Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Sorry, but that does not = overpowered.

    This whole thread is based on a level 89 druid in Jade Forest gear (399 ilevel) who complains he cannot kill a Warrior
    Just because it doesn't equal overpowered doesn't mean warriors aren't overpowered. Fucking logic.
    This representation is huge sign yelling "overpowered": http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-0.html

    Second wind and defensive stance however means that it's impossible to kill a warrior above your own level as certain specs.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    You mean the two of you couldn't break 9k DPS between you?

    Second Wind's OP, but there are other issues here.
    40% resilence + armor says they need far higher then 9k dps.

  3. #63
    Being the druid was lvl 89 in 399ilvl gear he had shit for stats, so did the dk. However, he should of still died had the dk and druid not been afk also.

  4. #64
    2nd wind is a terribly designed talent, nothing new here. Can't kill a warrior as a fully geared resto shaman either.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    warriors are unkillable to most people the same level as them...so it's completely understandable that you'll have trouble even if you kite perfectly.
    If you're equally geared to the warrior and you can't kill him, the problem is you. I have seen rogues in 5.1 that have 60%-0'd me through second wind defensive stance, shield wall and die by the sword (stunned so parry was useless).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  6. #66
    Assuming you do 60k dps normally(which you shouldn't at weak gear levels much less pre-90).

    66% war pvp resilience drops it to 20k dps. Def stance drops it to 15k. A geared 400k HP warrior will regen 12khp per second. I'm not even counting in armor as warriors have more armor than generic mobs you fight.

    LOL DIS GAME IS GUD
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-01-20 at 06:48 PM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Just because it doesn't equal overpowered doesn't mean warriors aren't overpowered. Fucking logic.
    This representation is huge sign yelling "overpowered": http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-0.html

    Second wind and defensive stance however means that it's impossible to kill a warrior above your own level as certain specs.
    That representation means nothing when there have been 10+ serious warriors nerfs on live since fotm rerollers camped their ratings.
    Thats like saying Greeks are the most powerful nation of the world because they conquered most of the known world hundreds of years ago. You know you have to take into consideration all the changes that happened after an event occured.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Assuming you do 60k dps normally(which you shouldn't at weak gear levels much less pre-90).

    66% war pvp resilience drops it to 20k dps. Def stance drops it to 15k. A geared 400k HP warrior will regen 12khp per second. I'm not even counting in armor as warriors have more armor than generic mobs you fight.

    LOL DIS GAME IS GUD
    such a biased and wrong calculation. you are not factoring pvp power and then regen on live is not 3%. And to quote blizzard pre nerf the game is not even balanced 1v1. Thats like a warrior dueling a frost mage saying he does not have any uptime on the mage. Wouldn't be stupid to nerf mage slows and control over a 1v1 situation?

  8. #68
    Brewmaster Zaxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,428
    Well i make some test today
    Me with mine pvp gear 61% resi 345K hp used prtection stance against warlock with crafter pvp gear
    At the beginning he dint pass mine second wind but he learn prety fast that can use some CD and pass it
    If that warlock was on mine level of gear should have no problems

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    That representation means nothing when there have been 10+ serious warriors nerfs on live since fotm rerollers camped their ratings.
    Thats like saying Greeks are the most powerful nation of the world because they conquered most of the known world hundreds of years ago. You know you have to take into consideration all the changes that happened after an event occured.
    Rating and mmr was reset at some point after most of the nerfs. Look at hunter representation. It was at least twice as high before the mmr and rating reset.

  10. #70
    Now go and try to kill another class of lvl 90 and come back with results.. OH WAIT, DON'T COME BACK, WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE.

  11. #71
    yet another thread for people who cry about X class, without any relevance to arena or rbg or not even on par with levels.
    Go back under your bridge troll.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Rating and mmr was reset at some point after most of the nerfs. Look at hunter representation. It was at least twice as high before the mmr and rating reset.
    the factor that changed since those stats arent rating or mmr but warrior nerfs on live like avatar etc. comprehend?

  13. #73
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    the factor that changed since those stats arent rating or mmr but warrior nerfs on live like avatar etc. comprehend?
    This sentence doesn't make sense, but like I said gag order, tase for blood, and avatar pre-nerf can't be used as an excuse for current representation seeing as most of the 2.2k+ ladder was reset after the nerfs went live.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    This sentence doesn't make sense, but like I said gag order, tase for blood, and avatar pre-nerf can't be used as an excuse for current representation seeing as most of the 2.2k+ ladder was reset after the nerfs went live.
    you are wrong. no mmr or rating was reset during the season and after the warrior nerfs.

  15. #75
    I like how so much was speculated as to how the warrior could survive when its so plainly obvious why, it didn't happen the way it was described. The guy lied, or at least exaggerated end of story it isn't hard to see.

  16. #76
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    BUT, let's take a look at what happens currently, pre-Second Wind nerf. Now, you guys heal for 2.1% of health per second (taken from the post you quoted). So, in this 10.5 second stun you are in, you will heal for (.021 x 10.5) = 22.05% of your health. 22% of your health value of 380k is (380,000 x .2205) = 83,709 health that must be damaged through before Resil and Power are taken into account. Adding this to your current health value of 114,000 is (114,000 + 83,709) = 197,790. I'm just going to continue through my past steps taken without an explanation, as the exact same logic is used as the first example with the Second Wind nerf taken into account. Let me know if you have any questions about any of this math used.

    (197,790 x (1 / (1 - .65) ) ) = 565,114 Effective Health
    (565,114 / 10.5) = 53,820 Damage per Second Needed before PvP Power
    (53,820 / 1.55) = 34,722 Team Damage Per Second Needed.
    Some math of mine in a similar thread where a Warrior had to hypothetically survive a 3 stuns that resulted in a total duration of 10.5 seconds. The Warrior in question had 380k health and 65% Resilience and was not in Defensive Stance. The 34k dps number is the damage per second required to take a Warrior from 30% health to 0% by the end of the stun duration. If you look through that full section of math, you'll see that Second Wind is responsible for about 13k of the 34k dps required to make that kill happen, and factors PvP Resil, PvP Power, and Battle Stance.

    I know the warrior in question wasn't geared like my example Warrior, but my point is that Second Wind is quite the potent defense mechanism when a Warrior is taken into the sub-35% range. It raised this Warrior's effective health by about 220k health in this scenario.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-21 at 05:54 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    40% resilence + armor says they need far higher then 9k dps.
    Also, charge, shockwave spam and 25% defensive stance.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Also, charge, shockwave spam and 25% defensive stance.
    which is it? resilience? shockwave? charges? defensive stance? second wind? what is the problem. cause nerfing everything doesn't fix the problem. it creates a new one.

  19. #79
    Ok, Sorry for my late reply, but unfortunately, my boomkin did not use logs during our sessions. And now, also unfortunately, he is now level 90. And I have upgraded my gear by a large enough margin, I can no longer help test with this.

    My time spent away was not only spent in vain, but I forgot to mention to my giuldie to record ( I almost always record, he does not). So sorry, I can no longer help or deny the OPs claims

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    40% resilence + armor says they need far higher then 9k dps.
    both classes using magic based damaged, armor doesn't do anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •