Page 1 of 27
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Mop Legendary is Not Legendary..

    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

    "Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

    (thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

    Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?

    -------
    [Mod Edit (since people are missing the several in-thread warnings):

    Should you opt to participate in this thread, please remember to stick to the topic of discussion. Off-topic posts on your personal feelings towards particular individuals are not appropriate or relevant. If you find it difficult to refrain from those kinds of posts, it is recommended you utilise your handydandy ignore button or venture to another thread. Please report posts that break rules, ignore individuals you dislike, and check out other threads if this one is not your taste. Thanks!
    ]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-01-18 at 06:42 PM.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Mythicalfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    373
    So you have a crystal ball that shows you what the final patches legendary will be?
    N less you do ,you have no idea what the end result will be.
    For all you know the lfr end one could just be an epic weapon, whilst normal and heroic get a legendary.
    5.2 is a gem not a weapon

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,971
    I don't know if there will be a proper legendary weapon in the end, but this is the first time i can grab something legendary at the appropriate time in my WoW career, even if it is a socket gem.
    I still miss the weapon, but i like these new legendaries.

  4. #4
    The game was different 6 years ago. In a 40 man raid, 1 person having an OP legendary did not effect balancing at all.

    If you have a raid stacked with hard to obtain legendaries then it is impossible to balance around that. Look at DS. You could stack the raid with 10-15 legendaries and have an extreme advantage over other guilds.

    This system allows balancing around having a legendary becasue everyone will have them.

    I would honestly prefer that no legendaries were in the game.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't know if there will be a proper legendary weapon in the end, but this is the first time i can grab something legendary at the appropriate time in my WoW career, even if it is a socket gem.
    I still miss the weapon, but i like these new legendaries.
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  6. #6
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    I'm glad that you've been able to see the end result in 5.4 already. Want to share your timemachine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    The game was different 6 years ago. In a 40 man raid, 1 person having an OP legendary did not effect balancing at all.

    If you have a raid stacked with hard to obtain legendaries then it is impossible to balance around that. Look at DS. You could stack the raid with 10-15 legendaries and have an extreme advantage over other guilds.

    This system allows balancing around having a legendary becasue everyone will have them.

    I would honestly prefer that no legendaries were in the game.
    Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

    Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

    IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,168
    If it has Orange text, it is a legendary, plain and simple, and also, alot of the other "legendarys" are stupidly common, especially now pretty much everything is so solo-able
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  9. #9
    Unsub and fill in the blank spot with ur reason,
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh
    They did by the end of Cata, that staff was insanely commonplace, Stormwind forever had a giant blue dragon living in the sky^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    I like the legendary because i'm one of those people who never got to grab one at the right time. Yes, maybe they should've made it epic, or try to find another solution instead of giving gems, but i must admit i'm happy with what i have now. In my particular case RNG was evil and i took ages to find the Sigils and i still miss the weapon, but i feel like i've accomplished something anyway.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

    "Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

    (thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

    Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    No legendary's used to just mean "this item took a long terrible grind to acquire". Since this Legendary seems to take an entire expansion to get it must be the Legendariest Legendary.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

    "Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

    (thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

    Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    My thoughts are that you are a terribly annoying person, and you never ever have anything good to say about the game. You incessantly create posts, with none of them lauding the developers of the game. You do however openly criticize their decisions on a nearly daily basis, and it's really getting old. I actually would love for you to no longer be able to post on the forums. Mods, any help here?

    That said. I appreciate the efforts that Blizzard is going through to include more players. Furthermore, your lack of infinite wisdom does not lead you to be able to supposed or understand what their end goal is of the legendary, so your thoughts are merely directed at interim legendary items that are being placed into armor as a supplement to overall power. I for one, appreciate this. After bouncing around classes for the last 3 expansions and never being the class that gets picked for a Legendary, I have to say. It's awesome. At least I get something.
    Last edited by tehdef; 2013-01-17 at 06:39 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

    Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

    IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2013-01-17 at 06:39 PM.

  15. #15
    Blademaster MurdiStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Some dump of a city
    Posts
    42
    I like this new system more. I work to earn my own legendary, not for some other dude that's been nominated by the higher-ups. I get to experience a bit of lore, some questing, and earn a decent reward in the process, and this makes the game much more fun to me.

    I hope they keep it this way. Wow may be a MMORPG, but sometimes you just have to experience your own adventure.

  16. #16
    I personally like that acquiring the Legendary gem doesn't require guild infighting and picking favorites, which tends to be a quick path to drama. The involved process, NPC interaction, and interesting storyline gives the entire thing the same epic feeling a legendary deserves. About the only thing I might change would be to remove the ability to acquire the Sigils or perhaps just the Chimera of Fear itself from LFR... but even that really isn't too much of a bother to me, personally.
    Look at these eyebrows! They're attack eyebrows. You could take bottle tops off with these. They’re cross. Crosser than the rest of my face. They’re independently cross. They probably want to cede from the rest of my face and set up their own independent state of eyebrows.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord the0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zangarmarsh
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    If it has Orange text, it is a legendary, plain and simple, and also, alot of the other "legendarys" are stupidly common, especially now pretty much everything is so solo-able
    This plus its a Gem, not a BIS weapon. just a gem, 5.2 gives us another gem.

    Besides its the story behind the weapon that makes it legendary. Swords and hammers from a elemental god, Blades stolen from the strongest demon hunter ever that stole them from a pit lord, a bow that fire energy from the sunwell itself.

    And besides that, the legendarys were all time sinks, Run X enough and it will/may drop, Kill bosses from Y and collect Z, Bring V to A and bind it to Q. Anyone one can get it all the legendarys in the game, just takes time.

    "Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"


  18. #18
    Once I opened the thread, and saw Jaylock created it, I stopped reading...

    Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-01-17 at 06:52 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    At the END of the expansion cycle, yes people acquired a good number, but it was not like that when the content wasnt made trivial with all the heroic raid gear. I think you are missing the point.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  20. #20
    Its called "Legendary" because of the work involded in getting the item and its strength compared to other kind of items, its rarity has absolutely nothing to do with Legendary, its a misconception because they used to be rare as well.
    Bleh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •