Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mop Legendary is Not Legendary..

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?

-------
    [Mod Edit (since people are missing the several in-thread warnings):

Should you opt to participate in this thread, please remember to stick to the topic of discussion. Off-topic posts on your personal feelings towards particular individuals are not appropriate or relevant. If you find it difficult to refrain from those kinds of posts, it is recommended you utilise your handydandy ignore button or venture to another thread. Please report posts that break rules, ignore individuals you dislike, and check out other threads if this one is not your taste. Thanks!
    ]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-01-18 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    So you have a crystal ball that shows you what the final patches legendary will be?
    N less you do ,you have no idea what the end result will be.
    For all you know the lfr end one could just be an epic weapon, whilst normal and heroic get a legendary.
    5.2 is a gem not a weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if there will be a proper legendary weapon in the end, but this is the first time i can grab something legendary at the appropriate time in my WoW career, even if it is a socket gem.
    I still miss the weapon, but i like these new legendaries.

The game was different 6 years ago. In a 40 man raid, 1 person having an OP legendary did not effect balancing at all.

If you have a raid stacked with hard to obtain legendaries then it is impossible to balance around that. Look at DS. You could stack the raid with 10-15 legendaries and have an extreme advantage over other guilds.

This system allows balancing around having a legendary becasue everyone will have them.

I would honestly prefer that no legendaries were in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't know if there will be a proper legendary weapon in the end, but this is the first time i can grab something legendary at the appropriate time in my WoW career, even if it is a socket gem.
    I still miss the weapon, but i like these new legendaries.
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.

I'm glad that you've been able to see the end result in 5.4 already. Want to share your timemachine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    The game was different 6 years ago. In a 40 man raid, 1 person having an OP legendary did not effect balancing at all.

If you have a raid stacked with hard to obtain legendaries then it is impossible to balance around that. Look at DS. You could stack the raid with 10-15 legendaries and have an extreme advantage over other guilds.

This system allows balancing around having a legendary becasue everyone will have them.

I would honestly prefer that no legendaries were in the game.
    Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it has Orange text, it is a legendary, plain and simple, and also, alot of the other "legendarys" are stupidly common, especially now pretty much everything is so solo-able

Deleted
    Unsub and fill in the blank spot with ur reason,

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They did by the end of Cata, that staff was insanely commonplace, Stormwind forever had a giant blue dragon living in the sky^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    I like the legendary because i'm one of those people who never got to grab one at the right time. Yes, maybe they should've made it epic, or try to find another solution instead of giving gems, but i must admit i'm happy with what i have now. In my particular case RNG was evil and i took ages to find the Sigils and i still miss the weapon, but i feel like i've accomplished something anyway.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

No legendary's used to just mean "this item took a long terrible grind to acquire". Since this Legendary seems to take an entire expansion to get it must be the Legendariest Legendary.

My thoughts are that you are a terribly annoying person, and you never ever have anything good to say about the game. You incessantly create posts, with none of them lauding the developers of the game. You do however openly criticize their decisions on a nearly daily basis, and it's really getting old. I actually would love for you to no longer be able to post on the forums. Mods, any help here?

That said. I appreciate the efforts that Blizzard is going through to include more players. Furthermore, your lack of infinite wisdom does not lead you to be able to supposed or understand what their end goal is of the legendary, so your thoughts are merely directed at interim legendary items that are being placed into armor as a supplement to overall power. I for one, appreciate this. After bouncing around classes for the last 3 expansions and never being the class that gets picked for a Legendary, I have to say. It's awesome. At least I get something.
    Last edited by tehdef; 2013-01-17 at 06:39 PM.

Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2013-01-17 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    I like this new system more. I work to earn my own legendary, not for some other dude that's been nominated by the higher-ups. I get to experience a bit of lore, some questing, and earn a decent reward in the process, and this makes the game much more fun to me.

I hope they keep it this way. Wow may be a MMORPG, but sometimes you just have to experience your own adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I personally like that acquiring the Legendary gem doesn't require guild infighting and picking favorites, which tends to be a quick path to drama. The involved process, NPC interaction, and interesting storyline gives the entire thing the same epic feeling a legendary deserves. About the only thing I might change would be to remove the ability to acquire the Sigils or perhaps just the Chimera of Fear itself from LFR... but even that really isn't too much of a bother to me, personally.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    If it has Orange text, it is a legendary, plain and simple, and also, alot of the other "legendarys" are stupidly common, especially now pretty much everything is so solo-able
    This plus its a Gem, not a BIS weapon. just a gem, 5.2 gives us another gem.

Besides its the story behind the weapon that makes it legendary. Swords and hammers from a elemental god, Blades stolen from the strongest demon hunter ever that stole them from a pit lord, a bow that fire energy from the sunwell itself.

And besides that, the legendarys were all time sinks, Run X enough and it will/may drop, Kill bosses from Y and collect Z, Bring V to A and bind it to Q. Anyone one can get it all the legendarys in the game, just takes time.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Once I opened the thread, and saw Jaylock created it, I stopped reading...

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-17 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    At the END of the expansion cycle, yes people acquired a good number, but it was not like that when the content wasnt made trivial with all the heroic raid gear. I think you are missing the point.

Its called "Legendary" because of the work involded in getting the item and its strength compared to other kind of items, its rarity has absolutely nothing to do with Legendary, its a misconception because they used to be rare as well.
    Bleh