    The target camera! Turn your camera to the monster (Not a true lock on!)
    Mountain Stream Area
    Tanjia port! The new online city.
    G-rank! Get amazing looking armor and fight exceptionally tough monsters
    And much, much more!

For more info, click here.

Other Info:

Will have USB Keyboard support in addition to Gamepad keyboard
    Voice chat using Gamepad mic
    More info regarding external headsets is coming
    Off-TV play (Post-release patch)
    US and EU cross region play (Post-release patch)

Last edited by Arkenaw; 2013-03-01 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    It's games like this what makes Nintendo stand out against it's competitors. Definitely buying the console after price drops.

Deleted
    going to be awesome.. hopefully ive finished a couple more runs of dark souls by then

I'm pretty excited for this. I bought Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, but I almost never set my Wii up because that means I'd need to unplug my PS3 and move it, and since I play the PS3 the most whenever I play consoles, I almost never bring out the Wii. But since this is coming out for 3DS, I am super stoked! I really love the game, even though I haven't played much of it. Kind of sad about no online for the 3DS though. ): I heard it isn't as fun when you play by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just starting to get into the franchise. Hope it's not too late.

But it's definitely too early to buy a whole console for just one game. At least for me.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    It's looking very interesting, but I'm not sure how much of my cup of tea it is. Think I will try it out, thus far my Wii U is mostly gathering dust (though that is due to the lack of a functioning screen with hdmi input, need to solve that first lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, This is yet another reason I must buy a N3DS (Pokemon being the other, as I've not played a Pokemon game since Red&Blue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I'm just starting to get into the franchise. Hope it's not too late.

But it's definitely too early to buy a whole console for just one game. At least for me.
    It's never too late, the series doesn't really have a story, so you're not missing out by skipping games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    It's never too late, the series doesn't really have a story, so you're not missing out by skipping games.
    Obviously, my concern here is not the story, by the playerbase for the netplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not too sure what you mean, there will be plenty of new comers, a good idea is to find some friends to hunt with so you don't have to deal with elitists, or to get the best gear possible offline before going online.

Deleted
    I heard this in my head, when I saw that this game is coming to Wii U.

I never managed to fully play Monster Hunter 3 on Wii, since I never got a Wii of my own, but this time I will get a Wii U, and surely get this game. As said before, it's games like these that truly makes Nintendo stand out more than anything else. This is now a must buy for me, I will get a Wii U and this game, even if it is only for this game, I'm sure many other titles will come in time for the Wii U like the famous Smash Bros and Zelda titles, Mario too of course.

If you talk about how people act, it's hard to avoid in any game, but you don't need to group with these kind of people, just leave them. If you talk about how many people there will be playing, I think Nintendo is making a good move here by making online gaming free. You don't need a sub fee like Xbox Live needs, for example.

This opens the game up for so many more people.
    Last edited by mmoc6e23abdef8; 2013-01-21 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...so you don't have to deal with elitists...
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    If you talk about how people act, it's hard to avoid in any game, but you don't need to group with these kind of people, just leave them.
    Okay, it seems you have misunderstood me. My concern is actually not about the quality of the players, but quantity. As I said, I see kinda pointless getting a new console full price just to play a single game, so I plan on "getting into" the franchise starting with PSP titles like MHFU. And I'm kinda worried if somebody still plays it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, it seems you have misunderstood me. My concern is actually not about the quality of the players, but quantity. As I said, I see kinda pointless getting a new console full price just to play a single game, so I plan on "getting into" the franchise starting with PSP titles like MHFU. And I'm kinda worried if somebody still plays it.
    Well, PSP titles don't have direct online access without using adhoc party and even then, only a few people still play it. Monster Hunter Tri's online servers will be shut down in April, cutting out over half the games content (a mistake, in my opinion). Unless you really want to see the older gen 2 monsters I don't really recommend starting with Freedom Unite, as the game has very bad weapon mechanics and broken hitboxes. Each game is an improvement from the previous for the most part, sort of like an expansion, but not really.

I'd recommend trying out the demo of ultimate (from a friend or a retailer) in February to see if you enjoy the series and not judge the series on older games. If you really enjoy it, it would be perfectly fine to get the console for a single game, some people put thousands of hours into monster hunter games. I personally have 500 hours in Tri and it has less than half the content of Ultimate.

Regardless of what you do, it's great to see a new hunter and I hope you enjoy the series

Deleted
    Thats quite reassuring for me. Im intending to get the latest once its released, since i have a Wii U, and was just going to ask if it was necessary to play the older ones. Question answered before i could ask it

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad news, looks like servers are going to be region locked (not really a surprise, but disappointing).

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_...on-locked?pg=1

Deleted
    id rather have minimal lag and wii u community groups will make it easier finding people to play with anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    The demo is now available to download in all regions from the Nintendo E-shop on both the Wii-U and 3DS!

Deleted
    The demo is now available to download in all regions from the Nintendo E-shop on both the Wii-U and 3DS!
    Sweet, whenever a demo is available, you know the developers are confident enough in their game. Demos>advertisements. :P

Hmm I don't have a wiiU but I don't know if I should get one and get this game or just get MH Tri Ultimate for the 3DS? Anyone know what the big differences are between the two versions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hmm I don't have a wiiU but I don't know if I should get one and get this game or just get MH Tri Ultimate for the 3DS? Anyone know what the big differences are between the two versions?
    3DS cannot go online, local hunts only.