5.2 = What's the most 0 skill faceroll healer (no offense, want to reroll one).

What healer has the least skill required to play yet still manages to be extremely effective.

We're talking about mediocre levels of skill here with 200ms latency. I want to play a healer so I can have an easier time doing cross-realm tier 14 hardmodes and join guild run tier 15 stuff.

You are going to get every possible answer here. Your best bet is to play around with them at lower levels or on the PTR, and just pick the one you enjoy the most.

Deleted
    I'd say disc or sham ^^

One of the easiest to learn to due a small tool box is a druid. But there are balancing issues especially in 25 man which is why they are getting an across the board buff in 5.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by incroyable View Post
    I'd say disc or sham ^^
    He asked about 5.2. So no. Go away.

Deleted
    it completely depends on the raid makeup (healer composition and ranged/melee ratio), raid size (10 or 25, normal or heroic), what method of healing you use (healbot, clique, mouseover macros, ...), what style of healing you want to use and even what boss you're doing. for example, paladins, shamans and holy priests are more reactive healers, since they have mostly reactive spells, while druids and disc is more a combination of proactive healing/shielding and reactive topping off. if you prefer one of those playstyles, then you're naturally going to be less effective at the other one.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    drood, spread HoT and let the others heal single target (200ms is kinda high for that job)

Deleted
    This thread will be like this;

Troll 1: Class X is the most faceroll. I play Y which is the healer with highest skillcap.
    Troll 2: Lol you fkn retard. Class Y is the easiest one BY FAR and so is class X. class Z needs the best skills to be good.

And this goes on forever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    This thread will be like this;

Troll 1: Class X is the most faceroll. I play Y which is the healer with highest skillcap.
    Troll 2: Lol you fkn retard. Class Y is the easiest one BY FAR and so is class X. class Z needs the best skills to be good.

And this goes on forever...
    ... with the occassional unconstructive post like yours.
    I would say Shaman. There isn't really a lot to watch out for.

If you are saying you have terrible latency and are terrible at playing a healer, why do you think you will be able to do tier 14 hardmodes, unless you happen to outgear it, which will probably be impossible unless you are farming tier 15 at the least. There are so many mechanics in tier 14 that will still 1 shot you/wipe the raid if you are doing the tougher heroic content.

The entire post makes it sound like you want to be 'that guy'
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman is relatively simple. It is the only healing class I have extensive raiding experience with. Once you get the basics down (drop that healing stream totem yo) it's simply about optimizing cooldowns. Every class has nuance and can be played amazingly by an experienced player with some finesse, BUT all the healing classes are easy to understand at a baseline level (in my opinion). Find the playstyle you enjoy most and pick a class that suits it and I think you will find that to be the "easiest."

It obviously takes practice to get used to the details of any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If you are saying you have terrible latency and are terrible at playing a healer, why do you think you will be able to do tier 14 hardmodes, unless you happen to outgear it, which will probably be impossible unless you are farming tier 15 at the least. There are so many mechanics in tier 14 that will still 1 shot you/wipe the raid if you are doing the tougher heroic content.

The entire post makes it sound like you want to be 'that guy'
    Currently done 6/16 heroic and quit, so I'm not dying to 1-shot mechanics. Also I said my skill level is mediocre not terrible so as long as I play an easymode class(like warlocks in BC) it doesn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    One of the easiest to learn to due a small tool box is a druid. But there are balancing issues especially in 25 man which is why they are getting an across the board buff in 5.2.
    I wouldn't say a hot class with mastery buff to monitor would be "least skill required to play yet still manages to be extremely effective." (op's quote). You could argue its easy to play (I kinda agree) but wouldn't say its (extremely) effective lol

I think a pally would be my answer for OP's question. Even though pallies have a shit ton of things you can use (LoH, BoP, etc etc) I wouldn't say you need too do much more than the basic spells that all healers have (i.e. cheap/flash/large heal spells etc) while keeping beacon on tank. Off corse, u won't be performing at its best but just keeping the basics of any healer class can take u pretty far with a holy paladin. Well, maybe the fact that you have holy power could be a complication factor...

As for other classes.. Disc priest? I think of rapture trancking and 5.2 nerfs and I say no. Holy priest? stance dance with chakras, no. Monk? not anymore, u actually have to know its class now to perform well. Druid? answered already, no. Shammy? Hum, maybe easy to play its basics but you actually have quite a lot of cds to learn when to use them...

I've healed on a druid since the end of WOTLK with 200+ ms since I play on the EU realms all the way from India. It's a bit of trouble if your goal is to top the meters in heroic fights (can still be done, mind you) but if you simply want to perform well enough to keep the raid alive, a druid would be pretty good with the HoT based playstyle. I've healed up to Heroic Shek'zeer with this latency before my guild took a break.

We might become slightly more complex in 5.2 with the revamped mushrooms, but the rest of the toolbox should be more than enough for older / fun raids.
    Ashr

Deleted
    Right now, probably disc priest. Spam PoH + shield someone who takes damage for mana, profit. I heard disc is nerfed in 5.2 though, but unless playstyle changes, I think it'll still be the same.

I main a holy paladin and have played all healers in a raid environment. (*edit - i also play on 200 ms)

I would say that disc priest/resto druid is the easiest and mistweaver is the hardest. Whenever I play my disc im astonished at how easy it is to do massive hps without gear. This won't change much with the 5.2 changes - the disc nerf is not as significant as it first appears, and druids are getting blanket buff.

If you're only interested in playing at the minimum level of effectiveness - then theres also very few decisions to make - most of their abilities are just used on cooldown (make a weakauras for each and rarely have to think about it), then all you have to decide is which group to PoH and when to use spirit shell.
    Disc is definitely the way to go if you want to be viable without trying to maximise your playstyle or efficiency.

I main a holy paladin, and have lvl 90 priest, shaman, and monk alts with which I also heal.

I'd say that holy paladins are the easiest, most forgiving healer. You just put beacon on the tank, cast light's hammer on cooldown, use holy shock on cooldown, cast holy radiance if you can hit 4 or more people with it, and spend your holy power on light of dawn ifit won't be overhealing a lot, word of glory on the low health people if it would.

It's not the ideal way to play, but by just doing this you can very easily do extremely well. You will be doing plenty of easy, uninvolved aoe healing with LoD and Holy Radiance, and you'll be doing enough tank healing through beacon that, when people look at the meters, they can't yell at you for spending all your time aoe healing to win the meters, because it'll look like you're still trying to save the tank. The mastery is also extremely forgiving of poor play; even if you do overheal for huge amounts 30%+ of your "healing" will be in the form of mastery shields that can't overheal (they can go to waste, but that takes 15 seconds, where overhealing is wasted instantly).

You can also bubble to avoid most retard checks at least once per fight.

I would say that paladins are still a pretty involved healer when you start doing a little more advanced stuff like EF blanketing instead of spending HP on LoD, move beacon around all the time instead of just keeping it on the tank all the time if the tank doesn't really need it, proper use of cooldowns and hands, etc, but at the very basic level hpalas are extremely strong, extremely easy to play, and extremely forgiving of mistakes.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

No idea how it will look like in 5.2 cause im not sure of anything after what blizzard did to mistweavers in 5.1 -_- but if i had to vote for one i would vote for ... hm disc ? but its mainly cause i always liked disc most cause it always seemed liek retardproff spec -_- but on the other hand most guilds already have discs due to how good they are in 5.1 so maybe a resto druid wont be to bad idea too ? But seriusly after what happened to MV i wouldnt speculate to much how everythign will look like in 5.2 cause it can all change dynamicly overnigth ><

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    I main a holy paladin and have played all healers in a raid environment. (*edit - i also play on 200 ms)

I would say that disc priest/resto druid is the easiest and mistweaver is the hardest. Whenever I play my disc im astonished at how easy it is to do massive hps without gear. This won't change much with the 5.2 changes - the disc nerf is not as significant as it first appears, and druids are getting blanket buff.

If you're only interested in playing at the minimum level of effectiveness - then theres also very few decisions to make - most of their abilities are just used on cooldown (make a weakauras for each and rarely have to think about it), then all you have to decide is which group to PoH and when to use spirit shell.
    Disc is definitely the way to go if you want to be viable without trying to maximise your playstyle or efficiency.
    Someone hasn't seen the 4-5 new nerfs to disc. Also Resto shaman won't top the charts in non-progression fights, but it is easy to learn and do ok with.

10+ Year Old Account
    These kind of threads are pointless and aren't allowed here.