Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Pre-nerf 10 man H Empress with no Disc priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    1 Have huddle show up on raid frames
    2 don't suck
    3 ???
    4 Don't suck.
    4 must be 'Profit!'.

Ladies and Gentleman, the OP speaks of normal mode..

Back to topic, speaking of Normal (*cough*) mode, we had the most problems on Garalon. First we weren't sure about which classes are best to kite, then the kiters had to learn the correct path and not to be cleaved and afterwards we had some frustrating enrage wipes around 8-15%.

Our enrage breakpoint was, surprisingly, not to let the tanks spec dps (tried that, but the healers did not like that) but instead two-healing Garalon while we tanks stayed full-tank except using dps-trinkets.
    Our kite order since then is: Tank 1 (me), Tank 2, Hunter, Holy Pala OR 2nd Hunter OR Elemental Shaman (the respecced healer).

Garalon is different for each group to handle, though. However, this was the example of our group.
    He was so frustrating whilst trying, really. Especially the enrage before we were adjusting the leg/body damage.

Now the big bug gets killed in the first try almost every ID without any big problems. :-)
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

We had the most trouble with Elegon ofc Garalon, Windlord strangely (most because of just stupid mistakes), Shek'zeer and Sha of Fear (but this one is not difficult by strategy it's just a pure DPS check).

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    your guild had been progressing on sha for 3 weeks before you joined, im sure it looked easy on your what 3 days of attempts with them when you killed it?

i love it when people join a decent guild and do zero progression through the tier with them, you get stupid posts like this.
    Blah Blah Blah I'm mad because someone pointed out the flaws in my team mates
    Last edited by CausalXXLinkXx; 2013-02-09 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Some people would argue Stone Guards is actually rather hard. I believe some guilds are still stuck on this (assuming at least chains in the setup)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    [list][*]You missed 2 orbs on your platform? Wipe.
    You deserve to lose if this happens consistently enough to consider it as being an issue

Someone didn't get out for Dread Blossom in time? Wipe.
    this just in, fucking up a mechanic gets you killed!

People ran over each other during Waterspout? Wipe.
    same as ^ except this is probably one of the easiest mechanics within all of Toes

Tank got unlucky on a Dread Thrash with no dodges or parries? Wipe.
    RNG leads to tank deaths? No kidding.

most of the ones between
    If you've gotten to the last boss of a tier your reaction time should be <1 second for mechanics that "instant wipe" your raid after doing a couple attempts

Also, I'm trying to keep this as civil as possible but your guild spent nearly 4 weeks on Heroic Sha. Looking at most guilds they spent 1, possible 2 weeks on Sha progression. Take that how you want, but I can guarantee your judgement on the difficulty of Sha is clouded because of that fact.

my 2cents. 10m Normal. Elegon and Garalon were the 2 roadblocks considering our gear at the time. Stone Guard if tanks do not know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post

anyways normal mode? I'd say shek'zeer
    I was surprised to see her named, it took my guild 4 attempts to kill her, one of the easiest bosses for us. Garalon took about 25 and Amber Shaper about 17.
    Admittedly, we did greatly improve our raid team between Amber Shaper and Empress.

Anyway, from my experience in normal modes, the hardest T14 Normal boss is probably either Garalon or Amber Shaper.

13/16 HC and the boss we wiped on most before kill is still Stone Guard HC. Also struggled on Un'sok and Kings. Shek'zeer was easy for us with a good healer setup.

Deleted
    With all the nerfs it's hard to say. Before they nerf'd Sha it was properly the hardest, but far from the worst now. If we count wipes, Spritkings was the hardest I think, Sha was just a long ass fight but not super many wipes.

Any boss you'll wipe on coz of bad RNG will always give you a feeling it was hard. Zorlok, Spiritking, Tsulong and maybe Lei Shi.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Also, I'm trying to keep this as civil as possible but your guild spent nearly 4 weeks on Heroic Sha. Looking at most guilds they spent 1, possible 2 weeks on Sha progression. Take that how you want, but I can guarantee your judgement on the difficulty of Sha is clouded because of that fact.
    Seeing as this wouldn't be shown in world of logs I thought I should let you know that we took a holiday break from progression due to schedule conflict for ~2 weeks until the first of January. So yes, Heroic Sha did only take us ~ 2 weeks or ~4-5 raid nights.

Thanks for keeping it civil

Edit: I personally found amber shaper the most annoying but as to who is the most difficult its all up to personal experience!

H garalon is the hardest because according to the armory no one has killed him.

Amber shaper was a joke imo, so I can say he wasn't the hardest boss. I'll probably say H sha because it took the best guilds some time to kill it. Enough time to give EU the first H sha kill when US had access to it first.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm hardest 10man normal boss

either un'sok or garalon none of the others is hard comapred to those two.

we jsut got unsok down and shekzeer down 5 tries after that. yet to try terrace but what ive heard from the other team they are easy as fuck.

We were stuck on garalon for a month cause we could not push that little bit of dps. also our raid group has been unlucky with Disenchanting jsut about any drop piece before that.

unsok we were stuck on for 2-3 weeks 7 weeks if you count the time people where on vacation.

we are a casual guild. we care about progress but don't care about beeing the best in world or on server.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    hmmm hardest 10man normal boss

either un'sok or garalon none of the others is hard comapred to those two.

we jsut got unsok down and shekzeer down 5 tries after that. yet to try terrace but what ive heard from the other team they are easy as fuck.
    You'll probably roll through Terrace. I'm really amazed how easy that place is compared to Heart of Fear. We walked into it for the first time last night and two-shot Elite Protectors, three shot Tsulong, one-shot (!) Lei Shi. Sha of Fear is a little tougher. We did two pulls but were having some DPS issues as some of our members are really undergeared (as low as 460 iLevel)

I believe Elegon took us the most attempts in normal mode. Probably took us about 20-25, Garalon was a close second, might have even been first. I think he took around 20-25 as well.

Wind Lord and Amber Shaper probably took us 15-20 ish. I don't think Wind Lord was hard, we were just doing it wrong for the first night of attempts, would have gone down in under 10 if we were doing our current strat.

Empress took us 15 ish as well, but as soon as our DK started popping Army on add phases to help with insane tank damage, the boss died.

IIRC, everything else, including everything in Terrace, took 6 or less attempts, including Sha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    You deserve to lose if this happens consistently enough to consider it as being an issue

this just in, fucking up a mechanic gets you killed!

same as ^ except this is probably one of the easiest mechanics within all of Toes

RNG leads to tank deaths? No kidding.

If you've gotten to the last boss of a tier your reaction time should be <1 second for mechanics that "instant wipe" your raid after doing a couple attempts

Implying noone ever made mistake and you one shot the boss because noone died to any single mechinic on the fight all of which are easily avoidable.

In 10 man normal mode the hardest boss is probably either Un'sok or Garalon. Empress isn't nearly as difficult as people make out, it just looks a bit overwhelming at first. Entire ToeS is faceroll (inc. elite protectors) even for normal mode only guilds.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Empress so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Wind Lord and Amber Shaper probably took us 15-20 ish. I don't think Wind Lord was hard, we were just doing it wrong for the first night of attempts, would have gone down in under 10 if we were doing our current strat.

Empress took us 15 ish as well, but as soon as our DK started popping Army on add phases to help with insane tank damage, the boss died.
    Any chance you can enlighten me with your current Wind Lord strategy? It turns out he's not as easy for us as he first seemed.