Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Actually 11 years and 4 and a half months.



    If you have a more exact number please post it. I used those numbers since they are a good part away from it's official release, I doubt that they sold more than 1 million copies after that date, but if I am wrong, please go ahead and correct me.
    So you base your arguments on numbers that are most likeley not correct and not complete... ok.

    Anyway even if they "just" sold 4 millions, back in that day the gaming industry wasn't as big as today and even less people had internet to play diablo2 online.
    It's like if you say a millionaire 100 yes ago didn't have much money because now a million is not nearly as much as it was back in those days.


    But like I said ... sold copies on release are not realy a good indicator if a game is good or successfull or not... the fact that diablo2 is still played 12 years ago by alot of people and people claiming that diablo2 is still way better than diablo3 speaks for its success.

    Diablo3 was sold so much because of Blizzards and Diablo2s reputation, not because it is a good game. Get over it already.

  2. #242
    next guy steps up for d3. The community OMFG D3 sucks/kick this asshole / he should been fired days ago/ i want jay back / blizzard dont know what there doing i want my money back. This community sigh.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    So you base your arguments on numbers that are most likeley not correct and not complete... ok.

    Anyway even if they "just" sold 4 millions, back in that day the gaming industry wasn't as big as today and even less people had internet to play diablo2 online.
    It's like if you say a millionaire 100 yes ago didn't have much money because now a million is not nearly as much as it was back in those days.


    But like I said ... sold copies on release are not realy a good indicator if a game is good or successfull or not... the fact that diablo2 is still played 12 years ago by alot of people and people claiming that diablo2 is still way better than diablo3 speaks for its success.

    Diablo3 was sold so much because of Blizzards and Diablo2s reputation, not because it is a good game. Get over it already.
    No he is wrong. They sold 17 million copies of D1, D2 and Lod.
    I linked it the last page.

    Again, please get your facts straight before spewing bullshit.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You seem to be quite butthurt about him failing so miserably. There there. Bravik said himself that Blizzard lost their Action RPG talent a while ago. The RTS clown Wilson had no clue what he was getting in to. You can spew poison all you wan't, but Diablo 2 remains a great game that will be loved by millions around the world.

    Diablo 3 was sold for 10 dollars 3 months after its release and given away for free to wow subscribers. It is a disaster. It is and eyesore. It was a flop. You can shout until you are blue in the face and none of that will change.

    Lets cross our fingers and hope Ghostcrawler is next on the list.
    I also wish Ghostcrawler will go in the future but looking how people treat him on these forums (next best thing to Jesus) I doubt it. He ruined the game and made it the most unbalanced crap ever.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_II
    Which links its sources directly from Vivendi Website
    The source does not exists.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    lol. Diablo 2 and Lod sold much more than 4 million copies. I think you have your sources from Wikipedia and are just unable to read so:



    Diablo 2 sold 4 mill copies 12 years ago.

    In Fact Diablo1+2+Lod sold over 17 million copies.
    Source please.

    And btw the 10.000.000 D3 sold copies in just 6 weeks time is a world record for PC's.

    The fact WoW has an active subscriber base of 10 million players and has probably sold around 30 -40 +million copies by now explains far more than the existence of a decade old game of which most players no longer play video games like D3 as adults.

    Since Morhaime stated that around 1 in 3 players play WoW for longer periods, I think the vast majority of sales came from players who played WoW.

    The active number of D2 players is insignificant compared to present day WoW players.

    I wouldn't feed the number of guys falsely claiming they played D2, because I would be broke in just a few hours.

    The record here was held by a 15 year old who stated he played Diablo 1 at launch and "hated" D3 because it wasn't as good a shooter as the first one.

    The 15 year old was one of the 1/10 voters on Metacritic btw.

    That's the kind of "quality" "user" reviews you get on the internet these days...

    This and vomiting on a man who designed games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of Wars...and Diablo 3 ...

    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-18 at 02:05 PM.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Diablo3 was sold so much because of Blizzards and Diablo2s reputation, not because it is a good game. Get over it already.
    Get over what? Diablo 2 > Diablo 3. That's my opinion.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    The source does not exists.
    It doesn't exist anymore or the website name changed yet it is a better source than your "imaginary source" or your source from 12 years ago.
    Give me a source stating it sold 4 million copies as of today. Just google it. You will see I am right.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Source please.

    And btw the 10.000.000 copies in just 6 weeks time is a world record for now.

