5.2 PvP: What's changing?

I let my DK down a month ago as I felt he was too squishy and lacked CC compared to other melee classes.
    Now I miss him...

What's really changing in 5.2 that would make me reconsider playing him again then? All I can read about is 60sec less on Strang and some UH buffs.
    Am I missing something?

Conversion and death siphon will heal for more as well as blood worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    I let my DK down a month ago as I felt he was too squishy and lacked CC compared to other melee classes.
    Now I miss him...

What's really changing in 5.2 that would make me reconsider playing him again then? All I can read about is 60sec less on Strang and some UH buffs.
    Am I missing something?
    Compared to Ret you're not too bad off right now. DK's are glass cannons...i can handle that. Anyways conversion is now gonna be OP for BDK's because it only costs 5 Runic Power instead of 10...I personally like to FC as Blood. Frost is same old same old if you want to use conversion for PvP you could but I still like death pact.

The major change is that *hopefully* other classes are being brought in line a bit more, most notably warriors and ferals. All changes so far is the strangulate one and buffs to death siphon and conversion, though you'll probably still roll with death pact anyways.

60 sec strang ppPpppppPPPPPpPppp

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodworms are pretty beef! Granted blood is shit for PvP, I managed to squeeze out a 1,009,124 crit with some setup

Won't last long I guess..

What % does soul reaper hit for in pvp. Even as unholy in full malv stacked mastery, it hits below 10k. Which seems too weak for an execute when both ss and fs hit harder than it. Even if you include the shadow dmg past 5 secs, i'm assuming its not intended to be used for arena/bgs at all? It just feels like it needs a buff and scale to hit slightly harder in pvp.

Below 10k must be overreacting, or after absorb effects or a large damage recution cd. I'm not entirely sure but I'd say between 40 and 50k for frost, which is still very weak if you consider the timing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    What % does soul reaper hit for in pvp. Even as unholy in full malv stacked mastery, it hits below 10k. Which seems too weak for an execute when both ss and fs hit harder than it. Even if you include the shadow dmg past 5 secs, i'm assuming its not intended to be used for arena/bgs at all? It just feels like it needs a buff and scale to hit slightly harder in pvp.
    In arena as frost if i can get a reaper up and keep them below the 35% before it "detonates" so to say it's way worth it. I've hit an arms warr in defensive stance with wall up for like 35k(pillar/on-use-trink up). I've killed a lot of people with reaper. In fact, I prefer this execute design... let's say you hit your target with reaper and then get cloned/cc'd right afterwards it still hits and boom your target is dead.

I could feel this way because my other 2 mains are a pally and a hunter which both have the standard execute.