Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well it fits the theme of the expansion - everyone better get on doing some dailies. Requiring no teamwork at all to get up to this point in the "legendary" quest is beyond boring but funnily enough I suppose that is how people like it.
    I'm assuming heroic and normal mode legendaries will be better quality than LFR ones. I fail to see the issue.

It will definitely grant a legendary item that will require some good effort towards the end of the expansion, or perhaps during thunder king's raid.

It will definitely be more legendary than older legendaries... once the last patch hits, just rerolling a char and trying to do everything to get it will be near impossible, it probably takes like 10 weeks of contasnt play and several farming or mobs / dailies to simply progress through the legendary quest, and thats only for the first tier...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    It will definitely grant a legendary item that will require some good effort towards the end of the expansion, or perhaps during thunder king's raid.

It will definitely be more legendary than older legendaries... once the last patch hits, just rerolling a char and trying to do everything to get it will be near impossible, it probably takes like 10 weeks of contasnt play and several farming or mobs / dailies to simply progress through the legendary quest, and thats only for the first tier...
    Which would comparable to previous legendaries.

The only problem I think there is with this is that it's dropping from LFR ... as it shouldn't.
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Please don't post just to argue with or bash the OP. Please post constructively and on-topic to the thread.
    Then tell him to actually respond to people providing valid points.

He only responds to the people who agree with him, Anyone else he just says "UR NOT READING MY THREAD LOLOL"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Then tell him to actually respond to people providing valid points.

He only responds to the people who agree with him, Anyone else he just says "UR NOT READING MY THREAD LOLOL"
    No one is going to force anyone to respond to anything. That's just silly if you think about it. Would you want to be forced to respond to every single post you ever made that someone disagreed with? No, I thought not.

We've provided plenty of guidance about what to do if you find a poster annoying. And stop posting off-topic and derailing the thread which your post is...entirely. Further discussion of this can be done through a PM or contact an administrator. It does NOT belong in this thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No one is going to force anyone to respond to anything. That's just silly if you think about it. Would you want to be forced to respond to every single post you ever made that someone disagreed with? No, I thought not.

We've provided plenty of guidance about what to do if you find a poster annoying. And stop posting off-topic and derailing the thread which your post is...entirely. Further discussion of this can be done through a PM or contact an administrator. It does NOT belong in this thread.
    Any other poster who pulled 1/2 his shenanigans would be long gone. I don't understand, is he someone's favourite?

Infracted: Off-topic and ignoring requests to either report posts or contact an administrator or moderator.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-19 at 04:03 AM.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?

-------
    [Mod Edit (since people are missing the several in-thread warnings):

Should you opt to participate in this thread, please remember to stick to the topic of discussion. Off-topic posts on your personal feelings towards particular individuals are not appropriate or relevant. If you find it difficult to refrain from those kinds of posts, it is recommended you utilise your handydandy ignore button or venture to another thread. Please report posts that break rules, ignore individuals you dislike, and check out other threads if this one is not your taste. Thanks!
    ]
    You are totally correct. The Cata legendary was SO much harder to get. What with having to grind out the same raid over and over. Wait, what do you mean it was the same thing?

Legendary's haven't really been legendary since BC. That's just the way it is. In Wrath all you had to do was a few side quests and grind ICC. In Cata you had two legendary's and both required some soloable side-quests and grinding either Firelands (for the staff) or DS (for the daggers). In fact the current system for MoP is actually fairly more elaborate than either of the previous two expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    It's quite easy to have an opinion on something you haven't played. It doesn't help you win your argument, however. If you were a hardcore raider who has cleared 16/16H or Loremaster of Pandaria, or someone who has put in even a small amount of actual playtime in the expansion, I might be interested in why you feel this expansion pales in comparison to others. But if you haven't invested time into questing, learning about the lore, raiding end game content, or ultimately experiencing the actual quality of the expansion first hand, then your opinion doesn't really hold much water.
    That's too bad. I quit once I saw lolcasuals at Blizzcon and felt absolutely no need to experience the game any more than I already had. Watered down everything doesn't seem like something I want to waste my $15 a month on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Jaylock are you from the future? Because what we have aren't Legendarys yet. These are building up to them. You can't possibly know or complain about them when we don't know how to get them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    That's too bad. I quit once I saw lolcasuals at Blizzcon and felt absolutely no need to experience the game any more than I already had. Watered down everything doesn't seem like something I want to waste my $15 a month on.
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to go with it.

Me? I was around for BC and I wasn't a big fan of it. I think you should have to work for epics, yes. But I also like some of the changes Blizzard made. The LFG tool is nice since it means I don't have to pander in trade-chat (what a god awful place) for heroic groups. And the LFR gives me a way to see some of the raid mechanics before I actually go and raid them with my guild.

It's a game and it's what you make of it. You can be casual or raid heroics (which I notice you do).

Just because someone else finds enjoyment in a way you don't doesn't require that you trash-talk them though.
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2013-01-19 at 03:42 AM.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?

-------
    [Mod Edit (since people are missing the several in-thread warnings):

Should you opt to participate in this thread, please remember to stick to the topic of discussion. Off-topic posts on your personal feelings towards particular individuals are not appropriate or relevant. If you find it difficult to refrain from those kinds of posts, it is recommended you utilise your handydandy ignore button or venture to another thread. Please report posts that break rules, ignore individuals you dislike, and check out other threads if this one is not your taste. Thanks!
    ]
    Hey look, Jaylock's at it again.

Honestly I think this legendary system is better than previous iterations. Currently you get a legendary gem and prismatic socket, and soon a meta gem. They're minimal enough to make a minor difference to start but greatly improve in tandem with each other as the expansion moves on. They require enough time and work that every character won't have them, but every character is capable of getting them. They aren't limited to a specific class making balance skew HEAVILY one way or another each raid tier. They aren't subject to devalue as another tier will replace them because they'll likely be useable each tier. They're also uniform at all levels of raiding while the weapons and armor they apply to are not uniform. A heroic raider will still be better off than an LFR raider, but an LFR raider with them should be better off than the ones who don't. This is really just another elitist flamebait post by you to try and say that you deserve something other people don't because you believe that you're raiding group is better than them. It's just like your higher ilvl post for 25-man raids where all you do is post something and try to pit one group against another and stir the pot until someone gives you a forum vacation and I can stop seeing your posts on the front page for a brief while.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    Give one reason why text color should be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    You are totally correct. The Cata legendary was SO much harder to get. What with having to grind out the same raid over and over. Wait, what do you mean it was the same thing?
    Well it required at least 9 people you had to put together to do the raid with you so yeah it kinda was.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Give one reason why text color should be important.
    How is that a relevant question? Text coloring, or the item class labels (rare, epic, etc.) are just tools to easily distinguish items from one another based on their assumed inherent potency. If the items have a roughly equivalent item range, logically we can expect:

Uncommon > Rare > Epic > Legendary

For the sake of your argument, let's say that hypothetically there was a legendary item that was acquirable via completing one single quest that wasn't very difficult (kill 10 boars, whatever, just go with it), and had no prerequisites to it. Would the text color of that item be important then, or do you think that it would be okay to classify it as legendary regardless?
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2013-01-19 at 05:39 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orange text = Legendary = Stronger than Epic. That's it. Doesn't matter that they used to be rarer or harder to get, so did Epics. And getting a legendary still means something, and it will still get replaced by a blue or green while questing in the next expansion.

is the lore behind the items for them to be legendary? Yes.
    Does the lore indicate that random player orc standing next to me has it too? No (From a storyline/lore perspective no, MY toon is the one getting Wrathions items. He never says "Oh wait Icaras, I need to give one to him too. Oh and her, and that gnome in the corner...)
    Are the stats enough to quality it? Versus blue quality gems, hells yes.

Ultimately if the argument is "everyone has it"...well, that's true for every other item that exists in MoP. And again, if someone you never interact with has the gem...that impacts it being a legendary gem/gem slot item for you HOW?

The gem and slots are legendary, SOMEONE THAT'S NOT YOU WILL ALSO GET THEM, get over it.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-01-19 at 06:35 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

its jut start of expansion, meybe after there will be NOE way to do legendary questline on lfr.

I think legendary should be available only on HC (ending quest, or at least 2/3 of chain q)

10+ Year Old Account
    Your LFR luck is not with you.
    Guess I cannot complain, got every other possible item from there

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite clear that people are refusing to stay on-topic here, even after multiple moderator warnings and infractions. It's time to close this.