    The fact WoW has an active subscriber base of 10 million players and has probably sold around 30 -40 +million copies by now explains far more than the existence of a decade old game of which most players no longer play video games like D3 as adults.

    Since Morhaime stated that around 1 in 3 players play WoW for longer periods of, I think the vast majority of sales came from players who played WoW.

    The active number of D2 players is insignificant compared to oresent day WoW players.
    I linked my sources. Unlike you. And no, 12 year old "sources" (1 year after game release) don't count.
    What the fuck are you talking about? What has WoW to do with this? Are you mentally disabled?
    Last edited by Belial91; 2013-01-18 at 01:59 PM.

  9. #249
    So instead of containing him in just one game, they let him loose on the rest.

    Damn, it's like Diablo going all over Sanctuary again.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    To be honest i'm glad he is gone ... and on the same part I feel pitty for the project he will be in charge now.
    But maybe ... just maybe he won't be the director of another game and he just was fired or put into something less meaningfull and didn't want to say that.

    In fact he was a liar to begin with, he even lied with his 7 years work for blizzard and so on.
    He insulted a man who created the Diablo franchise in the first place because he constructively said what is wrong with Diablo3.

    So I don't take his words for serious here since he is such an arrogant douche, he won't tell us if finally someone made the decision to dispromote him.


    And to all the "Diablo3 was the best selling game ever":
    Yeah it was, but why? Because of the amazing reputation this franchise and Blizzard had because of Diablo2 and WoW, not because of this man and his "vision" of the game.

    There have not even been a beta for people to try, if there would have been one, i'm completely sure not even half as much games would have been sold.

    This man basically destroyed the legacy of Diablo, destroyed the reputation of blizzard with a crappy game that is not worthy to be the sequell to Diablo2 and even had an attitude that is beyond unprofessional. (The "Fuck that loser" thing).

    People have been fired for way less at blizzard and I still can't understand why they let him in charge after that anyway.



    So tl;dr:

    I'm glad he is finally gone, sadly years too late and since the game is already released and complete there won't be any bigger changes to the core problems of the game, since that would basically mean to recreat half of the game.

    Diablo3 is dead and he is the one to blaim for it.
    yes becouse feeling offended when someone points down hours of hard work is just a pile of crap along with disgusting tweets day in and out and saying something stupid is so odd. Look at your own post your actually 10x worser in attitude then this jay guy and your not coming with any improvements idea just a hillbilly witchhunt comment anyone could say (its hes fault d3 sucks D so tired of these types of useless comments if i was jay i would just want to quit becouse iam sick of the no help all insults methods.

  11. #251
    Hum, I wonder whether Jay Wilson moving out of D3 management was really his own wish or not.

    Surely, the time to move him out would have been after the initial mass complaining about D3 or after the "loser" incident and not now, but still I wonder...

    Anyway, I do believe this is for the better of the Diablo series. D3 was a huge letdown for me, so much that I only managed to play the thing for 2 weeks and came back to grind Dragon Soul afterwards... I indeed heard the game is much better now, and perhaps it will grow to be even better after Jay leaves.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    It doesn't exist anymore or the website name changed yet it is a better source than your "imaginary source" or your source from 12 years ago.
    Give me a source stating it sold 4 million copies as of today. Just google it. You will see I am right.
    So, your source that doesn't exist is better than my source that is pulled from wikipedia and is 12 years old? Huh.



    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    I linked my sources.
    What the fuck are you talking about? What has WoW to do with this? Are you mentally disabled?
    You linked to a wiki article which uses a source that doesn't exist. He is simple asking you for a source. And don't insult people, makes you look childish.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    next guy steps up for d3. The community OMFG D3 sucks/kick this asshole / he should been fired days ago/ i want jay back / blizzard dont know what there doing i want my money back. This community sigh.
    What you said might have made sense if Diablo 3 was a universally acclaimed game, but the fact is this game has been a PR fiasco up there with SWTOR. The recent decisions regarding PvP and their insistence with bashing a square peg into a round hole regarding it is just the latest in a long line of PR mistakes, and while I don't think for a minute all these mistakes can be laid at his door I don't blame the community for being relieved at seeing Jay Wilson go. We can't say that this shows a change in design philosophy at Blizzard for D3 but if players want to hope, let them.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    So, your source that doesn't exist is better than my source that is pulled from wikipedia and is 12 years old? Huh.



    You linked to a wiki article which uses a source that doesn't exist. He is simple asking you for a source. And don't insult people, makes you look childish.

    My source is Diablowiki. That the source from Diablo Wiki itself doesn't exist anymore is unfortunate but that doesn't make it wrong.
    And yes of course sources have to be up to date. I can't believe you want to prove a point by linking a 12 year old source.
    It is outdated. Diablo 2 came out 2000, your source is from frikkin 2001. Are you being sarcastic and I am missing it?
    I can't go around and say that there have been sold whatever... only 200 computers until now because I use sources from the 1960s.

    I showed you a source of Diablo selling 17 million as of today.
    Show me a single source with 4 million which is up to date.

    My source is also outdated though. Since it is from 2006. So up to this point Diablo probably sold over 20 million copies.

    I don't care if I look childish. You spread misinformation (with no source) and the other guy talks about WoW and Dawn of war whatever. This is not about WoW or any other game.
    Last edited by Belial91; 2013-01-18 at 02:11 PM.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    What you said might have made sense if Diablo 3 was a universally acclaimed game, but the fact is this game has been a PR fiasco up there with SWTOR. The recent decisions regarding PvP and their insistence with bashing a square peg into a round hole regarding it is just the latest in a long line of PR mistakes, and while I don't think for a minute all these mistakes can be laid at his door I don't blame the community for being relieved at seeing Jay Wilson go. We can't say that this shows a change in design philosophy at Blizzard for D3 but if players want to hope, let them.
    can they hope without acting like rude spoiled brats then and be thankful someone put some much work to improve there game exp even if it did not turn out as good as they hoped. There is not many game companies that does so much and interact this much with there fans and the reward back is often insults and threats ?? and they can never say anything harsh themself cause then there a douche! gg community nice logic there.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    My source is Diablowiki. That the source from Diablo Wiki itself doesn't exist anymore is unfortunate but that doesn't make it wrong.
    And yes of course sources have to be up to date. I can't believe you want to prove a point by linking a 12 year old source.
    It is outdated. Diablo 2 came out 2000, your source is from frikkin 2001. Are you being sarcastic and I am missing it?
    I can't go around and say that there have been sold whatever... only 200 computers until now because I use sources from the 1960s.

    I showed you a source of Diablo selling 17 million as of today.
    Show me a single source with 4 million which is up to date.

    I don't care if I look childish. You spread misinformation (with no source) and the other guy talks about WoW and Dawn of war whatever. This is not about WoW or any other game.
    So, my source is outdated and thus invalid, your source is outdated but valid? What?

    "VIVGames_EuropeRoadshow_June2006.pdf" your source is from 2006, assuming the number isn't made up, which you haven't proven yet.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    So, my source is outdated and thus invalid, your source is outdated but valid? What?

    "VIVGames_EuropeRoadshow_June2006.pdf" your source is from 2006, assuming the number isn't made up, which you haven't proven yet.
    Ok. official source right here:

    http://www.vivendi.com/wp-content/up...iew-2-1-07.pdf

    Straight from Vivendi. 17 million copies as of 2006. Probably more than 20 mil now.

    Please tell me you are trolling... Of course a source from 2006 is more accurate than a source from 2001. Pls tell me you are trolling me.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    What you said might have made sense if Diablo 3 was a universally acclaimed game, but the fact is this game has been a PR fiasco up there with SWTOR. The recent decisions regarding PvP and their insistence with bashing a square peg into a round hole regarding it is just the latest in a long line of PR mistakes, and while I don't think for a minute all these mistakes can be laid at his door I don't blame the community for being relieved at seeing Jay Wilson go. We can't say that this shows a change in design philosophy at Blizzard for D3 but if players want to hope, let them.
    Euh... The average professional reviews gave Diablo 3 an average score of 88% and that was before patches 1.04 and patch 1.05 which made the game even better and longer lasting.

    Spare me the so called hundreds of 1/10 Metacritics of so called user reviews as the vast majority were given on the first 3 launching days with such comments as seen above "D3 is the worse(sic) shooter I ever played ..." and "i hate games with drm that I can't copy ... Or "Blizzard sucks..."

    98% of these users gave WoW , COD and others the same idiotic score.

    IGN score was 95%.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-18 at 02:18 PM.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    Probably more than 20 mil now.
    Source for that claim? Are you back again at making am imaginary numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    "This plugin has security vulnerabilities" sorry, can't view it. Any better source?

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Source for that claim? Are you back again at making am imaginary numbers



    "This plugin has security vulnerabilities" sorry, can't view it. Any better source?

    Ok you are trolling me.
    Anyway uploaded it imgur for you

    http://imgur.com/oIKYs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •