Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Vanilla and TBC would have something to say about that.
    They never downgraded gear as they changed how people could acquire that gear. And there were quite a few instances of epic gear being added that didn't require raiding. So you're going to need to try again with a real answer instead of pointing at something that doesn't even prove your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The attunements were removed about 4 months before WoTLK. The raids were nerfed with patch 3.0, 1 month before WotLK. Yeah they had a month to get a legendary item that would be out dated, and worthless one month later.
    Patch 2.4 was about 7 months before WotLK with one month of the 30% nerf. That meant a lot of people had access to Illidan for over half a year before WotLK came out. And Patch 2.4 introduced more Badge of Justice gear that made older content easier to run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should legendary items color change from orange to purple by the end of the expansion? Indicating that the legendary side of them is not so legendary (but still epic) anymore because they will be obsolete when the new expansion ships?
    Irrelevant question. Color is not an indicator of quality. Therefore it doesn't matter how common it becomes later on as content gets easier.

  2. #462
    Yea... because glaives in TBC were greens, get real.

  3. #463
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should legendary items color change from orange to purple by the end of the expansion? Indicating that the legendary side of them is not so legendary (but still epic) anymore because they will be obsolete when the new expansion ships?
    I can't see how an orange rather than purple text can annoy you. I'd find it more annyoing if the colour shifted as it pleased like you proposed here, but just because it'd be confusing.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    So what youre saying is. If ANYONE can get a Legendary, its common? Well then, youre saying that EVERY legendary is a common, because anyone can get a legendary easily. It just takes time and a lot of farming of one raid to even obtain it. Yes, classes are restricted to some legendarys, not everyone can use them. But ANYONE can get it. If you put the time and effort into trying to obtain one, youll eventually get one. That is what youre saying is it not?

  5. #465
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,659
    Please don't post just to argue with or bash the OP. Please post constructively and on-topic to the thread.

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Please don't post just to argue with or bash the OP. Please post constructively and on-topic to the thread.
    Just how long are you "mods" going to protect this little troll?
    Who's dick do i have to suck to get away with the shit he does on a daily basis?

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Please don't post just to argue with or bash the OP. Please post constructively and on-topic to the thread.
    Given the topic, posting without arguing with the OP would be equivalent to posting off-topic, so this would be impossible to follow.
    So what exactly do you want us to do that couldn't be done easier with a thread lock?

  8. #468
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,151
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given the topic, posting without arguing with the OP would be equivalent to posting off-topic, so this would be impossible to follow.
    So what exactly do you want us to do that couldn't be done easier with a thread lock?
    To clarify, Rivellana means arguing about the OP.

    You are absolutely free to debate with the OP or anyone else in the thread within the confines of the forum rules. What users are not free to do is make posts simply to bash other posters for their reputation rather than the content of particular posts.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  9. #469
    Ok, that makes more sense.

  10. #470
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To clarify, Rivellana means arguing about the OP.

    You are absolutely free to debate with the OP or anyone else in the thread within the confines of the forum rules. What users are not free to do is make posts simply to bash other posters for their reputation rather than the content of particular posts.
    As Tziva stated, I mean don't post just to argue with him about his right to post or the fact that he is posting.

    I also strongly differentiate the definitions of the words "argue" and "debate" or "discuss" when it comes to these forums. I see debating/discussing as the reasons the forums are here, for people to share and agree/refute opinions. I see "arguing" as inflammatory remarks, insults and fighting.

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    Because the actual meaning of legendary isn't based off rarity. It's based off lore. My character and your character are the SAME person as far as lore is concerned. We are all "The Hero," in Warcraft. This means that we all have the same chance at obtaining a legendary weapon as the next person, or at least we should. If I have Shadowmourne and someone else in my raid has Shadowmourne, as far as lore is concerned, they are both the same Shadowmourne, and not two individuals weapons, and me and the guy wielding that shadowmourne as the same character. In lore, there is only ONE Shadowmourne, just like in lore there is only one set of Illidan's warglaives. THAT is what makes the weapon legendary. It's the only one in existence.

    So unless you're suggesting we only allow one person in the world to obtain a legendary, you really need to stop complaining about the rarity of a legendary when the only thing that makes it legendary in the first place is the lore behind it and the fact that there only actually exists one of that item as far as the lore is concerned.

    What this boils down to is, you wanna be a special snowflake (hate using this argument but it is in fact true) and can't handle that legendaries don't have to be obtainable only by the top 10% of players or guilds. Very few people are going to remember you for a video game anyway. You're searching for fame and/or acknowledgement in the wrong place, my friend.

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Because the actual meaning of legendary isn't based off rarity. It's based off lore. My character and your character are the SAME person as far as lore is concerned. We are all "The Hero," in Warcraft. This means that we all have the same chance at obtaining a legendary weapon as the next person, or at least we should. If I have Shadowmourne and someone else in my raid has Shadowmourne, as far as lore is concerned, they are both the same Shadowmourne, and not two individuals weapons, and me and the guy wielding that shadowmourne as the same character. In lore, there is only ONE Shadowmourne, just like in lore there is only one set of Illidan's warglaives. THAT is what makes the weapon legendary. It's the only one in existence.

    So unless you're suggesting we only allow one person in the world to obtain a legendary, you really need to stop complaining about the rarity of a legendary when the only thing that makes it legendary in the first place is the lore behind it and the fact that there only actually exists one of that item as far as the lore is concerned.

    What this boils down to is, you wanna be a special snowflake (hate using this argument but it is in fact true) and can't handle that legendaries don't have to be obtainable only by the top 10% of players or guilds. Very few people are going to remember you for a video game anyway. You're searching for fame and/or acknowledgement in the wrong place, my friend.
    Your whole argument is complete crap because repeatedly the lore characters in the game refer to player characters as "Heros" Not Hero, not singular, PLURAL. Meaning, more than one hero can get their hands on the same legendary weapon.

    Can we agree that the "Legendary" in this expansion is just not very legendary? Its just really common because even a cave man can get one. A legendary item should be difficult to obtain. "its legend preceeds itself" It should be very cool lore wise, i agree. But it should be difficult to obtain, and only a few should ever obtain a legendary while it is relevant content.

    As for your comment about being a "special snowflake," why shouldn't people who do extraordinary things be rewarded accordingly? Legendary weapons are supposed to be the best items in the game, so why should they be given to people who don't do extraordinary things to obtain them?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    Yea... because glaives in TBC were greens, get real.
    You failed to read the thread. I am not talking about TBC warglaives, im talking about current expansion "legendary" items.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-01-18 at 08:20 PM.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  13. #473
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Can we agree that the "Legendary" in this expansion is just not very legendary? Its just really common because even a cave man can get one. A legendary item should be difficult to obtain. "its legend preceeds itself" It should be very cool lore wise, i agree. But it should be difficult to obtain, and only a few should ever obtain a legendary while it is relevant content.
    No, we can't.
    Legendary has nothing to do with being scarce.
    The part where a Legendary should be difficult to obtain is something you came up with.
    And even if, I call it difficult to obtain when it takes 2-3 months of working for it.

    "Only a few should ever obtain a legendary" < Why?
    You haven't given a single reason to why it should be like that.

  14. #474
    Dreadlord Voolawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blood Gulch
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Vu/advanced

    Completed the last tier on which toon?
    Oh I just saw this. Lol I was smart enough to cancel my AP/sub early before I got thrown into Kung Fu Panda casual land. Unfortunately I didn't stick around for the H Madness kill, but it was at no loss really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

  15. #475
    Lol at all these people thinking legendary means a rare item XD holy crap.

    Legendary just means it is from a legend something that is well known, famous or renowned.

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Oh I just saw this. Lol I was smart enough to cancel my AP/sub early before I got thrown into Kung Fu Panda casual land. Unfortunately I didn't stick around for the H Madness kill, but it was at no loss really.
    Thats a good description of the state of the game as it is right now actualy.. sad but true

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, we can't.
    Legendary has nothing to do with being scarce.
    The part where a Legendary should be difficult to obtain is something you came up with.
    And even if, I call it difficult to obtain when it takes 2-3 months of working for it.

    "Only a few should ever obtain a legendary" < Why?
    You haven't given a single reason to why it should be like that.
    Before I answer you, why should legendary items be easy to obtain, and something that everyone should have? Whats your arguement in favor of having them this way? Other than the age old "I pay $15 / 13 Euro a month, i deserve everything else that the players that spend hours achieving as well with much less effort and dedication!"
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Before I answer you, why should legendary items be easy to obtain, and something that everyone should have? Whats your arguement in favor of having them this way? Other than the age old "I pay $15 / 13 Euro a month, i deserve everything else that the players that spend hours achieving as well with much less effort and dedication!"
    Before I answer you why should legendary items being hard to obtain? There story wise items and casual people that are more into lore should get them. So called hardcore raiders get heroic gear months or even expensions before normal players.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats a good description of the state of the game as it is right now actualy.. sad but true

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:33 PM ----------



    Before I answer you, why should legendary items be easy to obtain, and something that everyone should have? Whats your arguement in favor of having them this way? Other than the age old "I pay $15 / 13 Euro a month, i deserve everything else that the players that spend hours achieving as well with much less effort and dedication!"
    Following your logic, there should only be one person per server allowed to get a legendary. Or better yet only one per region. No wait one in the hole WORLD since it's unique and all that jazz.

    This isn't about what you want. It's a design philosophy. You can twist and turn it any way you want, but fact of the matter is, in a game like this, making quality content for a very very small group of people is wasted design time and a failed philosophy.
    It's one of the few remaining subscription based games with a reputation for quality, mind you one of the best if not the best MMO on the market, subscription based or not.
    The presence of legendary weapons always was a balancing issue.The only difference now compared to Vanilla/TBC is that less players were present at that time, meaning less guilds and less players being able to get them. If you cut down the number of subscribers/raiders/guilds down to a similar number like back in vanilla/tbc you probably won't notice that big of a % increase in legendary item per player either.
    What you're doing in your arguments so far have nothing to do with improvements to the game and contain little insight to game design. I understand your frustration regarding "prestige" but that is a rather old concept at this point and holds less strength as we move on.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Your whole argument is complete crap because repeatedly the lore characters in the game refer to player characters as "Heros" Not Hero, not singular, PLURAL. Meaning, more than one hero can get their hands on the same legendary weapon.

    Can we agree that the "Legendary" in this expansion is just not very legendary? Its just really common because even a cave man can get one. A legendary item should be difficult to obtain. "its legend preceeds itself" It should be very cool lore wise, i agree. But it should be difficult to obtain, and only a few should ever obtain a legendary while it is relevant content.

    As for your comment about being a "special snowflake," why shouldn't people who do extraordinary things be rewarded accordingly? Legendary weapons are supposed to be the best items in the game, so why should they be given to people who don't do extraordinary things to obtain them?[COLOR="red"]

    .
    Your entire argument you have presented in this thread lies on a poor foundation. You are using your own biased definition of legendary. What the term legendary provokes in a person's head will be different case by case. At best, your argument is based on your own personal biased opinions of what BC legendary weapons were like.

    You have no clue how the final quest might play out. It might take normal/heroic raiding to completely finish the wrathion quest line. This new system might dilute the player to relevant legendary ratio, but the new system is received in a positive light by many. Even guilds that would have completed a legendary in normal/heroic like these quests because it levels the playing field and there is little to no drama around who gets what.
    Last edited by MathAddict; 2013-01-18 at 08:55 PM.

  20. #480
    Dreadlord Voolawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blood Gulch
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats a good description of the state of the game as it is right now actualy.. sad but true
    Yup. I called it back at the last Blizzcon, when they announced everything, that they were streamlining content so that bad players could pretend to be at or around top tier players. This is just an example of that: making something that should actually mean Legendary available to anyone.

    Plus a cheap version of Pokemon just didn't catch my fancy. I can't say cancelling was a loss, except for maybe a couple encounters this last tier, nothing really stands out about the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •