Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have the gem, but no Sha-touched weapon.

I have obtained 6k Valour Points, but suck at PvP and cannot find a group for Twinbraids.

I feel pretty legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I have the gem, but no Sha-touched weapon.

I have obtained 6k Valour Points, but suck at PvP and cannot find a group for Twinbraids.

I feel pretty legendary
    Your LFR luck is not with you.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

but suck at PvP and cannot find a group for Twinbraids.
    Just queue random. You win eventually. It's extremely retarded to force PvEers (Since We do have 0 PvP gear) into BGs, but it's only 2 of them, so we can just man up and get through it.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... I'm not surpised one bit... Please return to your cave already...
    Great job with the insults and adding nothing to the discussion. I have given you ample evidence and support, and yet you only post to flame me. Post something constructive or nothing at all Venziir.
    See you in WoD!

Can we please make a formal agreement to not respond to anything the OP says ever? The dude never has anything nice to say about the game, or anyone. I suspect he is a very lonely person, and honestly I am getting tired of hearing him underhandedly berate people without using damning terms to minimize their opinion or feelings on a subject that he otherwise disagrees with.

Moral of the story? Leave Jaylock to his own devices and don't show him any attention.

You know what's legendary? This thread... its fucking gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    You know what's legendary? This thread... its fucking gold.
    I'm embarassed it took me so long to realise it was a Jaylock thread, it had all the signs...
    I guess it's because he changed his avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I disagree that a legendary effort was required to reach Illidan. As I mentioned in a prior post in this thread, my raid saw a Glaive drop on one of our first kills of Illidan and we were a casual raid (I think we did six hours a week in Burning Crusade). I certainly am proud that we achieved what we did in the hours we participated in, but I don't feel it was a more legendary accomplishment then, say, the rogue daggers I completed in Dragonsoul. Despite DS being fuckall easier than Black Temple, the thing that really gave the daggers the legendary feel was the quest line and the amount of time and work that I had to put into it. I realise that different people may disagree on that point and feel that lucky RNG from a somewhat difficult boss is more legendary feeling that some tricky quests and weeks of collection from a bunch of easier ones, but it's not as clear-cut as you make it sound.

It might be more true (although I'd still say less so than the quest lines of Wrath and Cataclysm) for Kil'jaedan's bow as it was quite a feat to beat -- or even see -- him at level 70, but in any case it is subjective enough that it is probably not worth debating.
    Oh, casual guilds like yours existed and thrived back then. But it still took your guild legendary effort and blood sweat and tears to kill the bosses that led up to Illidan. Same with KJ if your guild happened to get there.

The bad casuals who whine "my $15 a month is the same as your $15 a month, i deserve to see all the content" group are the ones who continue the same line of whining today. These are the people who do not deserve legendary items today. They dont deserve to see orange on their character, and im afraid Blizzard is just a train wreck now just handing them out to any person who breathes.

Also, there shouldn't be a "one size fits all" legendary. They had the train of thought that they would choose which classes now got a legendary, and which patch to introduce a legendary if they felt it was a good time. But now they have completely steered away from that and offering legendaries to the masses. "oh hey, look at that, not only do i get faceroll purple pixels, but now i get a faceroll orange pixel item!"

This just sickens me.
    See you in WoD!

Great job with the insults and adding nothing to the discussion. I have given you ample evidence and support, and yet you only post to flame me. Post something constructive or nothing at all Venziir.
    Just ignore them jaylock. No need to give them any more attention.

Can we please make a formal agreement to not respond to anything the OP says ever? The dude never has anything nice to say about the game, or anyone.
    Why? He searches topics that produce ample of discussion, which is the very purpose of a Forum. Some (not all) of his questions are quite interesting.

@Topic: Before we brand MoP leggies as not legendary enough, we would need a universal definition of legendary in the first place.
    Personally I would never call a rare %drop which just required dumb luck legendary.
    An Item which comes from a LONG quest chain, that takes quite a bit of dedication, that's more like it. A quest chain that spans an entire Addon, most certainly would be eligible.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    All of that aside, you proved my point exactly. This is the first legendary where it does not take heroic / legendary effort to obtain. Any beggar can get it, and therefore it proves my point. The Mop "legendary" is not Legendary. It is as common as the green items you get doing quests while leveling.
    Where was the legendary effort in:
    Sulfuras?
    Thunderfury? Aah yes, he was a bit Legendary since you had to kill a special boss.
    Atiesh?
    Warglaives?
    Thori'Dal? Nothing legendary in the effort. You just do what you always did and than had a 1% chance of getting it.
    Shadowmourne? The quests were retardedly boring and easy.

Fact is.
    The effort you have to put into getting this item is both bigger and more "legendary" than for any other legendary weapon.

Case in point: Legendary items should require LEGENDARY effort to receive one.
    Case in point: Almost none of the legendaries required legendary effort.
    Yes the Glaives were drops from illidan, but it required legendary effort for guilds to progress that far and finally kill the end boss of the expansion (before they added sunwell).
    Bullshit, the only effort in that boss was actually putting up with the crap of killing him over and over till you finally had the drop.
    Yes Thoridal was a drop from KJ, but getting to kj was gold in itself. I remember decent t5 entry t6 guilds being satisfied only killing the first few trash pulls of sunwell because they were not good enough to even make it to Kalegos, let alone kill him.
    Trash was pugged on my server, so I really don't know what you mean.
    You are saying the effort for getting Thori'dal was legendary because you had to kill Kill'Jaeden?
    Guilds would do that no matter what KJ would drop.
    If you don't have to do ANYTHING different to get a Legendary, it stops being a legendary effort.

Oh look its another Jaylock-hates-the-game-but-is-still-playing-thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh look its another Jaylock-hates-the-game-but-is-still-playing-thread....
    I feel like it's a "Jaylock hates his life so he whines at everyone else" situation. I don't come to these forums to see him whining, and I've reported every one of his posts where he's put down other people or groups as a whole who may share similar sentiments. If we don't report him for acting toxic to the community, he will never be forced to leave. MMO Champ Mods need to take a page out of the LoL Tribunal page and look at the impact as a whole. Having someone constantly say negative things about the game isn't going to encourage people to read the forums or play the game, which then drives down total player pool that they can advertise the site to. Worse, they have no block function, so you're stuck seeing it.

Edit: Put him on ignore. Sweet.

Jaylock is probably my favourite poster on the entire forum. His threads are in reality some of the only ones I follow without the intention of getting a few kicks out of arguing.
    "If I owned a company, my employees would love me. They’d have huge pictures of me up the walls and in their home, like Lenin." - George Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Another stupid Jaylock thread.....

This is getting tiresome.
    This. I don't have anything against him but his thread are so stupid I facepalm everytime I see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Jaylock is probably my favourite poster on the entire forum. His threads are in reality some of the only ones I follow without the intention of getting a few kicks out of arguing.
    It's good to hear that you follow the threads of a person who is completely hyper-critical of the game, and is constantly berating his peers for their opinions in the most underhanded and dismissive manner possible without outwardly damning himself based on forum policies.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    It's good to hear that you follow the threads of a person who is completely hyper-critical of the game, and is constantly berating his peers for their opinions in the most underhanded and dismissive manner possible without outwardly damning himself based on forum policies.
    Yes, i'm glad I have a sense of humour too.
    "If I owned a company, my employees would love me. They’d have huge pictures of me up the walls and in their home, like Lenin." - George Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Just ignore them jaylock. No need to give them any more attention.

Why? He searches topics that produce ample of discussion, which is the very purpose of a Forum. Some (not all) of his questions are quite interesting.

@Topic: Before we brand MoP leggies as not legendary enough, we would need a universal definition of legendary in the first place.
    Personally I would never call a rare %drop which just required dumb luck legendary.
    An Item which comes from a LONG quest chain, that takes quite a bit of dedication, that's more like it. A quest chain that spans an entire Addon, most certainly would be eligible.
    I agree with you, however it should not be obtainable by doing LFR. They have stated several times before that they were not going to allow Legendary items be available via LFR.

And lo and behold, here we are.
    See you in WoD!

It seems as if there comes a point in every thread like this where I make a post that says if anyone posting here annoys you so much that you can't resist making posts that are personal and verge on being insulting (if not outright insulting) put that person on ignore.

If one thinks that a post is flamebait, the best thing to do is to not take the bait. If you believe that someone/anyone is starting threads just to get attention, then simply pay them no attention. If you believe that you are being trolled for some reason, then don't respond to it.

If you want to discuss someone's opinion, that's fine. It's relatively simple to do that without discussing the 'someone' as it were.

Insults/name-calling will be infracted. That's all for now. PM me if you wish to dispute any part of this. Discussion of anything other than whether or not legendaries are too simple to get is off-topic.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-18 at 05:54 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh yeah I'm the one who started with the insults.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It's not like you wrote a wall of crazy claiming that I hardly even played in TBC, good going though! Honestly, your posts are nothing but virtual shit on virtual paper. As per usual.

And if you bother to read you posts, you should know that in general, people dislikes your posts, your attitude and your arguments - why you continue to post here is utterly beyond me. Are you a masochist by chance?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I agree with you, however it should not be obtainable by doing LFR. They have stated several times before that they were not going to allow Legendary items be available via LFR.
    And lo and behold, here we are.
    Do you have a source on that?