Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I do think if you can get the legendary from just LFR, it's kind of a cop out - legendaries are supposed to require time and skill, not just time. I see people mentioning things like the war glaives and thoridal, but at those points in times, those bosses presently a challenge to people.... with LFR, u can just afk thru it lol. Let me put it to you this way, they may as well start handing out legendaries thru pet battles and things like leveling fishing.
    They may as well start handing out legendaries to the people who can crank out the most argumentative fallacies. You'd probably be first in line, congratulations.

  2. #322
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,007
    People need to get over themselves. Now that it is shoved in our faces it is suddenly a problem, as if the staff in cata was fine.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Because a good portion of the WoW community aren't hardcore gamers... they got into WoW through friends or family and never really had any passion for MMO-RPG's... slowly they started voicing their opinions and made arguments that they pay the same as everyone else and deserve to have the same gear as everyone else... from there gear was made easier to get so that everyone can feel like a special flower and now enough people are admitting that they suck at the game so now blizzard has to make more content available for the mass. Not once when I used to play did I care that I never got a legendary... that's the whole point of them... to be legendary and if everyone gets one... that defeats the whole purpose. It's little things like this that are slowly ruining the game and at this point, they've tacked on quite a few things that make me hang my head in shame.

    W/e... it's things like this that will make people get that feeling like there's nothing to do and that everything is highly repetitive. Shortly everyone will have the same gear and there won't be anymore diversity among skill... for everything will be so easily accessible, there won't be any real legendaries.
    How dare Blizzard want to get more people involved in the storyline in their game! Then when it's no longer relevant at least people will go back and run the raids again since raids with legendaries have the highest replay value. What a bunch of idiots they are!

  4. #324
    legendaries stopped being legendary when during wotlk every warrior dk paladin had a their spirit bomb axes.

    Legendaries were well, legendary when there were few on any given server (maybe max 6 on a single server during first two years of bwl's release? they were legendary in rarity.

    Legendaries now are not legendary. they are just as common as greens were during vanilla wow. hell there are epics that are more rare than legendaries. (link any vanilla Naxx items they are all much more rare than any legendary since wotlk.)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2013-01-18 at 05:58 AM.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    The guys not even special like if this person has been here in cata he would know mostly even medicore guilds ran with legendaries; In BC even garbage guilds had legendaries because all it took was RNGl
    This is complete crap because this assumes the guild could kill Illidan. Very few guilds could kill him. Even fewer guilds could kill Kil'Jaeden. Look at the mass spam of your trade channels for those garbage guilds, because good ones dont spam trade to find players.

    I was here in Cata, and I did see several garbage guilds with staffs. It took time, thats all it took. Thats not Legendary, thats called retarded common bs. What makes a weapon legendary is that it is RARE, VERY RARE. When you saw a rogue in AV with the twin blades of azzinoth, people ran from him, and you knew he was bad ass.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ZulZul View Post
    Please do more research before you post trying to sound all high and mighty. Both of the bolded items were DROPS from the boss, hence part of the RNG. There was no collecting items from anywhere, or defeating multiple bosses to acquire them. They were kill, loot, equip.
    You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

    To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

    Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

    Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

    Fast forward to today:

    Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

    Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.

  6. #326
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock
    -snip-
    So...time sinks. You call time sinks as legendary-worth content. There was nothing extra in doing all the stuff for the Illidan's weapons. You killed bosses that were already there.

    MoP is a time sink. Its a longer time sink than any of the other time sinks.

    Thus its the best legendary. Using your own logic.

    The end.

    Or you're saying that RNG is a good method for legendaries. To that I'd say "lol."

  7. #327
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is complete crap because this assumes the guild could kill Illidan. Very few guilds could kill him. Even fewer guilds could kill Kil'Jaeden. Look at the mass spam of your trade channels for those garbage guilds, because good ones dont spam trade to find players.

    I was here in Cata, and I did see several garbage guilds with staffs. It took time, thats all it took. Thats not Legendary, thats called retarded common bs. What makes a weapon legendary is that it is RARE, VERY RARE. When you saw a rogue in AV with the twin blades of azzinoth, people ran from him, and you knew he was bad ass.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:16 AM ----------



    You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

    To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

    Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

    Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

    Fast forward to today:

    Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

    Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.
    I'm not even going to dignify this with a huge response.

    Over 20 people explained to you how you're wrong.

    Let it go and accept it.

    Stop trashing on WoW just because it grew up and moved onto better things from TBC.

    Christ.

    If you're not gonna read the shitstorm you brought on yourself, don't make the thread and expect the bashing you're going to get for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  8. #328
    Legendary means its cost alot of time and other stuff to get it. in vanilla and tbc Legendary where legendary. but wotlk alrdy changed that by alot. and cata its not even funny. every night there was some1 who completed there Legendary stuff. so its was not common then.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

    Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

    IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.
    If you were a caster in DS and you applied to any top 50 guild. The first question you got was do you have a legendary. If you answered no There 2nd question was can you play healer MS and dps if we need you cause your not gonna be able to compete with the other 12 legendarys we recruited. BL, vodka, methoid all had like 15-20 legendaries on there roster during DS. Stars bragged about having 27 main's/alts with legendarys during ds progression.
    Mohots---Main
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main
    WhaleWars Alt

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is complete crap because this assumes the guild could kill Illidan. Very few guilds could kill him. Even fewer guilds could kill Kil'Jaeden. Look at the mass spam of your trade channels for those garbage guilds, because good ones dont spam trade to find players.

    I was here in Cata, and I did see several garbage guilds with staffs. It took time, thats all it took. Thats not Legendary, thats called retarded common bs. What makes a weapon legendary is that it is RARE, VERY RARE. When you saw a rogue in AV with the twin blades of azzinoth, people ran from him, and you knew he was bad ass.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:16 AM ----------



    You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

    To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

    Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

    Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

    Fast forward to today:

    Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

    Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.
    and cata was? almost every night there was some1 who completed the Legendary staff on my server. yet you sound this out in MoP?

  11. #331
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    960
    So basically this is boiling down to the classic "Angry hardcore players, mad that the 'filthy casuals' now have access to more content" :/

    Grow up, WOW did. They playerbase changed and so did the design philosophy. You aren't forced to play it and if you don't like it, there's plenty of other games or life activities you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

  12. #332
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,466
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and cata was? almost every night there was some1 who completed the Legendary staff on my server. yet you sound this out in MoP?
    Agreed.

    A legendary is something you EARN.

    Not based off of a simplistic weapon dropping.

    Not from farming over and over.

    Sure, 5.0 had you doing that and 5.2 probably will too, but it wasn't excessive.

    And this questline spans an ENTIRE Expansion.

    If you want it, you keep doing the Questline, and in the end you're REWARDED for it.

    That's what a Legendary should be, and that's what they're doing with Mists.

    If you legitimately think having the freaking weapon drop a boss is "Legendary", you need to really look up the definition of Legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Actually, upon further investigation it appears I was misinformed on this one. Their appearance (and arguably even their existence) was evidently retconned (for the better I might add), much like several other things in the Burning Crusade.

    Also, when I said they weren't 'his', I was referring to Illidan. I was wrong, unless he had two pairs of war glaives, but it's more logical to assume it was just a retcon.
    Well, it's not really a retcon when you just change the appearance a bit. Unless you mean their backstory changed?

    Personally I thought the biggest retcon of BC was finding out Illidan was alive at all :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  14. #334
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,339
    well lets hope you didn't like the BC style for legendaries...a fucking drop off a boss. now am i totally in favor of this new style? no, but i like that i can do a majority of the grinding necessary for it without a guild. but if they made it so that the final stage or component to the chain REQUIRED at least a 10m reg run then I'm all for that.

  15. #335
    Hello *waves*

    As a Raider who was there during the Molten Core Days on Her Warrior and getting Sul'furas Hand of Ragnaros, and having my alt in our 2nd 40 man group (what...we were crazy back then) get lucky and get both bindings since it was the tank and getting Thunderfury, I will say this. I prefer the new models for legendaries.

    I've gotten every legendary in the game including Atiesh. I got lucky with drops in Black Temple, I got lucky with the drops in Sunwell. I got lucky with Molten Core, I got Lucky with Ulduar. However, I never really felt there was any WORK put into these legendaries, getting them was 100% luck dependent. Legendaries weren't rare cause they were hard to obtain, hell, by the end of AQ 40 we were almost 20 manning Molten Core. I never felt like I was doing WORK to get these, I felt like it was the luck of the dice.

    Now, going back to ICC, Shadowmourne, THAT was the first legendary I felt like I had to work for. I remember doing a small little glitch back in the day where i could enter 10 man ICC on my own, and just ICY touch the mobs that endlessly spawned and let the NPCs killed them and in 1 night, I had my 1000 souls in 1 night (Yes, 1000, not this 50 souls pansy crap I found on my Paladin getting my 2nd one) Then during the week, when we had Putricide on farm, and we decided to let me ride the abom, I got my infusion done. Then I did my Infusion on Blood Queen cause I always got bit first, and i dipped infront of the tank (Having to Equip tank trinkets to make myself easier to heal) then going tank for Sindragosa with my ToC gear to get my final infusion done and then getting my 50 lucky shards. However the first parts, felt like real honest work, it felt like I EARNED this overpowered weapon. I felt like I deserved it. It felt like a Legendary chain to me.

    Then came the Staff in Firelands, and the Daggers for Dragon Soul. I felt like I earned these rewards and I felt legendary for doing so, I was a badass. I did all this work.

    The Legendaries in 5.0 and onward, dont feel any less legendary than the ones before it cause you STILL Do work. Granted its a different kind, you put up with the retardation in LFR or you get the lucky drops in normal. You then grind out 6000 Valor points and win 2 battle grounds and kill a raid boss in Karasang. You still do work, you still get the reward. I hope the Meta gem still keeps this tradition, and I hope its not too expensive as it will probably be the best meta gem in the game for DPS (Healers possibly, Tanks im doubtful for the lack of a Stam Legendary gem)

    Do the legendaries feel any less legendary to me? No because you dont see them....and thats what Legendaries were before, unseen since they were so rare. When we get to the weapons, I might change my tune depending on the ease, but I still enjoy these quests and such.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by postpunk27 View Post
    Looks like another special snowflake has melted.
    Looks like another person using the old "spexial snowflake" tag had his peen deflated somewhere along the line.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well, it's not really a retcon when you just change the appearance a bit. Unless you mean their backstory changed?
    Well as far as I know there was no mention of where Illidan got his war glaives priror to the Burning Crusade. Unless the argument is that they didn't glow green yet because Illidan hadn't yet consumed enough demonic power, then it is something of a retcon since he's apparently had them for over 10,000 years.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    So basically this is boiling down to the classic "Angry hardcore players, mad that the 'filthy casuals' now have access to more content" :/

    Grow up, WOW did. They playerbase changed and so did the design philosophy. You aren't forced to play it and if you don't like it, there's plenty of other games or life activities you can do.
    The problem is that BLIZZARD changed the playerbase to what it is now. If they didn't set a precedence for casual play coming into WotLK we would probably be seeing slower progress which means less people would get bored which means Cata heroics being hard would have gotten more players etc. etc. etc.

    Blizzard continously seems to be flip flopping on major design philosophies that are the foundations of how players play and the types of players that are attracted. People keep talking about "OMG MORE BITCHING THEN EVER"; people need to realize it's not just because "WOW COMMUNITY SUCKS", it's because Blizzard has been attempting to cater to players in such a way so as to maximize profits instead of maximizing trust. The current norm for this game is short term players, not long term like it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  19. #339
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,029
    From the perspective of someone that has been in this game since launch, raiding since the first raids were added, etc. etc. Just gonna toss in my 2 cents;

    Legendaries based entirely on an RNG loot drop, are not legendaries, they are luck. You never went to a current raid that had a legendary drop expecting to see it *ever*, you went to get the bosses down and get the standard loot. If a legendary item dropped it was a jaw-dropping experience.
    Legendaries that are the result of a focused effort on your part have more meaning. I.E. you ground that rep and you collected those items.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    The Legendary quests, with associated plot advancement, have been a great experience so far in MoP. Working fine.


    My thought bubble: I think it is a bit sad when people talk about themselves in the third person.
    You should have said: "My thought bubble: Scathbais thinks it is a bit sad when people talk about themselves in the third person." It would've made your post 100x funnier.

    On topic: The legendary aspect of the new "legendary" is the continuous grind over patches, requiring players to touch many aspects of the game to complete the chain quest. It is still a grind, but a more pleasant grind.
    Up until 5.2, people were "forced" to: run 3 different raids for 2 different kinds of sigils, farm until Honored reputation, a six week valor grind, farm until revered reputation, make PvP content (even if it was the shortest challenge for most of the people) and make a group/small raid for a horde "boss". Who knows what's next? It's an awesome chain quest so far.
    Blizzard is, sort of, saved from coming up with new ideas for a legendary (to avoid having 2 legendary items in the same expansion) and every class is able to get the rewards.
    Seems pretty epic (pun intended) to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezarin View Post
    in a way you need to keybind for serious pvp it seems as by the time you clicked in arena the opposing team has used and abused your body your team and shaved the cat too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •