Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizz should just add a new tier of weapons. Back in vanilla those who had epics were tops. Starting in TBC epics became common. They should have epics (everyone has them), legendaries (quite a few people have them), and artifacts (only a few per server since they are so tough to obtain).

IMO

There has not been one Legendary in this expansion yet. All we have gotten are gems which are more of a cool quest line reward than anything.

Wait untill 5.3 or 5.4 and we will probably get a Legendary weapon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Yes you did. 25man was considered Heroic mode during Ulduar and Naxx times, you couldn't get it in 10man. Don't confuse Hard mode with Heroic mode like so many people do today.
    You didn't have to do it with 0 keepers which was the defacto HC mode at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Linking today's achievements after they changed them to prove a point you clearly lied about? Fail more.
    The fact that they changed the achieves surely indicates that they didn't consider those modes "heroic difficulty".

It's a bit round about but my argument stands. In no way were they "heroic modes" by the definition of the term today.

Oh, and just for reference, just because I forgot that the prefix "heroic" was added prematurely before they had ironed out what a "heroic mode" was supposed to be doesn't make me a liar. Lying is when you intentionally deceive.

Anyone who raided that content should be able to tell that the hard modes in ulduar were the precursur to heroic difficulty, and that achievements like no frost res on Sapphiron or "the immortal" were the closest thing Naxx had at the time.

Deleted
    And here we have yet another Jaylock troll/flamebait thread. how is he still not banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    And here we have yet another Jaylock troll/flamebait thread. how is he still not banned?
    Because he is so good at it. I mean, people obviously want to discuss this. It is a divide in the playerbase. He's actually fairly adept at finding these hot button issues.

Kudos.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    it wont make any difference to a guild in progress since bonus 500 on some stats isnt game breaking in any way and wont gibe you advantage over a guild who has 10 of those weapons with 0 gems.
    If you think that +500 stats on every player in your raid wont make a difference you are severely mistaken.

We may as well stop buffing/enchanting/flasking/feasting - surely such little amounts of stats don't make a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Because he is so good at it. I mean, people obviously want to discuss this. It is a divide in the playerbase. He's actually fairly adept at finding these hot button issues.

Kudos.
    People get banned for less than the bullshit threads he seems to crap out daily. he needs to go. Permanently.
    Without even reading this thread, i can summarize it: people are giving valid arguments, jaylock ignores said arguments and picks out the bad ones to respond to.

I do kinda agree with the OP on this. I guess there has been an overall design shift throughout the course of the game, with each expansion having more options and being more open to more casual players. But it just seems silly to call them legendaries when you can finish the first part by queing and AFKing. The next step is just Valor capping for 6 weeks and then 2 BGs and getting a group in trade chat to kill a dude.

Also, while people say wait til 5.3 or 5.4 to see how the Legendary weapon part of it turns out, I think it's pretty safe to assume that if they made the first part doable through LFR (and arguably more efficient through it), then they're not going to all of a sudden make the last step some incredibly difficult, exclusive task.

Just seems silly. I get that many people will be happy that they got a Legendary but...just doesn't feel legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    The wording of legendary is subjective just like the wording of epic is. All they are are pixels with names and different colors dictating the relevant power of the item on the current playing field of the game. The definition of Legendary does not relate to rarity, but actually relates to a feat of great triumph.

That and you are playing a game that has evolved from the days that legendary's are super rare drops and needed thousands of hours of crafting to a game that wants to give all that work toward it achieve legendary status. You can't tell me 6 years and running with no second binding is balanced, or 4 years running and neither warglaive. along with 3 years and no bow. Still only have 5 of the shards of Val'nyr after 3 years as well and a half completed shadowmourne on each str dps class.

A class specific legendary design as well is very flawed, especially when items that are dropped from bosses must be force fed to your best raider of that class. The new legendary system allows everyone who actively works toward a legendary status to have the ability to over the course of the expansion (getting 10 sigils of each type, getting a slow rep from neutral to honored, then to revered, 6 weeks of valor capping and whatever comes forward for meta designs in 5.3). These tasks are by no means difficult by subjectivity, but you cannot "easily" acquire one in comparison to what you must do to say get a heroic weapon or any other kind of item in this game.

So in conclusion, one should not compare the path to acquire previous legendary's to the current legendary path, but compare to how difficult it is to get this legendary compared to getting a heroic or normal weapon, or better a set of shiny purple gear.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Well, we haven't seen a legendary yet. Its just two gems, legendary or not, who cares, since they are sitting in epic stuff.
    I'm quite happy, btw, to be able to obtain at least something legendary, since my class was always hated by Blizz and never chosen to have a personal Legendary.
    And, for some refresh, its kinda nice to gear myself with legendary stuff, instead of being forced to help some caster dps or whatever goddamn else another idiotic dd, who will have his legendary and then just leave us and apply to the guild with better progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    That's rich considering the blatant inflammatory content in some of your posts. At any rate, even if Jaylock were just trying to goad people into flaming him and not simply espousing an opinion that may be unpopular, it's not his fault if the individual person is unable to restrain their e-rage. A flamebait only works if you bite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss some new information on the legendary? Did we get clarification that it is going to be available to everyone without requiring serious raiding?

Because unless there was some new information come to light recently, it sounds like we're getting upset over something we're totally assuming about in the first place. Which is silly.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The wording of legendary is subjective just like the wording of epic is. All they are are pixels with names and different colors dictating the relevant power of the item on the current playing field of the game. The definition of Legendary does not relate to rarity, but actually relates to a feat of great triumph.
    Let's also keep in mind, ofcourse legendaries were harder to get in vanilla - you had to wait weeks of raiding to even get an epic in vanilla sometimes.

Should we start saying "the only epics were vanilla epics" since badge gear was introduced in BC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ateish would like to have a word with you.

Twin Glaives of Azzinoth would like to have a word with you.

Thoridal would like to have a word with you.
    All 3 of those were luck based. Even Nihilum didn't have any glaives drop for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and if there hasn't already been a warning (I just got here, haven't had time to read back), please stick to discussing the topic and not other posters. Too many people derailing the thread discussing their irrelevant feelings toward certain individuals.

And if there has been a warning then, uh, listen to it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If you think that +500 stats on every player in your raid wont make a difference you are severely mistaken.

We may as well stop buffing/enchanting/flasking/feasting - surely such little amounts of stats don't make a difference.
    Well you need to remember that everyone in your raid group needs to have Sha weapon so he/she can socket that gem. JC can create 3 ( if i remember right ) gems that are close to quality as this so called legendary is, yes it is a profession thing but still same quality ( bit less stats ). And no it wont since as I said, many casters would get or try to get Elite dagger since it has better stats ( when upgraded ) then Sha touched weapon with +500stats gem and many would save DKP points for that since killing that boss on Elite mode is easy.

Also keep in mind that for some classes those +500tats dont make a dig difference, like Guardian druid.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Because unless there was some new information come to light recently, it sounds like we're getting upset over something we're totally assuming about in the first place. Which is silly.
    Except most of us arguing whether legendaries which are easier to get should still be considered legendary, not citing MoP as a specific example.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    My thoughts are that you are a terribly annoying person, and you never ever have anything good to say about the game. You incessantly create posts, with none of them lauding the developers of the game. You do however openly criticize their decisions on a nearly daily basis, and it's really getting old. I actually would love for you to no longer be able to post on the forums. Mods, any help here?

That said. I appreciate the efforts that Blizzard is going through to include more players. Furthermore, your lack of infinite wisdom does not lead you to be able to supposed or understand what their end goal is of the legendary, so your thoughts are merely directed at interim legendary items that are being placed into armor as a supplement to overall power. I for one, appreciate this. After bouncing around classes for the last 3 expansions and never being the class that gets picked for a Legendary, I have to say. It's awesome. At least I get something.
    Thanks for summing up what I was thinking, Don't think he's ever made a non crybaby post.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well you need to remember that everyone in your raid group needs to have Sha weapon so he/she can socket that gem. JC can create 3 ( if i remember right ) gems that are close to quality as this so called legendary is, yes it is a profession thing but still same quality ( bit less stats ). And no it wont since as I said, many casters would get or try to get Elite dagger since it has better stats ( when upgraded ) then Sha touched weapon with +500stats gem and many would save DKP points for that since killing that boss on Elite mode is easy.

Also keep in mind that for some classes those +500tats dont make a dig difference, like Guardian druid.....
    +500 agi makes no difference? This is news to me.

I'm not saying there isn't better gear. I'm saying every bit helps, and 500 is a pretty big bit.

Sure, it would also help if your whole raid was JC/Enchant for optimal proff bonuses. No one is arguing it wouldn't. These bonuses aren't mutually exclusive.

The fact is, for a lot of classes, the legendary gem is a no-cost massive upgrade to a top of the line weapon. Which makes it pretty damn good to me.

Deleted
    Let's also keep in mind, ofcourse legendaries were harder to get in vanilla - you had to wait weeks of raiding to even get an epic in vanilla sometimes.

Should we start saying "the only epics were vanilla epics" since badge gear was introduced in BC?
    You're a fucking joker, you know that? Getting epics wasnt hard in vanilla. never was. people were just clueless about the game because it was new.
    Molten core was a joke that could be done with 25 out of 40 people. Blackwing lair starting amping up the difficulty, but not by alot.

The only hassle in getting epics was getting raid ready and collecting 50 sets of different resistance gear for every obscure boss because they had no real mechanics.