Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No mage changes in most recent build.

Here's to hoping that this is just somehow coincidence. If we don't see RoP, IW, and BS changes i'll be very disappointed. And if we don't see Water Jet. A lot more needs to be done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Here's to hoping that this is just somehow coincidence. If we don't see RoP, IW, and BS changes i'll be very disappointed. And if we don't see Water Jet. A lot more needs to be done!!
    Speaking of which, the official PTR notes no longer mention Invocation change. Was it reverted?

It will be extremely unlikely we'll be seeing Water Jet because they just buffed FoF proccing as well as Frostbolt by 24% (which is 9% higher after 3 stack). If they gave us Water Jet on top of these, it might be a little OP (until they realize how shit Frost's scaling is)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The only reason I'm remaining optimistic is that a 3% increase to passive FoF generation does not even closely (dps wise) replace Freeze or potentially Water Jet. 3% does not give 1 charge (or 2) per 24 seconds. Not only that, it completely goes against Blizzard's philosophy for frost this expansion; that is, less RNG burst and more consistent damage (as we can see with splitting mastery to Pet and giving Frozen Orb guaranteed FoF charges). If Water Jet doesn't go through and Freeze isn't reverted, we are going back to good ole raw RNG for the 50 seconds Frozen Orb isn't active.

It could be they simply realized that very few of our actual FoF charges came from Frostbolt/BF. Most come from Freeze/Frozen Orb. It could be purely to alleviate the dry period that occurs when Frozen Orb and Freeze/Potentially Water Jet are on cooldown.

Honestly not that OP. The frostbolt change isn't even a 2% overall increase unless I'm mistaken, and a 3% passive increase would barely be 1%. We still need Water Jet, both for QoL and some help without scaling.
    Last edited by Sw1tch; 2013-01-17 at 06:09 AM.

Deleted
    A little change was:
    Item - Mage T15 2P Bonus When Alter Time expires, you gain 1,800 Haste, Crit, and Mastery for 30 sec.

We call that "getting Rogued".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We call that "getting Rogued".
    Getting rogued is not to have anything hit live xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a general reminder but don't forget we still have 2 months until 5.2. Don't get too worried about ptr patch notes yet.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

As far as I can tell from WoWhead and the link on the front page there were mage changes but they were just reverting previous changes;

Blazing Speed is now back to a 25s cooldown but does not replace Blink, can still be activated at will, and the FoF and Ice Lance Glyph changes were reverted which is obviously a bit of a nerf but make room for Water Jet in a coming patch.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Just a general reminder but don't forget we still have 2 months until 5.2. Don't get too worried about ptr patch notes yet.
    I could dig up some posts with the exact same line that people put out when MoP beta was around, when me, Zomgdps and few others were "whining" abt how dog mages seemed for MoP launch, and see what happened..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Speaking of which, the official PTR notes no longer mention Invocation change. Was it reverted?
    I hope not. I would welcome the change they had. 1 minute duration on the buff with a shortened cast time. The 15% SP sucks, but I hate standing there for 6 secs not doing anything and hoping nothing happened where I had to move. A 2 to 3 second channel would have been great.

Is the Freeze change reverted? Couldn't find anything that it's still removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    As far as I can tell from WoWhead and the link on the front page there were mage changes but they were just reverting previous changes;

Blazing Speed is now back to a 25s cooldown but does not replace Blink, can still be activated at will, and the FoF and Ice Lance Glyph changes were reverted which is obviously a bit of a nerf but make room for Water Jet in a coming patch.
    What do you mean? Wowhead's patch notes still have the FoF change, BS replacing blink, and Freeze not giving FoF. This is the same for the official WoW site and this one.

You're right, and now I'm not quite sure what gave me that idea.
    Maybe I was reading the red highlighted notes as "removed", not sure how because that's never how they format it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watching these forums has actually been quite fun for me since the launch of MoP. When Blizzard has made constant (rather quick) changes to the class, people were calling everything knee-jerk, stupid, and asked for them to test things first. Now we get to a second (?) build of a PTR, the first without significant changes outside number adjustments...and people complain again.
    BfA Beta Time

I know I certainly couldn't take doing your job :V

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Watching these forums has actually been quite fun for me since the launch of MoP. When Blizzard has made constant (rather quick) changes to the class, people were calling everything knee-jerk, stupid, and asked for them to test things first. Now we get to a second (?) build of a PTR, the first without significant changes outside number adjustments...and people complain again.
    Well yeah, but I don't think its just because people want to complain (er, I hope). Keep in mind that in the time frame you mention we've seen almost nothing but nerfs and the introduction of, shall we say, unimaginative talents? While changes to the class are always a gamble, I think *many* are willing to accept that risk vs. the status quo that is currently on the PTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogfoot View Post
    Well yeah, but I don't think its just because people want to complain (er, I hope). Keep in mind that in the time frame you mention we've seen almost nothing but nerfs and the introduction of, shall we say, unimaginative talents? While changes to the class are always a gamble, I think *many* are willing to accept that risk vs. the status quo that is currently on the PTR.
    Want my honest opinion on what I've noticed during that time frame I noted as to why it is how it is? The Mage class was veerrrryyyy potent at the mid-to-end times of Cataclysm, that many people thought, "OMG I HAS TO PLAY DIS CLASS I CAN HAS SUPER RAID SPOT AND GLADIATOR TITLE CAUSE I CAN PRESS BUTTOHN!!!". These people got into the beta and just loooovved how broken we were on beta (we were, I played on beta and could go days without dying to players or mobs). Then this went live and the above players all of a sudden became experts on both class design and maths. Now that we're being brought in line which is ultimately better for us in the long run..."ZOMG BLIZZARD IS STUPID LOLZ I CAN HAS DESIGN DIS BETTER LOOK AT MAH IDEAS BLIZZARD IS TEH DUMB".

Of course, they're more eloquent than that, but it's my honest to God moderator impression.
    BfA Beta Time

I don't give a shit how overpowered or underpowered my class is. I just want some god damn confirmation about Blizzard's plan with the class. At this point I really have no idea what is going to be good next patch. I don't know how to gear for it and I don't know how the rotation will work out. I hate being in the dark.

My guild is 16/16H and I am full mastery Arcane build. If 5.2 hits and Mastery is now the lesser stat for Arcane or another spec is now better, I will be at less than optimal DPS which is unacceptable.

All I want is a concrete confirmation of how my class is going to play out next patch. I'm honestly absolutely sick of having to change my gear every patch. First it was Fire->Arcane, where Crit was my best stat and now its my worst. Whos to say Mastery won't be the worst next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I don't give a shit how overpowered or underpowered my class is. I just want some god damn confirmation about Blizzard's plan with the class. At this point I really have no idea what is going to be good next patch. I don't know how to gear for it and I don't know how the rotation will work out. I hate being in the dark.

My guild is 16/16H and I am full mastery Arcane build. If 5.2 hits and Mastery is now the lesser stat for Arcane or another spec is now better, I will be at less than optimal DPS which is unacceptable.

All I want is a concrete confirmation of how my class is going to play out next patch. I'm honestly absolutely sick of having to change my gear every patch. First it was Fire->Arcane, where Crit was my best stat and now its my worst. Whos to say Mastery won't be the worst next patch?
    Welcome to every pure DPS class in the game, every patch of every expansion.
    Including Mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post

No one, but that's the nature of MMOs sadly. If something stays the same for too long, it gets boring and people get upset. Things have changed for every class over the years, and reforging gear isn't a killing issue. Further...this is what? The second or third build for 5.2 and raid testing JUST started. When gear lists come out, and we get a concrete "release" labeled build, then we'll have the answers you're looking for. That information won't exist every day, all day, erry day.
    BfA Beta Time